Fix wards

akanna

Brought this up awhile back but I have 3 suggestions with wards/detection

1) FIX/IMPROVEMENT: please make it so that you can stack up to 5 wards, and they stack properly (IE you don't need an open slot to make the stacking work). It is a real pain to buy and set them 1 at a time when you have 5 items, and being limited to 2 per stack does not make it easy to set them up around the map for gank prevention

2) ITEM SUGGESTION: It would be really helpful to have a version of wards that costs more but offers cloaking detection

Early game its super expensive to keep procing truesight, and there is no current way in game to detect in a particular area, it is always tied to the line of sight of a particular hero, which is extremely limited and not always helpful in team fights or in preventing ganks

3) FIX/IMPROVEMENT: It would be really nice if you could pick where boundary scanner scans, as is it is centered on you as a person and really isnt any different than a limited truesight

I noticed that detection is always tied to 1 hero, and there is no way to strategically detect or prevent ganks from cloaked characters in game at the moment because there is no way to detect in a particular location (outside of rancor scan, and of course the scan talent that will soon be removed from the game). As such cloaked heros have the run of the map, and the people that have truesight are almost always priority targets in a teamfight so that the rest of the team is left wide open to any cloaked units. I think with the coming beta that a rework to wards in in order, as map awareness is always a big deal.

(granted with the new creep mechanics it may not matter as much since people will be stuck in lanes :P)

Brought this up awhile back but I have 3 suggestions with wards/detection

1) FIX/IMPROVEMENT: please make it so that you can stack up to 5 wards, and they stack properly (IE you don't need an open slot to make the stacking work). It is a real pain to buy and set them 1 at a time when you have 5 items, and being limited to 2 per stack does not make it easy to set them up around the map for gank prevention

2) ITEM SUGGESTION: It would be really helpful to have a version of wards that costs more but offers cloaking detection

Early game its super expensive to keep procing truesight, and there is no current way in game to detect in a particular area, it is always tied to the line of sight of a particular hero, which is extremely limited and not always helpful in team fights or in preventing ganks

3) FIX/IMPROVEMENT: It would be really nice if you could pick where boundary scanner scans, as is it is centered on you as a person and really isnt any different than a limited truesight

I noticed that detection is always tied to 1 hero, and there is no way to strategically detect or prevent ganks from cloaked characters in game at the moment because there is no way to detect in a particular location (outside of rancor scan, and of course the scan talent that will soon be removed from the game). As such cloaked heros have the run of the map, and the people that have truesight are almost always priority targets in a teamfight so that the rest of the team is left wide open to any cloaked units. I think with the coming beta that a rework to wards in in order, as map awareness is always a big deal.

(granted with the new creep mechanics it may not matter as much since people will be stuck in lanes :P)

1- yes

2- i wouldn't hurt but boundary scanners do the job pretty well

3- thats the point ;P

4- not as much as u think... after much talking we have got the creeps spawning such that early game if u want to gank u can push ur wave really hard and run ur little butt to another lane and gank. but it is a risk as when u get back u will usually be pushed against your tower so u need to make the ganks count. last night we had 2-3 beta-ih where mid was able to gank quit a bit and outer lanes where able to gank mid. plus having a jungler will be very helpful to a team now so that u can get the initial gank to get ahead so that u can go gank later.

-just another note wards last 10 min in this game which is much longer than the 3 min lol ward (this is good dont change pls) so the wards themselves are much stronger than in other mobas

Archived