Egon

KingJiggly

I've found that Egon is incredibly powerful, being the only true support hero. Queen, while she may have heals, is just a mishmash of stuff. Egon, he heals, restores energy, and has that incredible heal bubble that can heal people incredibly fast. While I understand he is a support hero, he seems to be the only real support hero (he does a decent amount of damage as well). Are there any plans to add future support heros? He's is just so powerful as a support and is nearly a gg if the other team has one and you don't (or vice versa).

Its ok when he heals good, but he also damages way too much.

His offensively Q stacks can't be seen (no animation) and it lasts 12(!) seconds in which he can refresh and do massive damage, so you always have to stay back to not get multiple Salves and even behind your tower its not safe.

Only with good aoe and burst you have a chance to kill him before you get killed.

I would half the damage Caustic Salve does, but give it better scaling. In endgame then he has the same potential, but doesn't rape everything in the beginning.

Also his heal ward should scale more, but reduce the healing by 15% for every ally standing in!

The problem with Egon is his area healing. In beta it got nerfed by 1% but still 5% of max hp per second is ridiculous. Instead it should be flat amount which scale with Egon INT or it shouldn't be more than 2-3%

But the ward need like 1 second to begin to heal and last less seconds till it die (at least thats what i noticed)

It may be less over powered, the healing ward, if it healed based on missing Hp, so that lower hp chars will heal much more, while people with high hp, still won't be healing a huge amount disencouraging enemies to attack him. Not Sure. Either way, the enemy with really low hp would heal near the same as it currently would, but it makes it so he can't just fully heal everyone in matter of seconds.

His Q has a green effect for use on ally that appears around Egon.

When used on an enemy, the same effect but purple appears around Egon...

=\ I have lowest settings...

Yeah, thats correct sir

On another note... Executioner axe doesn't work on egon? Why would they put -80% Healing instead of just -80% Leech, since I've only seen it work on Leeching...

You should really check the beta patch notes, Egon is getting nerfed a bit.

• Egon.Stettman

• - Disinfecting Ward now restores 2/3/4/5% from 3/4/5/6.

• - Caustic Salve now heals for 40/60/80/100 (+60% INT) from 60/80/100/120 (+60% INT).

• - New animation for Disinfecting Ward.

Is it enough? not sure really, honestly id be happier with a change to 50% INT from 60% for his heal since its far too easy to stack Int these days, and the cast time is almost non existent on his skills (plus they stack on you) which is what makes him such a threat

There are plenty of ways to counter egon though (any debuff remover, regen, or spell resist can mitigate the salves, the annoying part is more how well he can keep teammates alive

EDIT:

honestly I really don't see this "nerf" as changing anything at all(except maybe early game), he heals 1% less energy all around, which I suppose is something(not that it really matters bc he can stack the effect), and will sap you for exactly 20 less damage with healing salve(whoo hoo)....the change in healing power is something you probably wont even notice in game, since 20 damage is nothing...

Guess we shall see if more is to come

My point was that Egon was the only true support hero of his nature, making him seem much more powerful than he is, and forcing people who like support roles to choose him even if they may not like his play style. Granted he is still very powerful, but if you get 2 or 3 more sport heros like him, he will seem much less powerful than he is now.

You should really check the beta patch notes, Egon is getting nerfed a bit.

• Egon.Stettman

• - Disinfecting Ward now restores 2/3/4/5% from 3/4/5/6.

• - Caustic Salve now heals for 40/60/80/100 (+60% INT) from 60/80/100/120 (+60% INT).

• - New animation for Disinfecting Ward.

Is it enough? not sure really, honestly id be happier with a change to 50% INT from 60 since its far too easy to stack Int these days, and the cast time is almost non existent on his skills (and stacks) which is what makes him such a threat

There are plenty of ways to counter egon though (any debuff remover, regen, or spell resist can mitigate the salves, the annoying part is more how well he can keep teammates alive

Yes I agree... If you really think about it the percentage doesn't even seem like a big difference. But then again, maybe it's a good thing? Sometimes you overnerf a hero and then the hero is hardly played any more or at least played minimally. Then again, I doubt Egon healing carries will ever be a bad thing... In any case, is RNG afraid of fractions or something? What if it healed like 1.75% or 2.25% or anything between 1-3%....

Coz he is squishy, and you need some skill to kill with him unless you are a tard stealer with rockets. And ppl dont have that skill in pubs. In ih you just can find better options

Lol, I was being partially sarcastic... I've actually played Dustin in new version and man do you need Gravity Edge and Star Fury a lot.

Useless... hahaha, NO! I love Dustin & in pubs he owns hard.

As for egon, i still think his E should be lowered, making it 3% or 4% of max health at lvl 4, that way it seems a bit more fair in regards to healing... trying to kill a drake one wave, getting drake to say 20% of his health, then to see him at almost full health the next wave really deters you from doing anything else to said drake... & before you say go for the egon, try to explain how you get egon when most ppl stay at the back with him!?

Think about it, most folks don't really upgrade his E untill they have lvl 4 on the Q & W... & when i say that i mean you get lvl 1 of his ward but after that you wait to max his other abilities before you finish upgrading his E fully or am i playing egon wrong?

Useless... hahaha, NO! I love Dustin & in pubs he owns hard.

As for egon, i still think his E should be lowered, making it 3% or 4% of max health at lvl 4, that way it seems a bit more fair in regards to healing... trying to kill a drake one wave, getting drake to say 20% of his health, then to see him at almost full health the next wave really deters you from doing anything else to said drake... & before you say go for the egon, try to explain how you get egon when most ppl stay at the back with him!?

Think about it, most folks don't really upgrade his E untill they have lvl 4 on the Q & W... & when i say that i mean you get lvl 1 of his ward but after that you wait to max his other abilities before you finish upgrading his E fully or am i playing egon wrong?

This is how I skill egon.

It's really situational, I have like 3 different builds I think.

1: Q (for killing neutrals), W (for mana sustain) then E (for more heal). Then after that I max my W if I can, but if I really need the heal in the lane, I max Q, sometimes I skill them evenly. It all depends how the lane is, I get my ulti every time I can, but that might be wrong, I don't really know what it does.

2: Q, max W, get E first time I can't get W, this is if I can be really greedy.

Generally you always wanna max W first if you can, but if you can't you get Q, as it's a better heal early on. You always get 1 early level of E, but don't max it before your other 2 spells are done.