An Argument for keeping TP in the game

JustZerO

Before coming to my point, i want you to know why TPs were removed: Ecko said that they were a too important mechanic in the game, and would cause beginners to suffer a big disadvantage if they don't know how to use them.

The new system only allows you to teleport back to base whenever you want. If you want to be able to teleport back to lane as well, you need to take the teleport talent as active talent. atm, all players i know played with the healing talent and told me it is the best. but i took a closer look at it, and it is far less viable than vitalize was before.

I for myself will now always use the teleport talent, for following reasons:

- no healing in lane with heal talent (ok, i can just teleport back to base and back to lane again for full heal)

- no heal in fights

but:

+ no XP-loss when returning to base: you are instantly back again, and with the current creep mechanic, you lose a huge amount of XP if you have to walk all the way back to your lane. (especially if you die during laning, if you need that long to come back to lane, including the respawn time, you are extremely far back, like i was in 1 game by 1.5 levels)

+ being in lane for longer also means: more money from more creeping!

+ incredible mobility around the whole map: almost like with the old TPs, but one difference: it costs nothing!

+ ganking like crazy

+ well if i die 1 more time in a game because of not having the heal talent (which does not heal that much), i think the advantage of having no XP loss and being so mobile (you can always help weaker lanes) is way bigger

Now i think the new teleport talent is the best active talent you can have, BUT, it is an even harder to understand mechanic for new players. nobody of the new players will have this talent, and therefor he will suffer a huger disadvantage than they would suffer from the current TPs.

Especially with the fact that newer players will die much easier in the lane, and then they will fall behind so hard that pros can just rape them when they have mobility talent.

This is why i think the new mechanic has not fulfilled the purpose it was designed for.

ZerO

I totally agree with you

I dont like the new mechanism in beta. New talent tree is really cool, I like it.

But, removing Teleport is just stupid, and extra speed of creep wave is bad as well.

If you compare with beta and pub version, I'd prefer pub.

I like the new balances for some heroes, make the game more playable, but no TP and faster speed of creep wave just ruin everything.

This remind me earlier this year that the map editor made a complete new sotis, river is gone, map is grey.. the consequence was terrible and catastrophic. We lost half sotis players after that patch, and it was the turning point that many sotis players went to play dota..

I don't want this happen again in aos.

I totally agree with you

I dont like the new mechanism in beta. New talent tree is really cool, I like it.

But, removing Teleport is just stupid, and extra speed of creep wave is bad as well.

If you compare with beta and pub version, I'd prefer pub.

I like the new balances for some heroes, make the game more playable, but no TP and faster speed of creep wave just ruin everything.

This remind me earlier this year that the map editor made a complete new sotis, river is gone, map is grey.. the consequence was terrible and catastrophic. We lost half sotis players after that patch, and it was the turning point that many sotis players went to play dota..

I don't want this happen again in aos.

yep i remember this as well.

i still don't understand why we have to redesign the game every couple of months. The balance tweaks made in the beta are very good as far as i saw them. now we also got a new hero with zergling, and new talent system. isn't this enough for a great patch? do we really need to remove teleporters for no good reason (as i stated above).

If the TPs remain in the game, i am sure most of the community will be happy about the upcoming patch. of course, there is still some work to do about the creep waves, but that's ok. Just do not try to reinvent the whole game every time!

The results of the changes to creep spawn and tps:

the change to creep speed has made laning MUCH more strategic. ganking from one lane to another is bit harder, but now a jungle is almost mandatory for a team comp that is trying to win - and the jungle can handle the ganking - all good things

warding has become more important- a good thing.

denying is worth more - another good thing

the only issue is tps to defend towers/secure objectives/gank, which is still being looked at and considered.

I can accept and even approve of this patch.

i think u should talk to red in mumble , i dont think that brax or ecko read this....

yes you are right, but i won't do it. i won't run behind them to let them know what i think is a bad change to the game. they develop the game, not me. I for myself will keep on playing, but i am pretty excited about how all the pub players will get raped. hope there will be another patch soon.

Ecko said that they were a too important mechanic in the game, and would cause beginners to suffer a big disadvantage if they don't know how to them.

Seriously, if the balance tweaks in heroes and items are done by red spectating beta INHOUSE why devs still care about beginners?

Who care about beginners? I mean the have to learn, not make the game even more easy. In the old versions you removed the money loose on death because n00bs ragequit, you removed ingame stats because n00bs ragequit (minor issue), first you make talents to make the laning phase easier, then you buff then retardly in the 6v, now you change them because they are easier now, you remove tps because n00bs dont know how to use them. flob new users and make this game thinking on mumble community, you devs are soooooooooo lucky that this ppl still play your game, and you dont care xD

EDIT: but bah, as African said to me, if you don't like this game leave it. My answer is NO, we must fight if we want something, and we deserve some attention!

Edited by residente