weapon damage reduction on crit build

jamescossey

not sure if im just blind or what, but when playign erekul and vergil, ive noticed when i use thier reduce weapon damge ability on a hero like nova, it shows thier weapon damage reduced but they still crit for 800-1000. shouldnt thier crit damage be reduced since thier weapon damage is reduced. its not like its being reduced by armor, its actually reducing thier weapon damage.

not sure if im just blind or what, but when playign erekul and vergil, ive noticed when i use thier reduce weapon damge ability on a hero like nova, it shows thier weapon damage reduced but they still crit for 800-1000. shouldnt thier crit damage be reduced since thier weapon damage is reduced. its not like its being reduced by armor, its actually reducing thier weapon damage.

Weapon damage ≠ Crit Damage, therefore it does not reduce Crit damage... How hard is that to understand?

pretty hard since crit damge is based off ur weapon damage. u dont crit for 1k damage at lvl 1 because ur weapon damage isnt high enough, there for if u reduce someones weapon damage, thier crit damage should be reduced to the correct % of thier weapon damage. what dont u under stand.

example, crits currently do 125% weapon damage. ur weapon damage is 300, so it will do 375 damage crit. 25% of that is true damage 75 and 300 as physical. (correct me if im wrong there).

*someone has enough armor to resist ur weapon damage dealt by 25%, u still take 75% as true but 225 as physical.

*some one reduces ur weapon damage by an affect by 60%. 300 weapon damge becomes 120. so u should take 120 physical and 30.

thats where im lost.

First, crits are now +50%, not +25%. Second, be very sure that the actual damage done matches to the Floating Combat Text. There have been issues before where the FCT says you do 1000 crit but you actually do more because of double-dipping certain damage amp buffs (back when crits were physical damage). This could be the same issue in reverse; FCT says 1000 damage (total, mind you, it displays the total of base attack and bonus crit damage) but you're actually dealing less. Lastly, if all checks out, it could just be that Crits are calculated before debuffs. That would also imply that if you had a Weapon Damage Bonus ability (Titan, Adrenaline, etc) it wouldn't raise your crit damage, either.

crits are currently only doing base +25% damage, and will be fixed next patch to deal base +50% damage. Then Boros/Nova QQ threads will flood the forums even more the evar before. but hey, a bug is a bug....

also the floating combat text is often inaccurate/doesn't account for resistances, and perhaps debuffs as well. I'm not sure on that, however.

crits are currently only doing base +25% damage, and will be fixed next patch to deal base +50% damage. Then Boros/Nova QQ threads will flood the forums even more the evar before. but hey, a bug is a bug....

also the floating combat text is often inaccurate/doesn't account for resistances, and perhaps debuffs as well. I'm not sure on that, however.

lol crits will be 'fixed'