Boros Overpowered. (v1.48)

Doom

I feel that this thread needed to exist a long time ago, but didn't because the fact that Boros was OP was a generally accepted truth, and thus needed no separate balance thread. Apparently the Devs don't agree. I expected that Boros would receive a major nerf both in his own right, and due to the eventual fixing of critical strikes. That is not the case. The only "fixing" crits got was they now do 50% base damage. With a single QR combo, Boros can easily wipe 3+ Tanks stacking HP, or an entire team of medium-low hp heroes, should they all be in range. He has a great initiation skill, that deals damn good damage. His spellstorm is beyond any argument the best non-ult (better than most ults too, actually) skill in the game. Great farming, Spell Damage Imunity, Debuff Imunity. His passive is really strong, and also rather op, considering how much damage it allows him to do. Omni is, well, probably the single best skill in the game, allowing imunity, damage that can wipe an entire team with the click of a mouse, ability to chase down the best runners, so on so forth. There is absolutely 0 counters to boros, other than attacking him one at a time, and hoping that he blows his omni on one hero. In some cases, maybe a Nova, Tosh or Zeratul can kill him, if they surprise him. That's it. I have no idea why he was not nerfed, but at any rate, after this thread, the devs won't be able to feign ignorance.

Before, I couldnt use SC2 and mumble simultaneously due to fps issues. Right now I can't play this game past the 20 minute mark. If I were to play Boros with mumble, I would demonstrate his balance by dying 10 or so times, never using an ult because id never be able to click on anyone, use ss 10 seconds after the creep wave died, and bola'ing thin air. That doesn't make Boros unop, however.

LOL mana problems? you can start with pendant if you want, or just with machette and +200 mana and +1.2 mana regen from talents, never run out of mana

Boros omni shouldn't proc leech, you can have a boros with 100 hp, he ult you and even if he doesnt kill you he will be back full hp

Taser counters him if he didn't go Attack Speed or if you can kite him. I've also been told he does not crit during his Ultimate? But yes, with the new creep waves its easier to avoid the brunt of his Ultimate... Though if he goes crit build with a FoE and Nitrogen Retrofit, he will easily pommel any hero to death without even needing his spells.

His SpellStorm is ridiculous:

High DPS, Debuff Immunity, AND Spell Immunity. For 6 seconds. On an... 18 second cooldown?

I feel that the CONCEPT of SpellStorm is at fault here.

I feel that it shouldn't do one of the things that it does.

And his Bola does ridiculous damage; Maybe that could be nerfed to 50/80/110/140 [+50% INT] DPS..?

His Double Strike is okay, I guess.

His Omnislash is a very powerful skill as Bola allows him to single you out; but it should be countered by teamfights-- yet it isn't for some reason; Boros has a tendency to attack the original target...

Before, I couldnt use SC2 and mumble simultaneously due to fps issues. Right now I can't play this game past the 20 minute mark. If I were to play Boros with mumble, I would demonstrate his balance by dying 10 or so times, never using an ult because id never be able to click on anyone, use ss 10 seconds after the creep wave died, and bola'ing thin air. That doesn't make Boros unop, however.

Yah cause for the billionth time the game has been changed to have a billion creeps on the screen as if that is not going to cause FPS issues for a lot of people. At this point these performance issues are like a broken record.

Adding creep does very little to framerate.

Secondly, taser does not get removed by SS.

And seriously.. can this thread just be auto locked? Boros is balanced. Cerebro is a bit strong on him, but this "boros OP" is strictly from pub play. These Boros threads make me wanna hit my head against a wall in all honesty due to all the bullshap that is spewed in it.

LOL mana problems? you can start with pendant if you want, or just with machette and +200 mana and +1.2 mana regen from talents, never run out of mana

Boros omni shouldn't proc leech, you can have a boros with 100 hp, he ult you and even if he doesnt kill you he will be back full hp

Even worse is when he gets a- god forbid- space battery. More weapon damage AND energy regen. And he still has enough for 2 health pots! >.<

nerf burning blade or at least fix it

Currently you cannot remove the burning blade debuff (say, with generator). Currently Burning Blade appears to deal true damage (completely ignores spell resist, despite being Spell Damage, for example it will deal full damage through a Protect (won't be debuffed, won't be mitigated) in 1.47 or full damage through the new 50% resist talent activation (won't take mitigation).

I don't think he should be able to stack so much critical chance, double strike and maybe burning blade stack duration should be nerfed, it's very common to see boros players get cerebro and even sunflare, which gives them over 200 intel late game as in 100 dmg per burning blade stack, and this is true damage as sogeking says

Adding creep does very little to framerate.

Secondly, taser does not get removed by SS.

And seriously.. can this thread just be auto locked? Boros is balanced. Cerebro is a bit strong on him, but this "boros OP" is strictly from pub play. These Boros threads make me wanna hit my head against a wall in all honesty due to all the bullshap that is spewed in it.

The fact that you balance heroes for IH purposes only makes it seem like you don't care about the people who don't care to be that competitive. If there is a game for SC2, you should be balancing it even at all levels, the top should not have it better, because then it makes it harder to get to the top, if you nerf boros, and he becomes useless IH JUST DONT PLAY HIM. The fact that a boros can omni once and take out an entire team is just plain stupid. The buff to EM doesn't help at all against him, because if he stacks MS and Crits, there is no escaping, since he can just run along up next to you, or just slash at your ankles as you are running. I think a way to easily nerf him would be to remove debuff immunity on SS, and decrease the amount of spell resist, to say maybe 50% or possibly 60%.

Back to the taser, yes it will silence him in SS but only if timed perfectly, the debuff immunity has to kick in and it can block the taser, works the same way with raynor's silence. But, just having to get a taser won't stop him, you have to get a variety of items, taser, EM, Shrapnel, Which brings me back to the point of SS, if he has that up, EM and Shrapnel are USELESS, since he just laughs at the debuffs and continues owning you.

Threads like this shouldn't be auto-locked, that is tyrannical and unneeded because feedback is supposed to be welcomed, this is feedback, just not quite positive.

Bottom line: There needs to be a fix to criticals and/or boros.

Boros should be auto silenced when using spell storm

I thought he was at one point, he was underpowered then, maybe we should go back to these times, ya know what, just nerf everyone except the unused heroes (garamond, jakk, cow, brine, and MAYBE tosh)

I thought he was at one point, he was underpowered then, maybe we should go back to these times, ya know what, just nerf everyone except the unused heroes (garamond, jakk, cow, brine, and MAYBE tosh)

Tosh is imba and used ALOT now, maybe the only reason hes underused nowadays is because hes BANNED by some hosts. Cow used to be OP but nerfed alot, Garamound used alot on NA I heard, Jakk is alright but not brilliant at what he does (the new patch benefits him in terms of the creep change but hes squishy and AAs own him too fast late game). Brine is slowly being used due to being buffed (and the usage of a member of my team in the Aos Tourney to highlight his potential).

His SpellStorm is ridiculous:

High DPS, Debuff Immunity, AND Spell Immunity. For 6 seconds. On an... 18 second cooldown?

I feel that the CONCEPT of SpellStorm is at fault here.

I feel that it shouldn't do one of the things that it does.

And his Bola does ridiculous damage; Maybe that could be nerfed to 50/80/110/140 [+50% INT] DPS..?

His Double Strike is okay, I guess.

His Omnislash is a very powerful skill as Bola allows him to single you out; but it should be countered by teamfights-- yet it isn't for some reason; Boros has a tendency to attack the original target...

yes spell storm is def the issue here, other heroes have huge damage but none have an ability that is so good in all situations- you can never wear boros down before he uses ulti, he always has spell storm on.

Agree 100% that SS is the biggest problem with boros (outside of his ULT)

Its hyperspammable and more powerful than most heros ULTs

Remove Debuff Immunity and it would be far more balanced

Then you could at least stun/debuff/LB him while hes charging you

(yes silence works on him, but its kind of lame that you have to buy a taser to have any counters to his ULT)

Also make him able to take damage during his ULT cause that is BS, towers wont even attack him till he finishes

Change those things and people won't cry OP nearly as often

Hes only OP bc it feels like there is no way to stop him from killing you some games

(like when he perma SS's or ULTs back to full health from near death)

(or he shinobi style ULTs you, and you die before you even get a chance to attack back)

You know the same reasons ppl hate shadow, but at least he can be stopped with shrapnel cloak

On a brighter note thanks to the patch theres always a creep wave to stand in now :P

And with the new attack speed cap, most ranged heros can pick him off before he gets close (COUGH DARPA)

So very soon Darpa/Nova will be the new boro ;)

(as in char that kills you before you even have time to respond)

But they still wont be as broken because unlike a boro ULT you can stop a Darpa/Nova from attacking, and you can attack back