I played vs Unix again

JustZerO

I mentioned this a couple of times. You play vs Unix, and he pushes lanes. You think, defend and farm into late game, Unix is a pusher, and will be bad in late game.

I was cow, we had a darpa and a brine. We got raped in late game. I had 5.5k health, parallax (18% spell resist), and torch (10% spell resist), later i switched torch to taser (20% spell resist). To make it quick: Unix drained my 5.5k health in 1-2 seconds. Well yes, i am such a new user and only get 2 spell resist items and 5.5k health against unix, blame me. And when i tasered him? well, his ulti was ready again after like 6-8 seconds. Enough time to run away? Great, and what if i want to fight?

Unix is a pusher, a very strong one. Why does he have such high killing capabilities??? He had a gravity edge and 35% of his ulti damage were turned to true damage. this was even worse than stevie. Pls, one person, tell me why he is a pusher AND killer??? Same with MK, wonder why he is banned in INH atm. If you do not manage to kill towers in early/mid game with a pusher hero, how can you manage to be a killer in late game, this is bullshap.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-6676284/unix-lol.SC2Replay.html

this is the replay, for everybody who wants to watch a cow die from Unix with massive spell resist and health, and even tasering him in the end.

Cow isn't a late game hero and honestly many mumblers think he is pretty useless right now. Cow is aoe burst dps, while unix is single target burst dps. So naturally hes gonna be better in a 1v1 situation. Having 5500 hp though sounds like you built cow wrong. However any form of stun or silence will stop the channel on his ult so you can just run away after u silence him.

I think the damage is too high for the cooldown. One of them needs to change.

Personally I think the damage is the problem. Unix has a decent attack range, starfury can do a lot of damage with him and his terrans. There's no need to give him tons of things that scale off INT.

But, that said, the other posters in this thread are right in that unix is vulnerable to being tased and focused. But that's any caster, really, and other casters are nowhere near as dangerous, so I think it's still arguable that unix is a very powerful caster.

Yes but he also has a cloaked initiation making it that much easier to taser you first, and even troll by impact dialing themselves closer to you after you move to prolong the ultimate.

His AA can be insane with Stars Fury and using marine eggs, so why would I think of his ulti as his AA?

I think the damage is too high for the cooldown. One of them needs to change.

Personally I think the damage is the problem. Unix has a decent attack range, starfury can do a lot of damage with him and his terrans. There's no need to give him tons of things that scale off INT.

But, that said, the other posters in this thread are right in that unix is vulnerable to being tased and focused. But that's any caster, really, and other casters are nowhere near as dangerous, so I think it's still arguable that unix is a very powerful caster.

buy a taser(if u cant handle clicking on a hero with taser because its too much for u buy a stun baton and just right click on him) and unix is dead in the water for 5 seconds... if u cant kill him in that amount of time im sorry for u.

and int hero has int scaling... who wud of thunk it

Yes but he also has a cloaked initiation making it that much easier to taser you first, and even troll by impact dialing themselves closer to you after you move to prolong the ultimate.

His AA can be insane with Stars Fury and using marine eggs, so why would I think of his ulti as his AA?

buy a chrono, unix is a strong hero early and mid game but late game having one person on your team with a chrono and another with a taser its gg for unix

Umm what? DId u just say that no other caster is as dangerous as unix? That is completely ridiculous. Raynor, rancor, vergil, maar and null are 5 casters that are 10x better than unix.

Chrono elixir or scans will shut down his cloak and if u tase him underground thats like a 5 second stun basically. And like quistman said stun baton counters unix so flobing hard.

He's fine right now. Probably one of the more balanced casters.

Umm what? DId u just say that no other caster is as dangerous as unix? That is completely ridiculous. Raynor, rancor, vergil, maar and null are 5 casters that are 10x better than unix.

Chrono elixir or scans will shut down his cloak and if u tase him underground thats like a 5 second stun basically. And like quistman said stun baton counters unix so flobing hard.

He's fine right now. Probably one of the more balanced casters.

yes those heroes you mentioned are casters, but Unix is primarily a pusher, not a caster. and therefor i don't understand why is ulti deals such high amounts of damage. in combination with a Yamato Reactor, he flobed me like hell. (again, 5.5k health, 1-2 seconds)

taser is a good choice against Unix, no doubt, but the utli was ready again so fast, i hit him down to like half HP, and he drains it back.

yes those heroes you mentioned are casters, but Unix is primarily a pusher, not a caster. and therefor i don't understand why is ulti deals such high amounts of damage. in combination with a Yamato Reactor, he flobed me like hell. (again, 5.5k health, 1-2 seconds)

taser is a good choice against Unix, no doubt, but the utli was ready again so fast, i hit him down to like half HP, and he drains it back.

yes unix is a pusher, does system, maar, rancor, raynor, or null because completely usless for the next 10 seconds if u stun them once? unix is a pusher that can 1v1 other heros rather well but any disable will put him out cold until his ulti is off cd again. so while yes he is a good pusher he isnt as good of a dmg caster as other casters are. its a trade off.

and if u couldnt kill unix in 5 seconds im sorry for u, either 2v1 him or dont feed him so much so he doesnt get so far ahead.

edit: unix ulti has a 15 second cd. meaning if u taser him right after he uses it(or anystun) he wont have it again for 15 seconds.

Well if the Unix does not have a taser himself, sometimes a small hadron collider is better (then again a good Unix will have a taser). Just wait till he fungals and ults you, then blink on top of him and the stun cancels his ultimate.

The foolproof way to get 1v1 kills with Unix is to get both a taser and a small hadron collider and initiate at close range with collider and then taser and then fungal and brain sap with yamato of course. That is a lot of inventory hotkeys to press, but if you can do it that is how you do it. Your other four items are obviously argus, yamato, nitrogen refit, and then either a sunflare gun or a gravity edge. That is assuming your strategy is to get brain sap kills the whole game.

You need SHC because you can't rely on being burrowed once the enemy team starts investing in detection so rushing SHC is not necessary but you want to get that item and taser once you notice the other team adapting their builds to counter yours.

Another counter (not always reliable), is stun baton. You need a high attack rate and a lot of health because you can't be completely sure which attack is going to proc the stun on Unix.

to add to what owl said while unix is good in a 1v1 and especially in a 2v1 where he has help, during 5v5 team fights he often loses a lot of his shine. his marines die to spammable aoe, people have detection so he can cloak, his passive has some utility but he usually cant get close enough to use it, his fungal is great, and his ulit is usually shut down for the duration of the fightby either calculated or stray cc making him unable to do dmg for most of the team fight. when i play unix i try to build him support with a taser and shrapnel and nitrogen so that i can still help in the team fight since his skills dont do all that much.

yes unix is a pusher, does system, maar, rancor, raynor, or null because completely usless for the next 10 seconds if u stun them once? unix is a pusher that can 1v1 other heros rather well but any disable will put him out cold until his ulti is off cd again. so while yes he is a good pusher he isnt as good of a dmg caster as other casters are. its a trade off.

and if u couldnt kill unix in 5 seconds im sorry for u, either 2v1 him or dont feed him so much so he doesnt get so far ahead.

edit: unix ulti has a 15 second cd. meaning if u taser him right after he uses it(or anystun) he wont have it again for 15 seconds.

i agree with the most. but a Unix always stacks some timescale, so his cooldown will surely be shorter than 15 seconds.

i agree with the most. but a Unix always stacks some timescale, so his cooldown will surely be shorter than 15 seconds.

ok so he has a reactor (15%[+30%]) and a blue gene (10%) so once a minute he will have 55% cd reduction. so it maybe has a 7-8 second cd. so if u taser him (or stun him) right after he uses his ulti u have 7-8 seconds to kill him which is more than enough. and thats assuming he has reactor up otherwise its more like a 10-11 second cd. plenty of time to kill a unix. honestly 5 second taser duration is enough time for most heros.

(most of the above numbers are estimates base on me playing unix quite a bit and rough rounding of numbers. im sure someone could find an exact number for u.)

i hear a stun baton is OP (can't drain this - DUH NUH NUH NUN - can't drain this - DUH NUH NUH NUN - ...)

but ya a cow with 5.5k hp is like, wtf are you doing bro? (yes the proper nova build is 6 organic carapaces. No, i'm not joking. Yes, that will be SIX organic carapaces please. thank you)

How exactly a brine loses to a unix is beyond me. in the fight of the tentacles, the one that stuns >> the one that drains. and you had a darpa = free silence. just sounds like you got horrendously outplayed.

buy a taser(if u cant handle clicking on a hero with taser because its too much for u buy a stun baton and just right click on him) and unix is dead in the water for 5 seconds... if u cant kill him in that amount of time im sorry for u.

and int hero has int scaling... who wud of thunk it

If you're going to make snide remarks like that I think you should try another forum.

I said that any caster is countered by taser. The "taser beats it" arguement is simply a terrible argument because almost any hero dies if he gets tased. The only heroes who do NOT almost-always die when tased in a normal situation are the 1-a heroes (shadow, nova) and tanks (most STR heroes). Some heroes can kill you in 0.2 seconds (human reaction time) like cyprus, but otherwise taser is almost always a counter. That, and unix is better at tasing than most people due to impact dial being viable (he can initiate with it from outside of taser range) and burrow.

Taser beats taser.

Unix' sap gets pretty ridiculous in a 1v1 because he can keep sapping no matter how often you disable him (15 second cd, and unix usually builds timescale and CDR), and most heroes do not have hard cc (exceptions are tosh and most initiators other than tassadar). However, in a team fight, there should always be a hero around who can disable unix, so he's not overpowered there (he's actually rather weak in teamfights). In the case described in the OP, the team did get outplayed because the team had Brine (arguably the best cc in the game other than Tosh and maybe drake) and Derpa (built-in taser + taser = double taser).

The question really becomes whether one hero should have such a huge advantage in 1v1 situations, because it's really no fun to lose just because your opponent has a hero that will defeat yours without you being able to do much about it.

How does int unix not die to a competent darpa?

Indeed, if Zero had a decent darpa in his team, they should win the game, I mean, darpa is insane in the late game, he is a very underrated carry, he can take down unix pretty easy, even if unix has electric mantle, darpa can jump each 5 seconds, darpa can silence amplifying physical damage, and every few seconds he just "double shot" with the cindalive clip (or whatever)

Anyway, with parallax, cow can just "ignore" fungal, and run away, you (zero) should buy Impact Dial with cow, is my favourite item for an obvious reason, the mobility it gives to every hero, despite of the bad stats it gives.

If you're going to make snide remarks like that I think you should try another forum.

I said that any caster is countered by taser. The "taser beats it" arguement is simply a terrible argument because almost any hero dies if he gets tased. The only heroes who do NOT almost-always die when tased in a normal situation are the 1-a heroes (shadow, nova) and tanks (most STR heroes). Some heroes can kill you in 0.2 seconds (human reaction time) like cyprus, but otherwise taser is almost always a counter. That, and unix is better at tasing than most people due to impact dial being viable (he can initiate with it from outside of taser range) and burrow.

Taser beats taser.

Unix' sap gets pretty ridiculous in a 1v1 because he can keep sapping no matter how often you disable him (15 second cd, and unix usually builds timescale and CDR), and most heroes do not have hard cc (exceptions are tosh and most initiators other than tassadar). However, in a team fight, there should always be a hero around who can disable unix, so he's not overpowered there (he's actually rather weak in teamfights). In the case described in the OP, the team did get outplayed because the team had Brine (arguably the best cc in the game other than Tosh and maybe drake) and Derpa (built-in taser + taser = double taser).

The question really becomes whether one hero should have such a huge advantage in 1v1 situations, because it's really no fun to lose just because your opponent has a hero that will defeat yours without you being able to do much about it.

if the hero is to strong in a 1v1 situation then dont engage him in a 1v1 situation otherwise stun baton and taser are the way to go. unix is strong but he isnt op and he is fairly easy to counter.

just remembered, im pretty sure u can lockbox the unix or warp shard away to stop his ulti(just as more options for u :) )

A cow cannot kill unix in 5 seconds.

1v2 situation is irrelevant to justzero's discussion.

Lastly DARPA losing to unix is pretty bad :(

either build cow differently or dont engage unix then, not every hero will be able to take on everyother hero when they are equal itemized and skill level. u shouldnt balance the game around the fact that cow cant 1v1 unix because just about any other hero could with the right items.

unless hes playing a 1v1 it is relevant. there is not much difference between telling him to get such and such item and having him get a teammate to help

so true =/