[Hero] Cache.Distributor

CTI

Changelog:

10/19/12 - Hero suggestion created

10/20/12 - Changed Heroic Passive from "Damage that would have otherwise killed Cache leaves him with 1 hp. 5 second cooldown."

- Heal/Damage of E ability from 100/200/300/400 [+20%INT] to 80/120/160/200 [+50% INT]

- Added heroic passive effect to ultimate

11/10/12 - Decreased cooldown of E ability to 12s

12/14/12 -Changed Heroic Passive from "Whenever Cache is reduced below 15% health, he recover 13 [+14*Lvl] Health. 10 second cooldown."

-Q and E abilities now do physical damage instead of spell and true damage, respectively.

-Q ability no longer slows (by 20%)

Name: Cache.Distributor

Portrait: Preserver

Unit Base: Preserver

Role: Support

Main Stat: Intelligence

Starting Stats:

Strength: 19 (+6)

Agility: 16 (+4)

Intelligence 25 (+8)

Health – 290

Movement Speed – 2.90

Attack Range – 5

Attack Speed – 1.7

Damage – 35

Armor – 0

Energy – 110

Skills

Heroic Passive: Testudinidae

Physical damage dealt by abilities or while under the effect of an ability reduces the target's armor by 1, transferring the armor as well as the damage dealt as health to the hero. Armor transfer lasts until 5 seconds after the enemy last took physical damage from the hero, or until after the ultimate has expired if it was used.

--

Deprecate (Q)

Cost: 110/120/130/140

Cooldown: 14/11/8/5

Range: 7

Duration: *

Cache places a debuff on the target enemy, causing the enemy to take damage per second until 3 seconds after their last attack, at which point they will be stunned. Effect stacks.

Level 1: Deals 10 [+10%INT] physical damage per second. Stuns for 1.25 seconds.

Level 2: Deals 15 [+10%INT] physical damage per second. Stuns for 1.25 seconds.

Level 3: Deals 20 [+10%INT] physical damage per second. Stuns for 1.25 seconds.

Level 4: Deals 25 [+10%INT] physical damage per second. Stuns for 1.25 seconds.

--

One for All (W)

Cost: 135/125/115/105

Cooldown: 60/45/30/15

Range: 5/7/9/11

Duration: 8

Target ally has a buff applied to them that splits damage done to them from sources evenly percentage-wise. (If one unit is attacking the buffed ally, it does 100% of its damage to the ally. If two units are attacking the buffed ally, the ally takes 50% damage from each enemy; three: 33%, etc.)

--

All for One (E)

Cost: 100/120/140/160

Cooldown: 12

Range: 5/6/7/8

Duration: N/A

Instantly heals an allied unit and deals the same amount as physical damage split evenly among nearby enemies in a 2 unit radius.

Level 1: Heals 80 [+50% INT] health and deals the same damage

Level 2: Heals 120 [+50% INT] health and deals the same damage

Level 3: Heals 160 [+50% INT] health and deals the same damage

Level 4: Heals 200 [+50% INT] health and deals the same damage

--

Weakest Link ®

Cost: 135/175/215

Cooldown: 60

Range: 20

Duration: 10/15/20

Allied units in the target area (radius of 6) have their armor set to that of the unit with the highest armor in the area. Enemy units in the target area have their armor set to that of the unit with the lowest armor in the area. If an allied unit is under the effect of both this ability and the W ability, it causes all enemy creeps in a radius of 10 to attack it.

--

Hero/Abilities Explanation:

This hero is meant to be a support hero that excels at engaging with one other ally, whom he uses his defensive abilities on.

The heroic passive solidifies this hero in terms of its role and other abilities. This hero is not meant to do burst damage, but instead do damage over time, wear the enemy down, and eventually kill it. It allows the hero to reduce the enemy's armor over time and gain health back. Physical damage from auto-attacks is only affected by the heroic passive when the hero is under the effect of the W ability or the ultimate. This basically gives any ally very high life steal for the duration of the ability, depending on the armor of the enemy.

The Q ability can cripple an enemy who engages in combat for long periods of time, dealing a large amount of damage over time. If the enemy attempts to escape, it is stunned after three seconds, so it has to choose between continuing to fight and taking damage over time, or attempting to escape but getting stunned. If the engagement is lengthy, multiple stacks of this ability can be applied, causing the enemy to take heavy damage over time, and suffer from long stun after they have stopped attacking. This can also be used to harass in lane to deter enemies from attacking the creeps, as they will take more damage as a result. In team-fights it can be used continuously on the same enemy hero or could be spread out among all of them.

The W ability makes it so that the sum of all damage received by the target ally is equal to 100%, where each enemy that is attacking it does an equal share of that percentage in damage. Ideally this would work by causing each source of damage on the ally apply a stack that reduces damage of the next unique source of damage, and lasts a certain duration, which is refreshed if damage from the same source is applied. The first stack would reduce damage by 50%. The second 67%. The third 75% and so on. This may seem very strong (and may actually be), but keep in mind it does absolutely nothing if only being attacked by 1 unit. This ability discourages enemies from focusing down the hero this ability is affecting, as well as increases it's survivability to aoe damage abilities. Since less enemy heroes will most likely be attacking the affected hero, the next ability could be even more effective.

The E ability allows the hero to sustain itself or the target ally by burst healing it periodically, while also dealing damage to nearby enemies. The damage is split among nearby enemies, which is not typical for an aoe damage ability, which means it does not lose worth when only being used against one enemy, and can do even more damage as a result. It can also be more efficient than a single target only damage ability as sometimes the damage done to a single target is greater than it's remaining health, so some of the damage is wasted.

The R ability allows the hero to buff allies and debuff enemies in terms of armor, which can be the difference between winning and losing a teamfight. To best take advantage of this ability, the ability could be used when a creep wave is in the area, and/or one allied hero should have very low armor and another should have very high armor. This ability also makes it so that the W ability can be very effective at reducing damage on the target allied hero, as causing creeps to attack the ally will apply stacks of the damage resist.

Ideally this hero will be be with one or more allied heroes that are considered carries who he can keep alive with W, E, and R, and damage/slow over time the enemy with Q (the longer the engagement, the more damage over time, slow, and stun).

Since he has very strong support capabilities, he may be targeted to be bursted down by enemies first, which is where his passive ability becomes very useful.

--

As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

I feel that the Heroic Passive would be better and easier to implement if it was:

"Whenever Cache is reduced below 15% Health, he recovers 13 [+14 * Lvl] Health. 10 second cooldown."

It'd have a similar effect but ALSO function against weak DoTs and such. And, of course, 250 Health and maximum level is squat-- but early-game the Health is a wonderful boon as Cache will have much more sustain in lane and can afford to take quite a beating.

Though it may make him a bit OP of a Jungler, his abilities don't look designed for that...

His E has too good level-scaling and too poor INT-scaling. Suggestion: 80/120/160/200 [+50% INT].

Yeah, I really like the Hero but his Heroic Passive is extra weak, his W looks extraordinarily tedious to be made, and his E has a number problem.

Thanks for the feedback. I really liked your suggestions so I went ahead and implemented them. The hero is supposed to win the sustain/"over time" game so I think the new heroic passive is very effective at that. The reason I had the numbers so high (probably too high) on the E ability is because it only does a maximum of that damage even if there are multiple enemies in the area. If there are two enemies, it does half damage to each. But I see how the numbers were to high and the int scaling was too low, so I changed them to your suggestion.

What do you think about making it so that the heroic passive gets applied to allies under the effect of the ultimate? Or would that not be a good idea? Also do you think W + R should make enemy heroes be forced to attack the affected unit in addition to just creeps?

Oh, yes, the Ulti should definitely give your allies your Heroic Passive's power. Otherwise it's far too weak.

Forcing enemy heroes to attack is a bad idea especially for that long a time. I would recommend against it.

Suggestion: Make the Ultimate apply a buff to allies that has no duration: Whenever they are reduced to below 15% of their health, they recover based on the Heroic Passive [13 + 14*Lvl].

And then only Cache himself would be able to gain the buff back, but that's okay.

Also, mini-lifetech Heroic Passive is awesome. =D

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, can't see it. Unless armor reduction is supposed to be some kind of Dazzle exclusive ability.

Q: slow then stun

E: healing shot that dmg nearby enemies

R: aoe ult that support allies armor and weak enemy armor

And W is like some kind of protect skill, but dazzle just make u immortal and like dazzle's w, huge cd lvl 1 and loooow cd lvl 4 and like some dota skills (never in aos) less mana cost per level

Q: slow then stun

E: healing shot that dmg nearby enemies

R: aoe ult that support allies armor and weak enemy armor

And W is like some kind of protect skill, but dazzle just make u immortal and like dazzle's w, huge cd lvl 1 and loooow cd lvl 4 and like some dota skills (never in aos) less mana cost per level

1) That's silly considering that slows and stuns are two of the most commonly used afflictions across all MOBAs. Mechanics are also different.

2) Nope, it's more similiar to Omni's Purify.

3) Completely different mechanics besides the fact tat both skills deal with armor and affect both enemies and allies.

You might as well start claiming that Sven and Shadow are similiar because both have an aoe disable, self-buffing ultimates and cleaves.

1) That's silly considering that slows and stuns are two of the most commonly used afflictions across all MOBAs. Mechanics are also different.

2) Nope, it's more similiar to Omni's Purify.

3) Completely different mechanics besides the fact tat both skills deal with armor and affect both enemies and allies.

You might as well start claiming that Sven and Shadow are similiar because both have an aoe disable, self-buffing ultimates and cleaves.

1) dazzle is the only hero that has a slow who finish on stun. Other heros like sven, vs, ck, sk, lina, orge magi have direct stuns

2) omniknight purify is much stronger while this skill has very similar healing stats

3).diff skills but both are bassed on armor support and weak

The last part of the post is so funny that i cant comment. Well i can. How you can compare sven with shadow? Shadow's power come from stepping strikes and sven from his mad ultimate and his horrible aoe stun

1) dazzle is the only hero that has a slow who finish on stun. Other heros like sven, vs, ck, sk, lina, orge magi have direct stuns

2) omniknight purify is much stronger while this skill has very similar healing stats

3).diff skills but both are bassed on armor support and weak

The last part of the post is so funny that i cant comment. Well i can. How you can compare sven with shadow? Shadow's power come from stepping strikes and sven from his mad ultimate and his horrible aoe stun

Sorry I didn't see your comments until now. My inspirations for this hero were actually the two heroes you both mentioned (so you were both right) (I'm not a very creative person). I'm a little surprised that you figured them out (I was thinking about just saying them in the main post but I thought I would leave it up to people to recognize). And if you think it is bad, residente, how can I improve it? If you don't think it can be improved and is bad overall then that's ok too.

Sorry I didn't see your comments until now. My inspirations for this hero were actually the two heroes you both mentioned (so you were both right) (I'm not a very creative person). I'm a little surprised that you figured them out (I was thinking about just saying them in the main post but I thought I would leave it up to people to recognize). And if you think it is bad, residente, how can I improve it? If you don't think it can be improved and is bad overall then that's ok too.

Well, you could make some kind of mix with your own imagination. I dont think you are low creative, at least you thought in a nice dota hero. And ofc I knew your hero was based on Dazzle but banzai doesnt like me :P

Well, for AoS the healing shot could be very good, abd his ultimate specially for teamfights. You could, for example add a Spell Reist passive like Rubick's E. And instead of his Q, you could make a little dmg skill, with very low cd and dmg, but that skill could reduce enemy spell resist, stackin. You could support healing, buffing armor, buffing spell resist and weakig enemy defenses.

Remember its just an example, but i thinl we need more support heros, with ideas like Dazzle, Disruptor or Lich, all amazing concepts.

And my apologize if you felt offended