What are you think about Brine?

inaruan

I think that he is quite plane hero.

Q passive, W almost passive.

E is pretty funny skill, but extending radius by 0.5 or 1 would be nice.

R is not interesting. It's like cyprus R, but u need to get close to make damage and it deal less dmg than cyprus one.

Brine skills depends on int hard, so you should build as INT at beginning, but lacking of DPS.

From above statement I found Brine hard to farm, cose he is slow at it. No AOE, 1 direct DMG skill, which makes damage while u move creep (and you should not attack, cose your skill will not do dmg). I tried to farm hard and finished game with less than any other heroes creep kills.

So I found Brine as badly designed hero and, I think, he should be totally redesigned.

What's your thoughts?

I found Brine to be fairly difficult with last hitting creeps for creep kills. I often depended on the Q acid attack to get the remaining creep kills but I found myself always lacking minerals.

I don't find his skills very satisfying however and like inaruan said, it is quite passive. I felt he's a mix between tank, puller, caster, and dps which is odd.

His design is fine. His skills synergize as such: Use R to get in close to an enemy>Attack target>Activate W>Press E and drag target towards allies>Use Heroic Active to slow hero when E ends>Profit.

R let's him get close to enemies without them realising it, and gives him good initiation damage. Q helps him survive after popping up in the middle of an enemy team and kidnapping an important target. W would make him move faster and let him shrug off some damage. So his design is actually pretty ok.

Banzai, Do you know the item 'Truesight Elixir'? It costs 600 minerals and detects any cloaked or burrowed hero and you can then kill them in a blink of an eye.

While yes he cannot handle heroes single-handedly, his team contribution is wonderful. You can close the gap between teams with Impale, or scout with R. Also, you can kill off runners with W and Q.

When i played him, i felt as if he was just a pure tank. The lack of money is quite a problem because he has no AoE and it becomes nearly impossible to last hit creeps.

At times it feels like he has some similiarity to mandrake, just the pure tankiness and pull. I think that pull needs to do more, like last longer or something, because it is too hard to target them at the range you can and then pull them away quick enough.

Oh, and one more thing, he has very little mana but uses quite a bit. When i was him, i laned with egon and that helped a lot, otherwise he would just be there to spit on the enemies who get too close to the creeps (which isn't good range)

The problem with increasing the E duration is that it's already the longest reliable stun in SotIS and you can pull people even farther with Impact Dial and Warp Shard. His farming capability is bad outside of the passive, but he's pretty much a support and has plenty of natural tankability, the only problem is his lack of energy.

He's boring to play. If you play a boring hero simply because it helps the team then you SUCK and I hate your guts.

totally agry. if I take "haelping" hero, most times game finishing as a failtire.

Any hero must "тащить" in right hands. Can't translate it to English

I think it's quiet funny how ppl want to lecture banzai on how to play AoS (sotis), he's been on the forums sinse like forever! :P

Anyways, i'm glad to get a hero released like this... most balanced release to date tbh.

Now back to the topic, I feel yes, he's not very good at farming early stages of the game but can be a strong laner if you're not aiming for the creep but the heros instead. He's somewhat difficult to counter because once he has you in his grip (E), all you can do is... well, nothing. His tankiness makes him a very viable option for any team engagement... I've played with a few builds so far & haven't really put my finger on a build set that i like just yet but i have found that heated mantle & sunflare are very viable items for him... The help with his tankiness & sustainability, not even counting the extra dps he recieves from the sunflare. I feel changing anything on him would break this hero to the point where he's either OP or UP.

My win items (even though i've only played pubs) so far :

:VoidSteppers::SunflareGun::SuperheatedMantle::ForceofEntropy::NitrogenRetrofit::ElectricMantle: or :MossbergTaser: or :ArgusCrystal:

I have to just say that his E tooltip doesn't give a mana cost & if used on a hero & he gets vortex'd by a shadow, the hook(?) stays stuck on the last known location of the target till you use it again, so it could give away your position if not used again. Other than that i think it's a good concept for a hero!

But with the farming phase of early and midgame he doesn't have much farming mechanic or AOE to put him in a good spot to get items. Perhaps a mantle may help but it only does so much.

Gank early since that is usually the only point in the game where Brine really shines. Rush an Explosive Retrofit. Farm with it. Play catch-up with everyone else.

I can tell you the design philosophy behind Brine was a hero that was meant to start a new generation of AoS heroes. So far in the game we see a collection of self sustaining heroes, the kinds that allow you to go into a pub and play and win. There was a call for something different, support heroes who may not stand well on thier own, those without farming ability or AoE spells, who aid thier team so well that they may infact make up for the lack of other desirable traits because of what they can provide to the game. It is with this hope that support heroes can become viable in AoS by forcing teams to work together. Too much of the current metagame involves 5 characters who may or may not have synergy focusing down a hero, with each one having a CC or AoE or pluck to make up for it. Brine shines through as a promise that the way we can play AoS IS evolving, and CAN match the production values of more resource backed MOBAs like League of Legends or DOTA2. To this I say 'Welcome' to Fine.Brine, and his fine kind. May you too make up your mind if this Hero is worthless or sublime. Only in time will we see him sign online to be feared as prime, to watch him shine.

I can tell you the design philosophy behind Brine was a hero that was meant to start a new generation of AoS heroes. So far in the game we see a collection of self sustaining heroes, the kinds that allow you to go into a pub and play and win. There was a call for something different, support heroes who may not stand well on thier own, those without farming ability or AoE spells, who aid thier team so well that they may infact make up for the lack of other desirable traits because of what they can provide to the game. It is with this hope that support heroes can become viable in AoS by forcing teams to work together. Too much of the current metagame involves 5 characters who may or may not have synergy focusing down a hero, with each one having a CC or AoE or pluck to make up for it. Brine shines through as a promise that the way we can play AoS IS evolving, and CAN match the production values of more resource backed MOBAs like League of Legends or DOTA2. To this I say 'Welcome' to Fine.Brine, and his fine kind. May you too make up your mind if this Hero is worthless or sublime. Only in time will we see him sign online to be feared as prime, to watch him shine.

So what's next?

Doctor.Sues?

But with the farming phase of early and midgame he doesn't have much farming mechanic or AOE to put him in a good spot to get items. Perhaps a mantle may help but it only does so much.

This should be obvious. It is also good cause you tend to burn players as they are being impaled for an extra 120 damage or so. I have two builds on him, one with mantle and the other without. The one with mantle you want a force of entropy on him since force of entropy with a solid attack rate is a good farming tool with the lightning strike.

Tank build:

Superheated Mantle, Star Treks, Organic Carapace, Carapace, Nitrogen Refit, Barbed Plating, Parallax Generator

Assassin Build:

Star Treks, Pyre, Force of Entropy, Coat of Arms, Electric Mantle, Electric Mantle

Archived