[ITEM] - Warp Shard - Vorpal.Valedict

[iTEM] :WarpShard:

This item needs an range buff from 9 to 12 units, i like how it can be triggered in combat incomparance to Dota's [blink dagger] but as of now its pretty useless for suprise attacks, you can see it coming and dodge inc blinks to easily.

[character] :Vorpal.Valedict:

I love vorpal and his abilties, however i find his "Dark Surge" ability a bit "short" even tho the actual range frame is good it feels like he stops way before that, i can dark surge at the very edge and it seems to be decided by time more than range because range doesn't vary much when transporting units.

would love to hear what people say in general about this;

thx

//Karma

I personally think that warpshard serves it purpose very well and a buff would make it too good.

On vorpal, vorpal is very good right now, the only thing that bugs me about his surge is that it doesnt pull all the way to him when he surges the max length. The people he pulled are usually a couple units away.

By the time people see you coming you should be within 9 units or the 12 range and by the time you warp you should be on top or close enough. Otherwise try coming behind them or from the side. Warp doesn't need more range.

In reference to Vorp, I feel his surge is shorter than it says as well. The pulling of units is fine because it's an AoE pull, so the pull shouldn't be perfect.

This item needs an range buff from 9 to 12 units, i like how it can be triggered in combat incomparance to Dota's [blink dagger] but as of now its pretty useless for suprise attacks, you can see it coming and dodge inc blinks to easily.

Blink dagger is useless if you are under attack, you can be raped in AoS and just jump safely with warp shard, in DotA if you are attacked blink dagger cant be activated unless you are puck and you use phase shift and then ninja blink

• 2 months later...

A Hero that travels at 2.8+0.4 (No movement speed buffs or slows on him), can save about 3 seconds worth of moving time. The teleport gives you enough to get within range of abilities or out. Most abiliites casting range are 10, and you can basicly double that range with warp shard if you blink in. Warp shard isn't really ment for you to be sneaky, while it can be, but its good for instant escape in tight situations, or a way to instantly get to a targeted distance giving enemies no time to react, like movement speed does. Warp Shard owns. Before Super Halldron Collider, people would still keep Warp Shard as a last item because thats how good it is. It is icing on the cake to make it also stun, give hp, and also timescale.