Whats wrong with Patch 1.4.8...

Skydie

Patch 1.4.8  

1. 1. Do you agree with Patch 1.4.8

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which of the following (if any) parts of the Patch 1.4.8 are negative to the game

• Increase from 350% to 500% Speed Cap
    • Creep wave spawn increase
    • Change to the talent system
    • Removal of teleporter
    • Nothing I like it!

Blurb: Pre patch during the beta for 1.4.8 I thought the creep wave respawn rate was too high, and I made a thread - http://www.aeonofsto...-waves-in-beta/

Then I played it live.

I've realised there is so much more (in my opinion) wrong with it than the Creep spawn rate (which was decreased from the initial rate I saw), the change to talents (causing squishiness), lack of mana (again strongly linked to change to talents), and being forced to sacrifice talents for a teleporter talent. Hence I made this poll.

Feel free to add constructive feedback, both for and against my position. Thanks.

EDIT: Poll removed and NOT by me.

EDIT2: Poll put back up

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, the ss nerf.

Secondly, the game is so bland now. All heros are practically the same. You have army heros. Then you have the agility hero with their wonderful (sarcastic) +500% speed cap so they can ninja the army heros when needed. Then you have the random Egon, who still somehow is the only real support hero, so of course he will be op until the introduction of other heros. Don't believe me? Look at the past several heros. Queen, span banes and ultra. Marine king, well spam marines. The new hero which seems to be a Zerg zergling zergling with other zerglings. Then you have the old ones like bio, tosh, etc. it's just a zvz. Then you have the agility heros, with some of the more mobile intl (null) and strength heros that all just carry. That is all. Oh yeah, and lonely old Egon.

Overall, I like the patch, but there are a few specific things that i think are outright silly. the 500% attack speed Cap and the change toward Zeratul. As if Boros was enough of a problem, now we have two heros that are majorly over powered. (In my opinion zeratul is now better than Boros GASP, just requires a little more skills). zeratuls only worst in early game but besides that hes much stronger than boros.

I haven't played enough games to make a full opinion about all the changes.

I'm not exactly a fan of the masses of creeps, it makes farming neutrals much less usefu except for gaining that buff from it.

I like the new talent system, the new hero and most of the buffs/nerfs that were done.

I've only played 1 game so far, but i dont really like the creep increase, it just seems to make the game too frantic for my liking.

Also the 500% weapon speed increase is a bit silly, i dont really know why that was changed, i thought the devs were trolling at first.

And as for teleporters, i think they should be brought back, but increase the price to at least 200 minerals.

Overall i think the patch has more positive than negative, its just that the negative things are quite crucial to how the game functions.

Lets see whats wrong with this patch.... Creep waves are still a bit fast for my taste, id like to see maybe a 40 second time personally,neutral buffs are gone, Crits just became even more op, 150% attack speed bonus and a 50% crit dmg bonus

Remind me again whats the point of a hero who isnt AA?

ss nerf wasn't intentionally a ss nerf - more of a ss fix. as in. ekcol gave up trying to fix flight mode and made a pseudo-flight mode. further balancing can always happen

Can you please tell hydra SS is bugged? in flying mode, you are slower than on ground more, and thats retarded, even if you use the W on flying mode you are faster walking...

ss nerf wasn't intentionally a ss nerf - more of a ss fix. as in. ekcol gave up trying to fix flight mode and made a pseudo-flight mode. further balancing can always happen

i understand why, I over reacted... It still is a bad nerf for ss.

My point was that that was just another unique mechanic now removed. Very few hero have there own one thing that makes them click now, that one thing that makes them special. Seeing the same heros do the same things is tiring. There are no supports other than Egon. There is now need for tanks since agility heros (who act as carries) seem viable. Army heros run rampant through the game. That is all I see now. Maybe the occasional null, but he is another carry. The debs need to ask why do we want this hero? What will he do different? This patch seems to just be another one to close the gap between all the hero. While it makes them slightly more balanced (I guess...) what are we losing in the process? The individuality. The different builds. The creativity.

My point was that that was just another unique mechanic now removed. Very few hero have there own one thing that makes them click now, that one thing that makes them special. Seeing the same heros do the same things is tiring. [...] What are we losing in the process? The individuality. The different builds. The creativity.

That's it! AoS for me lives from the teamplay of unique heroes. Make them all more and more equal and its not worth to play the game any more.

Here i go repeating myself again...

- I can live with the tele removal, that for me was a good choice, because it gave the game the much needed strategy aspect.

- Now with the creep wave decrease to 35s (it was 30 in beta, well when i tested), it feels like it did in beta, just a second slower, so no massive change there at all, i have been aganst the change there & will be against the change now, especially in pub games... you taken the ih team aspect & forced it onto idiots (in pubs) that barely know how to buy items... GJ!!! I don't think games or people will last long in AoS now, cause towers will fall so fast by the new userest team & make so many more RQ's, the games going to become very boaring very quickly.

- The new tallent system i see has changed a bit from beta but not by much... i'm still a huge fan of that change & it's dumbed it down alot for the folks that didn't quite understand the bigger amount of tallents in the previous ver, oh & flobing shrivel is gone!!! huge flobing thumbs up there... so all in all, good change. (still think utility needs to be made a bit better but only time will tell)

- The attack speed cap increase is just as big a mistake as the creep waves... seriously, to think that giving an even bigger advantage to AA heros than what they already had is just plain retarded. Shadow = unclickable, darpa = wtf!?, boros = not much of a change, frog = team gone, nova = jesus f christ! now with the armor tallent you can easily push your AA to 60 armor, simply retarded. Tanks have little to no use anymore & are mowed down so fast they're basically useless now, intelligence heros... hahaha, right... Seriously, no middle grownd, none what so ever.

- Item scaling, hahaha, all i can say is, if you're playing AA & you're going against a AoE hero... just get khaydaren obsorber & you'll be as good as gold! That with leech, GG... AA wins.

- Nuetral creep bonuses are gone now... thats not a big problem seeing as you don't have time to farm them anyway.

The dynamics of the game have simply gone for shap now, more in pubs than in ih but seriously, this is just another example of the god-like states the devs seem to be in, 'my word is law & flob you all for going against it'. When the community screams for the change not to happen, you bend over, pull your pants down & say suck it flobers, your words fall on deaf ears! This forum has become nothing but a troll fest with nothing anyone ever says making any difference in any way what so ever. Why you even attempt to have a community forum is beyond me. I'm not going to be pety (again) & say that i'll never play the game until certain things are changed but what i will say is that i'm not going to be playing it as much as i use to. Have fun turning the beautiful game that was Soits into the shapfest it is now... you have fun now!

Oh man Whitetrash.. I guess Ecko forgot it was your game this whole time! Ecko gets no reward for doing this. What he does get though is a lack of sleep some nights just to make changes to this game. He also gets ungrateful as.sholes such as yourself boiiing at him for every little thing that you don't think is right. Make your own flobing game if you don't like these changes. You don't like this then gtfo we don't need people like you in our community.

i really don't know where all this "your taking the inhouse opinion and forcing it on the pubs"

anyways i suggest you guys take a look at your own arguments and self defeating they tend to be.

for ex. in the changelog, right below a post stating the game has gotten faster is a post that states the game is slow pace.

other examples:

-ppl complain they are plastered to their towers so they can't gank, but then the complain that ganking and getting kills gives soo much money/exp

-ppl complain towers get pushed down too quick by swarms of creeps, but then complain the siege tank dies in "2 seconds"

seriously. get ur story. you wonder why half the time ppl just assume ur spewing out meaningless garble.

OH WHATS THAT, YOU DON"T LIKE IT WHEN PUBS GET LUMPED TOGETHER AS ONE VOICE? lul.

Oh man Whitetrash.. I guess Ecko forgot it was your game this whole time! Ecko gets no reward for doing this. What he does get though is a lack of sleep some nights just to make changes to this game. He also gets ungrateful as.sholes such as yourself boiiing at him for every little thing that you don't think is right. Make your own flobing game if you don't like these changes. You don't like this then gtfo we don't need people like you in our community.

Go look in the mirror, i think you have a piece of shnit stuck on your nose. Go look at the forums for any of the other arcade games & you'll see how the developers of said games listen to thier community & how those suggestions are implemented into their game, the game THEY developed! Without the community, there will be no AoS & vica verca.

i really don't know where all this "your taking the inhouse opinion and forcing it on the pubs"

anyways i suggest you guys take a look at your own arguments and self defeating they tend to be.

for ex. in the changelog, right below a post stating the game has gotten faster is a post that states the game is slow pace.

other examples:

-ppl complain they are plastered to their towers so they can't gank, but then the complain that ganking and getting kills gives soo much money/exp

-ppl complain towers get pushed down too quick by swarms of creeps, but then complain the siege tank dies in "2 seconds"

seriously. get ur story. you wonder why half the time ppl just assume ur spewing out meaningless garble.

OH WHATS THAT, YOU DON"T LIKE IT WHEN PUBS GET LUMPED TOGETHER AS ONE VOICE? lul.

The team aspect of this game has always been here, in pubs as well as in ih... now as i have mentioned the pubs are forced to become more team based... which is never going to happen, especially if ppl are playing just to get away from ladders. Pub games will suffer the most from this patch, you as always AoS will jump back from the leavers that have or will leave but the community in itself will suffer the loss of good players (i'm not saying i'm good, i'm just saying) because of this. I understand things must change & life goes on but to refresh (if i can call it that) your user base everytime because of a patch can never be healthy for any game. AoS has changed so much since i first joined in V4.0, it's now become a different game completely, forcing others to look at finding the same rush they use to get from the game, in other games.

What we see here are the people that have been in the community for a while, reading the forums & such & saying it's a bad move to make with the changes, what we don't see is the amount of people that don't visit the forums & have just left because of the changes & i'm sure there are a few of them out there that won't man up & voice their opinions but leave all the same.

The game doesn't feel the same as what it did before this patch & no matter how many new items or heros get introduced, you've lost the Sotis feel.

The funny thing is that people act like the entire community opposed every one of these changes (or at least the transporter and creep wave changes), but a good portion of the community (especially many of us who have been testing the beta) actually support these changes. We may not uniformly think that the implementation is perfect, but we agree with the logic behind the changes and we have seen RNG make adjustments that have moved the game toward achieving those goals. You say that RNG doesn't listen, but that isn't true. Yes, he may not pay much attention to the prepubescent rage that often fills these forums (and occasionally mumble), but he does listen to calm, reasoned arguments that demonstrate an understanding of his stated objectives (e.g. creep waves spawn every 35 seconds and have lower health and damage instead of spawning every 30 seconds with the previous health and damage, and the talent that gives you the ability to teleport has a 3 minute cooldown instead of 5 minutes). Just because you haven't taken the time to understand RNG's goals doesn't make his changes stupid.

Since I didn't do much beta testing (and BTW , that option was available to me as it was to all of you), I'm actually playing the game before making some ridiculous extreme criticism of the changes. Personally so far, here are my observations:

- Neutrals no longer give any buffs. I'm not a fan of this, but the devs have said that they're reworking the way buffs work (presumably to fix the too-many-buffs invincibility glitch). So this is temporary it sounds like.

- The creep waves spawning faster and in much greater numbers. At first, I wasn't a fan of this, because it drastically changes the "meta-game" if you will. But once you learn to adapt, it's pretty nice really.

- Weapon speed increase. I definitely dislike this change, although I've yet to be in a game that lasted long enough for someone to get fully geared and take advantage of this. Even the inhouse I played was notably faster paced and lasted only about 30 minutes.

That all being said, I have 2 questions that hopefully someone like Tukey, Aellectris or Whale could answer for me.

1) Why do you occasionally get a massive creep wave built up that has like 3 siege tanks, 12 ranged creeps, and about 20 melee creeps? I've only seen it happen a few times, but when it does, they will take a tower easily by themselves. Just wondering how this happens so I can know to make sure it doesn't happen to me.

2) Through all the QQing about the weapon speed cap increase, I've yet to hear anyone say why this change was implemented. Maybe I missed a thread somewhere, but it seems like a ton of QQing and I would just like to hear from someone rational why Ekco/Red/RNG thought this change was needed/warranted.

You occasionally get a massive creep wave due to the tug of war of the creeps. This generally won't happen if you are there to defend, before they build up like this. Basically what happens is the creeps meet and there is usually a ranged unit (hydra or stalker) on the frontline, which dies more quickly. As a result, the opposing wave is strong and pushes. This will keep happening as the creeps contiune to spawn, and the wave with more units - being stronger - will keep building up as they keep winning the wave fights.

This can also happen when a tower aids the creep wave (when the creeps meet close to the tower) allowing one wave to gain momentum.

Keep in mind that in order to have 3 tanks you need to wait 15 waves. They spawn every 35 seconds, so you need to leave the wave unattended for like 15*35 = 525 seconds or almost 9 minutes for it to build up that much.

1) Why do you occasionally get a massive creep wave built up that has like 3 siege tanks, 12 ranged creeps, and about 20 melee creeps? I've only seen it happen a few times, but when it does, they will take a tower easily by themselves. Just wondering how this happens so I can know to make sure it doesn't happen to me.

Snowballing happens when you leave a lane unattended for a long time. Also, the snowballing will generally alternate as towers go down if a lane is unattended by both teams for a long period of time (once a tower goes down, the creep will usually snowball in the other direction until the opposing tower goes down). To make sure it doesn't happen to you, just make sure you don't leave lanes unattended for an extended amount of time.

2) Through all the QQing about the weapon speed cap increase, I've yet to hear anyone say why this change was implemented. Maybe I missed a thread somewhere, but it seems like a ton of QQing and I would just like to hear from someone rational why Ekco/Red/RNG thought this change was needed/warranted.

This post might be somewhat helpful in that regard.

I like Patch in overall terms but not all.

I like the concept about new situations.

I think players can adapt to lack of transportation.

New system talents are original and cool. ( You cannot get all you want) so decisions are important.

Creep Waves: I feel in late game, his situation is ok, Increased spawn rate is good, but at stages of early game I think last patch spawn rate was better. So I'd do an increased spawn rate overtime.

Att speed cap increased improves late game AA carry where AA carries always shined.

I like Patch in overall terms but not all.

I like the concept about new situations.

I think players can adapt to lack of transportation.

New system talents are original and cool. ( You cannot get all you want) so decisions are important.

Creep Waves: I feel in late game, his situation is ok, Increased spawn rate is good, but at stages of early game I think last patch spawn rate was better. So I'd do an increased spawn rate overtime.

Att speed cap increased improves late game AA carry where AA carries always shined.

AA heroes dominated late game before as well -.-

Archived