Looking for Dustin builds

Bin

Argus, Ihan, Nitrogen, Yamato, Sunflare, Gravity Edge.

And lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots OF ENERGY POTIONS!

I always thought it would be simple really, just get the usual INT items and, as Aellectris said, lots of *snip* energy potions. Disclaimer: I haven't played Dustin since the new items came out, I just played a load of him right before the patch. 500 energy per potion at the moment is definitely enough to break Dustin, though.

You will never know what lane harassment is until you've fought Dustin.

Also do not level up missiles past level 1 (this is a suggestion, not a command), the energy cost is IMO just too high for the 50 extra damage it gives you per level. You'll save a lot of energy that way (90, at the cost of 150 SD per missile), and late-game you won't have the usual energy problems that Dustin is known for having when his spells are maxed out. 10 second cooldown on his ult means that the lower cooldown on the higher levels is irrelevant at higher levels, and at lower levels you won't have the mana to spam missiles all the time anyway. Lazor is more efficient.

You might not actually need Gravity's edge since you have your Lazor. Get one if your enemies are building spell resist.

Well actually, I think gravity's edge gives the second highest INT of any item, so never mind. Carry on!

I haven't played Dustin that much since the new item patch but usually try to get:

Pendant > Blue Jeans > Nitrogen (slow from rockets help you chace downs enemies and lazer them ) > Argus > situational items with strong preference on INT and then HP

More importantly the build. I prefer for start with "E" and then max Q and W (taking R at 6,11,16). I have seen other players play more aggressively skipping lvl1 E for Q or W. From my perspective that is a mistake because "E" gives you alot of creep kills (minerals) and a strong lane pushing skill (also helps alot with hitting with your Q).

I usually start with a transporter and 10 mana potions, or 11 if I wait for avarice minerals. You can get a gravity's edge the first time you come back.

You can deny pretty much any melee hero by putting E on top of creeps. Q is better for harassing squishy ranged AA heroes like nova since you have to deny her farm if you want to beat her in the lane.

I can advise you not to get ult at lvl 6. It is so mana-hungry. You'd better to max laser at lvl 6.

This is decent advice, but it really depends on the situation. If you're behind, then sometimes you need to be able to react quickly (e.g you're getting towerdived). You can't do this if all of your spells are on cooldown.

I start with a regen ring with 3-4 energy potions and warp capsule. I work my way up to a Treasure and Nitrogen, and depend on how many kills or assist i get, i would get a blue gene. Nitro helps if you can't land your laser correctly plus it helps to land your second attack after you blow thru missile, laser and then refresh.

I gotten a little better with laser, so i usually start with that first. I think I went Q , W , Q , W, Q, W. I skip Ultimate at level 6 until either level 7 or 8, because it use to much energy. Just spam missile and laster that will keep them back, but if they are pushing hard, get E (satelite) at level 6.

I should clarify that I also have Energize talent that really helps me with mana early/mid game... so i do not need potions an can invest the money in something more permanent.

Energize is a bit of a waste at the moment (in the future it might not be because potions are bugged right now) as an energy potion will fill up your energy at the start for just 50 minerals. I think protect is more important than energize, and energize is no longer really useful when someone gets an kinetic battery.

Energize is a bit of a waste at the moment (in the future it might not be because potions are bugged right now) as an energy potion will fill up your energy at the start for just 50 minerals. I think protect is more important than energize, and energize is no longer really useful when someone gets an kinetic battery.

Except people don't pick up a kinetic battery.

He is kinda underpowered right now, especially late game. I have tried a lot of builds on him and find speed is very important on him. Phantom Menace is very good because all his skills give him the range to fire at stuff outside of the speed boost area (i.e. if an enemy hero is 6 units or closer, the speed boost passive is not activated).

Other speed items to get on him are gravity edge and shadowmourne which is helpful so you have at least some defense against AA carries that get the jump on you. Yah I know Shadowmourne is kind of a broken item, but Dustin is kind of an underpowered hero. Other speed items are spell buffer, lockbox, that new item that gives a bunch of agi, strength, cooldown reduction, and movement speed (can't remember its name, and arcbound ravager which are probably not the greatest items on Dustin because you have to ask yourself how are you going to be a threat if you are completely defensive in nature.

So your other 3 items in addition to phantom menace, shadowmourne, and gravity edge for Dustin would probably be nitrogen refit, argus, and yamato reactor. You have no real sustain with this build, so your allies might hate you for never being the one who soaks any damage, but since you have really good movement speed, frequent trips to the pool are not so bad. I would get the movement speed items first so you can start floating like a butterly but stinging like a bee.

Dustin's strength is his range so whatever build you use, you want to build upon this strength and do whatever you can to stay out of the range of enemy spells and attacks (which obviously means being very agile and speedy).

I prefer a skill build of

e q q w q w q w w r r e e e stats/ult

level on ult is not worth it: enemies will run away from you, or if you are mid-fight will just stun you.

My item build is:

blue gem (only if ahead) nitrogen retrofit, symphonic (or something similar that) seed, parallax, argus, gravity edge (the last three in any order, varies based on situation).

I will share with you my closely guarded build which I developed after much experimentation in intensely contested public games.

- Superheated Mantle

- Electric Mantle

- Small Hadron Collider

- Pyre

- Lockbox

- Star Treks

This is a universal sure-fire build for Dustin in any situation. In fact, its so universal that it works for any hero in any situation. With this, you can become a one man army versus anything your opponents can think of; except that taser, flob that broken shap

I will share with you my closely guarded build which I developed after much experimentation in intensely contested public games.

- Superheated Mantle

- Electric Mantle

- Small Hadron Collider

- Pyre

- Lockbox

- Star Treks

This is a universal sure-fire build for Dustin in any situation. In fact, its so universal that it works for any hero in any situation. With this, you can become a one man army versus anything your opponents can think of; except that taser, flob that broken shap

troll...

this is [0V0]'s universal bulild

To build him other than a caster is a waist... but i could be mistakened! I have seen hybrid dustins running on the field & boy were they strong.

My build on dustin as like so:

- Khaydaren Absorber (it really helps beef him up & gives you health & mana after every creep kill)

- Impact dial

- ihan crystal

- Nitrogen retrofit

- Gravity edge

- Argus crystal

- Sell Impact for yamato or SFG

With this i have quite a bit of health & armour making me less of a easy target & with a simple creep wave i can regen alot of my health & a bit of mana & get back into the fight asap. If there is a fed carry on the field i substitute Impact for paralax & substitute ihan for a bit more armour... but it all depends on whats happening!

I rush for a Blue Gene, and after getting it, I try to gank (if I'm mid) or just kill/assist as soon as possible to take a huge advantage in terms on amount of int compared to the low hp of my enemies, after the Blue Gene I run for Gravity Edge and Argus Crystal, to take as much int as I can for a reasonable prize. I am very weak in the early and mid game in terms of hp, I play very safe and I am always behind the tank and the first line of the battle. After that 3 items and with 275 extra int (appart my natural int) i go for the classic ihan+nitrogen, 125 int and a good amount of hp, then Yamato. After that I should be lvl 16-18, with yamato active I can spawn laser and missiles because of the low cooldown of ultimate and yamato active.

The bad thing of this hero imo is if you fail in the early game and you dont take the advantage from blue gene you will suffer the entire game, because you will deal shap damage

No hate, but I stopped reading after underpowered. You should ask highdrater or RaKuRa from the IH community for some help on Dustin.

I have played with and against highdrater many times. My guess is he would say he plays Dustin for fun and for the challenge, not because he thinks he is necessarily a great hero. Plus, I would not say he is part of the "IH Community" in the sense he plays plenty of public games as do many people who dabble with being an inhauser, yet still are not delusional enough to believe that because they simply play IH games, that they are a great player or that their opinions should automatically carry greater weight than anyone else's. You sound like a new player who just started playing IH games and already have this nonsensical elitist and dismissive attitude, especially since you offer no advice or criticism of your own but instead defer to "highdrater" whose skill I can gauge myself as well as just about every other IH player because I see them in pub games every now and then.

I prefer a skill build of

e q q w q w q w w r r e e e stats/ult

level on ult is not worth it: enemies will run away from you, or if you are mid-fight will just stun you.

My item build is:

blue gem (only if ahead) nitrogen retrofit, symphonic (or something similar that) seed, parallax, argus, gravity edge (the last three in any order, varies based on situation).

Do you get mana potuions? If not, you have no energy regen and so levelling W is a huge waste as the energy cost rises steeply.

Levelling R makes it cast much faster, and E actually deals good damage.

I have played with and against highdrater many times. My guess is he would say he plays Dustin for fun and for the challenge, not because he thinks he is necessarily a great hero. Plus, I would not say he is part of the "IH Community" in the sense he plays plenty of public games as do many people who dabble with being an inhauser, yet still are not delusional enough to believe that because they simply play IH games, that they are a great player or that their opinions should automatically carry greater weight than anyone else's. You sound like a new player who just started playing IH games and already have this nonsensical elitist and dismissive attitude, especially since you offer no advice or criticism of your own but instead defer to "highdrater" whose skill I can gauge myself as well as just about every other IH player because I see them in pub games every now and then.

Didn't want to piss you off or give you this elitist stereotype, but your amusing builds do not work. Why you mad though? Still, I don't see what's wrong with suggesting highdrater and RaKuRa to you and to the OP for some help on Dustin. I don't want to misinform the OP like you did.

After playing IH, I do think IH players are more skilled. Maybe you just can't accept this fact and don't want to play people better than you. Plus, IH players use pubs to practice new heroes, so don't judge their skills on that.