Code of conduct/ Rules of manners.

Aesir

I would like Ekco/Hydra/admin/mod to pick someone to write up and official mumble user code of conduct and rules for manners ingame and on mumble. Just so we have an official set of rules for all people to follow to cut down on the attitude from all sides thats common right now. Hydra did not seem to want to do it so I will put it forth for the others to do.

I agree I think a clear defined set of rules and regulations in regards to personal attacks, rage, ect should be defined.

Just as on any internet community and real life it's pretty easy to see what should and shouldn't be said.

I'll start with some items I'd like to see addressed for IH's

-Rage quitting

-Raging at other players (i'm guilty of this everyday)

-Personal attacks

-Threats

-BMing (pool plucks and what not)

-Throwing a IH by not helping team

-Not playing to best of ability on purpose to be a troll.

In the last game that we had were we disagreed I felt that #1 you weren't trying your hardest but more importantly, you personally attacked me and cursed profanity at me and that upset me. I admit I like to try to boss the team around and really I need to stop but I do this to try to have cohesiveness to win.

In the end I maybe wrong for bossing the team, and general rage. However, I feel this is a lesser offence than personal attacks especially since there is the ability to mute any individual you don't want to hear at any time in mumble.

Red was trying to resolve to the best of his ability without banning and I respect a person who does not abuse powers. At the end of the day you will get the same respect that you show.

Thanks,

Masterlaw.

I'll be the first to admit; not only do I talk major smack but I rage curse at other players all day. I wouldn't really even call it name calling but part of the normal speaking lingo of the game. At least; that's what I assume it is when I rage and they rage back at me. :) Makes me smile thinking about it!

Some of the rules though are ridiculous... Such as banning for walls of text.

It's valid. By walls of texts, we mean something like Owl's mini-guide posts minus all the spacings. You get the idea, it's really unsightly. I'd only consider it a wall of text if it were a hero suggestion length post.

In my opinion raging at team mates is fine along as you let it go after you have told them what stupid thing they have done. Also if you are providing constructive help such as shouting at a team mate who isn't helping in team fights or is constantly out of position or is not initiating properly. But as soon as you make it personal that shouldn't be allowed

It's valid. By walls of texts, we mean something like Owl's mini-guide posts minus all the spacings. You get the idea, it's really unsightly. I'd only consider it a wall of text if it were a hero suggestion length post.

Lol. You mean all of his posts?

Just have them edit their post. Have them put a few spaces between paragraphs. It's nothing to get a warning or banned for.

Just have them edit their post. Have them put a few spaces between paragraphs. It's nothing to get a warning or banned for.

By that logic, I should simply nicely ask people who make multiposts, necroposts, troll posts, spam posts and flame posts to simply edit their post instead of warning them.

It's the same thing. You can't just simply edit the violation away and pretend it never happened.

By that logic, I should simply nicely ask people who make multiposts, necroposts, troll posts, spam posts and flame posts to simply edit their post instead of warning them.

It's the same thing. You can't just simply edit the violation away and pretend it never happened.

Those are completely different things. Warning someone for providing their honest opinion, but not having enough spaces for some peoples liking is not a valid reason to get them banned. If someone trolls the forums repeatedly or flames people repeatedly then yes they should be banned because they aren't using the forums the way they are supposed to be used. But not having enough spaces in a post is not ban/warning worthy.

Archived