dota strategy?

sTeveN

in dota for Anti-Mage or phantom assassin it's always good to farm throughout the game and pwn enemies after 40-50min. people tend to aim for a early battlefury or radiance for better farming. is it still good in AoS? like get an early explosive or SHM for shad to farm? yesterday i tried this build: duran, explosive, phantom menace, leechin saber, then shad's main items. i also tend to add bonus stats for shad early for more output. any ideas?

Farm is good, but farming the whole game is bad, contributing in teamfights is more important, if your team is 4v5 unless they have some kind of advantage they will loose every teamfight anf the enemy team will gank you. A competent carry imo can farm and contribute in teamfights without problems, or at least push a tower if the rest are fighting.

If you farm 40 like an anti mage or phantom assasin or lancer your team should be very very lost, here you have money items, cheaper otems with better stats and if you die you dont loose money, here you also have talents who help a lot in the lanin phase

no. dota carries need the farm before they cant do much. aos carries don't need it as bad, and like in shadow's case, he can use shade for aoe to farm. thats not to say explosive is a bad pick: its great in a team fight if you have heroes that clump them together (jackson, vorpal). Also its great if you feel you need to push lanes really fast. finally its good if they have lots of summons (bio, unix, mk)

Carries of dota and AoS are not comparable. In AoS every hero needs farm to be useful unlike in dota where supports are good through all the game with their cc but carries starts bad and then become absolute monsters late game. Hero roles are fulfilled much more clearly in dota where AoS heroes almost every hero seems to be some kinds of mixture of everything, and every hero can carry. I think best you can go for farming in AoS is leech. And omnigear what are you saying you never farm as PA or AM? Either this is some kind of chinese dota I have never heard of or then you are just playing very bad.