RemDra

CHANGE LOG

7/14/12- Terix himself told me to post this O_o

Changes WEEKLY, barely daily due to school -_-

7/15/12

-Decreased Explosion Plant INT percentage into from 85/90/95/100% into 30%

-Decreased Gravity Warper range from 4 to 3

-Changed ulti from All-out Hyperdrive into Magnetic Leech

-Changed heroic passive from glory of war into stealth engine.

7/16/12

-Decreased Stealth Engine seconds from 15 secs into 7 secs

-Increased damage of Magnetic Leech from 1% to 5%/10%/15% per second

-Increased range of Magnetic Leech from 4 to 5

-Decreased Magnetic Leech seconds from 20/30/40 to 20 secs only

-Balanced stats

INTRODUCTION

Terix.Deathbomb

As a kid, Terix was exposed to wars and violence, causing him to become a pacifist. He saw millions of lives wasted and he would be haunted by the deaths of people. After years, he found out that there was a special project that would make him forget certain memories. Terix volunteered himself to try to forget war. As the project began, an accident happened. Instead of forgetting war, he started to have a mental breakdown. He started to have an urge to bring destruction as he remembers in war. He ran amok and escaped. After developing a personal vulture with special mines, he killed countless of innocent lives and was forced out of the Dominion. At some point, Terix was invited by AoS due to his incredibly destructive nature. Because of his hunger for war, he agreed for his own “entertainment”. He now waits when the war will start, hoping to bring destruction into his enemies.

Strength - 18(3/level)

Agility - 24(6/level)

Intelligence - 30 (8/level)

Learns Explosion Plant, Gravity Warper, Anti-Radar Device and Magnetic Leech

Attack range of 5

Movement speed of 3

HERO INFORMATION

Affiliation: Chaotic Neutral

Role: Caster

Theme: Stealthy Mine Layer

Black Vulture with added design.

Terix.Deathbomb

Starting Hitpoints: 600

Starting Mana: 410

Starting Damage: 45

Starting Armor: 3.5

HERO ABILITIES

Heroic Passive:

Stealth Engine

Whenever Terix uses an ability, he becomes invisible for 7 secs and gains 15% increased movement speed

Energy Cost: N/A

Cooldown: N/A

Range: self

This is his "plant and run" ability and is very useful for baiting others and well, err.... running away.

Explosion Plant

Terix plants a mine that Deals 60+(30%INT) when an enemy when it passes by it's area. Only 4 mines can be planted at a time. All mines are cloaked.

Level 1 - Deals 60+(30%INT). 4 mines.

Level 2 - Deals 80+(30%INT). 5 mines.

Level 3 - Deals 100+(30%INT). 6 mines.

Level 4 - Deals 120+(30%INT). 7 mines.

Energy Cost: 50/75/85/105

Cooldown: 5 secs

Range: 3

Nothing like a trusty old mine, eh?

Skill 2 Icon

Gravity Warper

Terix plants a special mine that pulls enemies within it’s radius and stuns them for 0.5 secs. Only 2 warpers can be planted at a time. All warpers are cloaked

Level 1 - Stuns for 0.5 secs.

Level 2 - Stuns for 1.0 secs.

Level 3 - Stuns for 1.5 secs.

Level 4 - Stuns for 2.0 secs.

Energy Cost: 75/90/105/125

Cooldown: 20 secs.

Range: 3

Used to pull those pesky shooter to it, so that if it's besides mines, you will annoy your opponent.

Skill 3 Icon

Anti-Radar Device

Terix puts a small device that disables truesight around it's area. Only 1 can be planted at a time. Lasts only 1 minute. (Anti-Radar (can)not cloaked). Only affects mines.

Level 1 - 1 mine. 1 minute

Level 2 - 2 mines.

Level 3 - 3 mines. 2 minute

Level 4 - 4 mines.

Energy Cost: 50

Cooldown: 30

Range: 4

WHAT?! You want your mines to be always shot down? That would make you UP!

Ultimate Icon

Magnetic Leech

Terix shoots a special mine to his target, dealing INT% damage to the opponent per second(non fatal). When the opponent is near mines, mines within Magnetic Leech's range will automatically chase and explode on the enemy. Lasts 20 secs.

Level 1 -5% INT per second.Lasts 20 secs.

Level 2 -10% INT per second.Lasts 20 secs.

Level 3 -15% INT per second.Lasts 20 secs.

Energy Cost: 75%

Cooldown: 60

Range: 5(for the enemy)

His ulti will suck the misery out of your opponent and the mines nearby your opponent will add more pain.

Your feedback, suggestions and corrections shall be very much appreciated. Thanks!

The passive is fine.

I think the cap of int with ideal items and ihan is around 500-600. But at end game you will usaully have around 300. If the mines deal 100% int and 120 base damage that would be like 420 per mine. Say you stacked them in one location and say boros or micro threw them onto a stack of 7 mines with 420 damage each, it would be insta kill.

The same thing could happen with the warper mines, you stack them up too.

And if you take the scenario about the throw or bola and wait for it with your E, it does like 735+2940=3675 damage.

Finally it all becomes worse with the ulti. 30% damage would equal almost 4.5k dmg..

Incredibly imba.

This is too UP. The abilities are automatically useless when truesight is present. While yes, you can put it strategically you are still not able to kill a person that shoots down your mines from far ahead( Like Nova/Rancor/Raynor).

Well, yeah. but how is this up ish again? I mean u can always use him for combat instead of mines. Plus Gravity Warper can pull the opponents who tries to shoot mines down.

Okay maybe not as UP, but still, what happens when Gravity Warper is shot then? This is why Darpa's Spider Mines were changed to Tracking Spider. And his passive isn't at all related to the rest of his skills. Maybe, when Terix is near the mines, the mines won't be able to be detected even with truesight?

Okay maybe not as UP, but still, what happens when Gravity Warper is shot then? This is why Darpa's Spider Mines were changed to Tracking Spider. And his passive isn't at all related to the rest of his skills. Maybe, when Terix is near the mines, the mines won't be able to be detected even with truesight?

That is a good suggestion. Maybe I will change the passive. Although, I am now grounded of using my laptop for certain purposes, so expect some changes in a week or so... BTW: Is that possible to hide something form TRUESIGHT?

The passive is fine.

I think the cap of int with ideal items and ihan is around 500-600. But at end game you will usaully have around 300. If the mines deal 100% int and 120 base damage that would be like 420 per mine. Say you stacked them in one location and say boros or micro threw them onto a stack of 7 mines with 420 damage each, it would be insta kill.

And if you take the scenario about the throw or bola and wait for it with your E, it does like 735+2940=3675 damage.

Finally it all becomes worse with the ulti. 30% damage would equal almost 4.5k dmg..

Incredibly imba.

So what do you think should I change?

That is a good suggestion. Maybe I will change the passive. Although, I am now grounded of using my laptop for certain purposes, so expect some changes in a week or so... BTW: Is that possible to hide something form TRUESIGHT?

Try not to double post. And you should ask RNG for that, new mechanics = win!

Range 4 of warpers is quite large when you compare the effects with Jackson's Mass Effect, which means it is as effective as an ultimate, but the problem is truesight + heavier ranged attack = useless mines. This could be ridiculously OP against melee heroes though. Also, remember to put more skill synergy and make the mines spell immune maybe? And probably light units, because Micro can toss one of these at the opponents, dealing 280 [+INT Scale] damage and pulling units within a 4 unit radius area of effect, stunning for 2.5 seconds. Dangerous initiation.

So what do you think should I change?

I would make it so that instead of the mines being a huge bursty damage nuke, just have them be a pest where they can deal small damage but eventually whittle a person down. I would make the damage calc this, if you plan on keeping it at the current number of mines. 60 damage + [30% Intelligence]. And follow the same base damage scaling that you had and have the int scaling be 30% at all levels. See at level 1 an int hero has arround 50 int. That is taking into account a pendant and the +6 to all attributes. That would bring the total for one mine to 75 at level one.

For the W, take into consideration that having two 2.5 second stuns is so so powerful. 5 seconds would give you enough time to place explosive mines around the enemy and kill them. I would make it like 1 mine, with a 2 second stun at level 4.

I would get rid of the W outright. It doesnt really synergize with spammability.

I would also change the ulti because i dont like the idea of increasing the damage. I would make it something like you lay a bomb down and when an enemy walks nearby it clings to them and it does intense AoE damage in like a radius of like 4 after like 5 seconds. It could deal like 200 + [100% Intelligence]. You could also make it so you just clikc on them and it follows the same idea.

I would make it so that instead of the mines being a huge bursty damage nuke, just have them be a pest where they can deal small damage but eventually whittle a person down. I would make the damage calc this, if you plan on keeping it at the current number of mines. 60 damage + [30% Intelligence]. And follow the same base damage scaling that you had and have the int scaling be 30% at all levels. See at level 1 an int hero has arround 50 int. That is taking into account a pendant and the +6 to all attributes. That would bring the total for one mine to 75 at level one.

For the W, take into consideration that having two 2.5 second stuns is so so powerful. 5 seconds would give you enough time to place explosive mines around the enemy and kill them. I would make it like 1 mine, with a 2 second stun at level 4.

I would get rid of the W outright. It doesnt really synergize with spammability.

I would also change the ulti because i dont like the idea of increasing the damage. I would make it something like you lay a bomb down and when an enemy walks nearby it clings to them and it does intense AoE damage in like a radius of like 4 after like 5 seconds. It could deal like 200 + [100% Intelligence]. You could also make it so you just clikc on them and it follows the same idea.

I have changed some of his abilities and ability effects to people who preferred him that way. Anyone else wants to give comments/suggestions?

I think the amount of time it would take for this hero to effectively place mines is too long for a game as fast paced as AoS.

Possibly allow multiple mines to be placed at once in order to compensate.

For example: You gain up to 7 and 4 charges of Q, W Respectively. The cooldown on placing mines would be removed and the cooldown for refreshing mines would remain 5 seconds per mine for Q and 20 seconds per W.

Of course the damage output for said mines would be subject to change... but the mechanics of heros in hero suggestion threads are by far the most important element of implementing heros into the game. Making sure there is a sense of continuity is an essential element in any design philosophy.

The passive is fine.

Incredibly imba.

Don't listen to Iguana here. He is being incredibly Naive. I will explain...

All of this damage would effect a single target no doubt. So yes... in most cases that target WILL die. The downside is: any damage that is dealt beyond the parameters of a characters Health Pool is by definition wasted damage. Example: Hero stacks mine etc to total a possible 5K Spell Damage... Micro.Gravitus Seismic Slams target Hero with 2k HP into Mines. All mines explode: dealing 2000 Damage to said hero. Hero dies... 3000 Damage was wasted. In terms of efficiency, the play indirectly lost out of 3000 damage that could have possibly been spent otherwise, either farming etc. The fact that someone would chose to gamble and place all their mines in one location is simply that... a gamble that you will need all that damage.

Yes you can stack mines and have an initiator or pluck mechanic abuse them. This existed before with the old Darpa and was never frowned upon. In fact... it was considered a tactical advantage of having an Anti Scouting hero. Asides from the massive burst capability of the hero, Iguana forgot to consider the fact that it would take a substantial amount of time to set up. It would require steady observation of any scouting enemies to ensure that they are not triggered before hand by either a stray creep or other means, and it would restrict this hero from placing mines in other locations. Overall it's a bet. The player would be placing all its eggs in one basket in efforts of a one shot someone opposed to map-control and counter scouting. If you would have been around for 3.0 Darpa + Micro you would have seen exactly this. Except with much much more mines in one location.

I think the amount of time it would take for this hero to effectively place mines is too long for a game as fast paced as AoS.

Possibly allow multiple mines to be placed at once in order to compensate.

For example: You gain up to 7 and 4 charges of Q, W Respectively. The cooldown on placing mines would be removed and the cooldown for refreshing mines would remain 5 seconds per mine for Q and 20 seconds per W.

Of course the damage output for said mines would be subject to change... but the mechanics of heros in hero suggestion threads are by far the most important element of implementing heros into the game. Making sure there is a sense of continuity is an essential element in any design philosophy.

Don't listen to Iguana here. He is being incredibly Naive. I will explain...

All of this damage would effect a single target no doubt. So yes... in most cases that target WILL die. The downside is: any damage that is dealt beyond the parameters of a characters Health Pool is by definition wasted damage. Example: Hero stacks mine etc to total a possible 5K Spell Damage... Micro.Gravitus Seismic Slams target Hero with 2k HP into Mines. All mines explode: dealing 2000 Damage to said hero. Hero dies... 3000 Damage was wasted. In terms of efficiency, the play indirectly lost out of 3000 damage that could have possibly been spent otherwise, either farming etc. The fact that someone would chose to gamble and place all their mines in one location is simply that... a gamble that you will need all that damage.

Yes you can stack mines and have an initiator or pluck mechanic abuse them. This existed before with the old Darpa and was never frowned upon. In fact... it was considered a tactical advantage of having an Anti Scouting hero. Asides from the massive burst capability of the hero, Iguana forgot to consider the fact that it would take a substantial amount of time to set up. It would require steady observation of any scouting enemies to ensure that they are not triggered before hand by either a stray creep or other means, and it would restrict this hero from placing mines in other locations. Overall it's a bet. The player would be placing all its eggs in one basket in efforts of a one shot someone opposed to map-control and counter scouting. If you would have been around for 3.0 Darpa + Micro you would have seen exactly this. Except with much much more mines in one location.

I am sooo dizzy...... So what do you think should I do now? Return to the original, stay with the new one I made or try to balance everything?

I wonder who are the new 36(12 each type of hero) heroes. I wanted to create lots of heroes for fun, and for once just to see at least one of them in the game ^_^. Yeah, a little of topic, but still hero creating related.

Mines were introduced DARPA. Making another one related to him would make it bland. Nice rework to the hero, but there are some things you need to rework;

15% movement speed for 15 seconds is crazy. Nerf it to 5/10% movement speed. Change the damage to 5%INT/10%INT/15%INT for 20 seconds at all levels. Calculate it like this, the maximum amount of INT you can get is 600INT(6 Argus Crystals) and 15 x 600/100 = 90. 90 damage for 20 seconds is 1800 and is non-fatal. This deals more than half of a tank's HP. You would provide more team contribution by then when you can kill the Micro on the other team. It'll also provide strategic placements of your mines.

Mines were introduced DARPA. Making another one related to him would make it bland. Nice rework to the hero, but there are some things you need to rework;

15% movement speed for 15 seconds is crazy. Nerf it to 5/10% movement speed. Change the damage to 5%INT/10%INT/15%INT for 20 seconds at all levels. Calculate it like this, the maximum amount of INT you can get is 600INT(6 Argus Crystals) and 15 x 600/100 = 90. 90 damage for 20 seconds is 1800 and is non-fatal. This deals more than half of a tank's HP. You would provide more team contribution by then when you can kill the Micro on the other team. It'll also provide strategic placements of your mines.

I disagree. 5/10% would be too low an amount. Instead, reduce the duration of the movespeed buff and cloak. It'd be good if you could reduce the cloak to about 3 seconds, and the buff to around 6.

I disagree. 5/10% would be too low an amount. Instead, reduce the duration of the movespeed buff and cloak. It'd be good if you could reduce the cloak to about 3 seconds, and the buff to around 6.

Done. BTW: Just a correction, but 15% - 6%= 9%. Wouldn't 9% be low since you said 5/10% is a too low amount?

Done. BTW: Just a correction, but 15% - 6%= 9%. Wouldn't 9% be low since you said 5/10% is a too low amount?

9% movespeed is pretty underwhelming. Keep it around 15-20%.

Decreasing the duration length is a must. 4 Seconds of cloak/speed would be sufficient providing the fact that you will be able to chain cast with relative easy.

9% movespeed is pretty underwhelming. Keep it around 15-20%.

Decreasing the duration length is a must. 4 Seconds of cloak/speed would be sufficient providing the fact that you will be able to chain cast with relative easy.

What about 7-8 seconds with 12 movement speed increase?

Archived