EVE online

RaKuRa

It is actually incredibly complex so it might not be appropriate for a "break" game as it takes a couple of months to go over the complete n00b level ... You need a week just to cover some very basics tutorials and after that you are still lost.

It is a spaceship sandbox-type MMO.

Basically you are spaceship captain in a galaxy of 5k+ stars (each star system with things to do in).

As it is a sandbox-type of game there is not really objective you pretty much can follow different professions (explorer, miners, trader, military, etc) with sub-profession, create Corporations with other players, etc .. You can be a pirate...I have been reading their forums for a week and still only have a vague idea of all the possibilities...

Basically you try to get better ships, upgrades as you are uncovering mysteries of the universe ... or being a corporate officer (you can be banker, CEO, accountant, etc) for a corporation.

I still do not know if I am going to like it (get addicted to it) as it is an immense learning curve to learn all the mechanics of the game. Just to learn all the skills in the game on your hero I think it will take you like 7 years (of real time) so people specialize in something and trade for other things etc...

I still do not know if I am going to like it (get addicted to it) as it is an immense learning curve to learn all the mechanics of the game. Just to learn all the skills in the game on your hero I think it will take you like 7 years (of real time) so people specialize in something and trade for other things etc...

LOL 7 years? wtf? I've played battlestar galactica online and its pretty easy :D

shap so many interesting things to play ... I wish I was still in high school / college ... most of you guys are very lucky to have all this time to goof off... but probably dont realize it yet [ just a random brain fart from me...]

I might PM brax to ask him (thanks Whale)

At the early stages the only way to make real money is taking the jobs/quests. Mining sucks at that point.

Use drones whenever possible. Make sure to get the salvage skill and make use of that to get more loot from the enemies you kill...

I never got far and it's been a while, but that's all I know.