Transporter

residente

Ok so I was on mumble and I saw RNG in Development room and I looked at his mumble remark and I saw that

Transporter

- This item has been removed.

Egon.Stetmann

- New animation for Disinfecting Ward.

Can anyone explain me why transporter will be removed?

Thank you and good day

In LoL we can back by pressing the b button and waiting 7 seconds as long as we are not attacked during this time. There is a summoners spell to teleport back as well but it has a huge cd. Generally we push the towers and port back as a way of denying creep.

LoL, in other words, is a casual game for casuals, and is worse (although more chill) than AoS.

LoL, in other words, is a casual game for casuals, and is worse (although more chill) than AoS.

Its the most popular game in the world because of these scrub mechanics, their marketing, willingness to listen to the community and lucky charm graphics. Its also a fairly balanced game. Aos is a nostalgic game for old school player and is... "slightly unbalanced" and by slightly i mean fuking unbalanced!!! I cant bm dota2 though i hear it is unbalanced (still in beta so duh) but more challenging. At least the tower distance isn't 1/4 of the map away from the creep wave though while the top zerg/bot protoss have their towers to back them up.

Actually, no. LoL has different wave pushing mechanics, and is in that sense far more sophisticated than AoS because pushing your lane makes you open to ganks as it takes time for the creep line to return to your side. DotA also has this kind of mechanic, but denying lets you control your own creeps as well (though syndra can push your own lane back a bit).

Don't make random judgements like that, it comes across as ignorant.

EDIT: Ninja'd by backpack.

Actually, no. LoL has different wave pushing mechanics, and is in that sense far more sophisticated than AoS because pushing your lane makes you open to ganks as it takes time for the creep line to return to your side. DotA also has this kind of mechanic, but denying lets you control your own creeps as well (though syndra can push your own lane back a bit).

Don't make random judgements like that, it comes across as ignorant.

EDIT: Ninja'd by backpack.

I just won the AoS tournament, played ranked LoL (albeit only ~50 games with 1450 rating) and have almost 1k games clocked in DotA 2.

What about you?

LoL is a lot less sophisticated than even AoS because of the lack of denying. "Pushing lane makes you open to gank" goes in every A-RTS game(AoS, DotA, HoN, LoL included) just like it "takes time fo the creep line return to your side".

I am happily willing to listen to any arguments as to how LoL is a more "sophisticated" game than even AoS, not to mention DotA.

LoL is very easy to pick up, has a levelling system to keep people playing, microtransactions for cosmetic upgrades(skins) as well as more required upgrades (runepages, champions, although the latter can be purchased by playing a lot).

Also no... LoL isn't succesfull because they listen a lot to their community - it's because they are pouring money into their marketing and their tournament. DotA 2 has a shap ton of tournaments, Valve sponsoring one (1!) of them, while Riot sponsors every single one(!) of LoL's. Not to mention the smart trick of making every new champions released pretty OP so people get interested and then buy it for their real-life-money, only to nerf the same champion into a state LoL employees probably agreed upon before the release.

Totally didn't say the same thing soede did. Wait a second... winning aos tournament = right about everything. Gg wp. Cant argue with a champ. From now on just type aos champ for every argument to save time. Ex: i say 1+1=2. You say 1+1= aos champ. Discussion over you win!

In aos we can push creep back physically to line the creep up better if we wish though that applies to both sides. I think khazix the newest champ goes against your logic as his win rate is in the low 40s but rengar is a boss at 60% before the last nerf. Their marketing is insane though. 2 years ago sc2 had the most players and lol just blew them away. Got to give them props. A 2 mill grand prize tournament too is amazing even if there are cheaters and their system crashed so no one can see the games.

Totally didn't say the same thing soede did. Wait a second... winning aos tournament = right about everything. Gg wp. Cant argue with a champ. From now on just type aos champ for every argument to save time. Ex: i say 1+1=2. You say 1+1= aos champ. Discussion over you win!

In aos we can push creep back physically to line the creep up better if we wish though that applies to both sides. I think khazix the newest champ goes against your logic as his win rate is in the low 40s but rengar is a boss at 60% before the last nerf. Their marketing is insane though. 2 years ago sc2 had the most players and lol just blew them away. Got to give them props. A 2 mill grand prize tournament too is amazing even if there are cheaters and their system crashed so no one can see the games.

Giwe stats about LoL hawing most players. Stats that aren't about number of aktiwe xfire users playing the games. And stats inkluding Asia.

if he gets rid of transporters, he has to make towers much harder to kill, by them dealing damage faster or having more health. Backdooring will be insanely strong if you can not warp back to deal with it.

in dota when you backdoor towers get like 100 hp regen per sec, that could be nice in AoS

Giwe stats about LoL hawing most players. Stats that aren't about number of aktiwe xfire users playing the games. And stats inkluding Asia.

Xfire is the closest reliable source they have to showing how many players each set has. Nothing else comes to mind except the fact that their tournaments have insane prizes compared to others. Maybe on lolking the summoner number count works based on when you signed up and that could be a good indicator then stack it for each region.

Xfire is the closest reliable source they have to showing how many players each set has. Nothing else comes to mind except the fact that their tournaments have insane prizes compared to others. Maybe on lolking the summoner number count works based on when you signed up and that could be a good indicator then stack it for each region.

No, Xfire is not a reliable sourse for anything, as you hawe to hawe it installed for it to kount you as a player of any game. Ergo utterly useless. Nobody uses Xfire anymore.

All prisepools in LoL are entirely sponsored by Riot and thus serwe no indikation as to the popularity of the game either, rather the kontrary (that Riot wishes LoL to look grandiouse but dare not rely on the kommunity and indiwidual aktors to make it happen).

I beta tested last night. Transporters removed but you can warp back to pool anytime (as in LOL). Also, the talents have been completely reworked. THe highest tier utility talent provides you a teleport to any allied structures, although it is currently on a 5 minute cooldown. Ekco mentioned that he removed transporters in part because the map is more similar to LOLs (smaller in size). I personally hate the change, as it makes the game less involved, less strategic, and further lowers the skill cap (-.-).

We will see where everything ends up though...the changes are still beta. The teleport talent was initially set at a 3 minute cooldown, but was changed to 5 because we told ekco it would be too important relative to its counterparts. 3 minutes felt...mmmmm.....okayish as far as retaining the ability to teleport strategically for ganks and so forth. The situation is sort of lose-lose for those who dislike the removal of transporters, as ekco is somewhat obligated to balance the talents such that teleport is not the overwhelming obvious choice.

edit: a few more comments

1. without a reliable teleport, it seems certain heroes will gain an indirect buff...namely those with good sustain (egon, tychus, bio etc.)

2. The jury is still out on how this will affect backdooring. To be honest, i think it might make it harder, at least when it comes to pushing into the base as everyone has a built in teleport home. Pushing, especially split pushing, should be super strong until the same point.

No, Xfire is not a reliable sourse for anything, as you hawe to hawe it installed for it to kount you as a player of any game. Ergo utterly useless. Nobody uses Xfire anymore.

All prisepools in LoL are entirely sponsored by Riot and thus serwe no indikation as to the popularity of the game either, rather the kontrary (that Riot wishes LoL to look grandiouse but dare not rely on the kommunity and indiwidual aktors to make it happen).

So you're saying that dota2 is more popular that lol?

The data is old, but here's what I got from each site.

http://www.playdota....ad.php?t=847953 (based on 2012 June time period)

http://euw.leagueofl...million-players (based on November 2011 time period)

There is no argument. LoL has way more players (32 mil) , but Dota 2 (1 mil) is still in beta. It's inconceivable that a game still in it's beta could compare to a game that's been out for 3 years. But I think sc2 had 5 mil in 2010 when LoL only had about 2 or 3 mil during that time. Who knows maybe Dota 2 will win when it's released by 2014/15 (trololol), but until then like it or not LoL reigns supreme.

No. I think a more walid point you hawe to make is that LoL is free, and almost eweryone has at least one smurf akkount there - and the higher up you get in the system, the more likely you might ewen hawe multiple.

That's also not akkouting for people aktually playing the game, but merely being registered for a free-to-play game.

There is no doubt in my mind that LoL has more users than DotA :)

No. I think a more walid point you hawe to make is that LoL is free, and almost eweryone has at least one smurf akkount there - and the higher up you get in the system, the more likely you might ewen hawe multiple.

That's also not akkouting for people aktually playing the game, but merely being registered for a free-to-play game.

There is no doubt in my mind that LoL has more users than DotA :)

Id say 10 to 15 mil users max realistically.

League is mechanically easier at the pub/casual level then Dota2 or even AoS, however it is a more refined game due to having such a large backing behind it in terms or marketing/development, but at a competitive level it is the same as any Moba game in terms of difficulty, since a lot more then just mechanics factors into a true teamgame at a pro level. I won't disagree that Dota2 has a more sophisticated background but since both LoL and Dota2 are still growing games no one person can say which one is better, different tastes offer different opinions.

What I am troubled by is how AoS is attempting to merge both Dota and LoL into one game, now I don't know how successful this will be overall but I just ask that ecko reconsiders trying to implement more unique features in not only hero design but also mechanical design as well.

I just ask players not to bash 1 game just because they have never played it or have played it less then another game. Myself when Dota2 comes out officially I will definitely try it out to see what it can offer compared to LoL, so save your judgement when you have experienced both games fully at a player, spectator, ect level.

InspireZ

Edit: Here is the infographic for Season 2 of League http://majorleagueoflegends.s3.amazonaws.com/lol_infographic.png