Some late game issue with Tassadar

CheekyKunt

I have played 3 games with Tassadar in IH so far. But probably never again because of his shapty late game.

My build include: FoE, Pyre, Time Splitter, Darwin's Might, Explosive Retrofit, BHM

This gives: 3.4k health, 360 base damage, max attack speed, 45 armour, 161 int

Early/mid game: easy to initiate and grab a few assists because W is still very strong at this point. Also very good a farming because of his Q.

Late game: Q gets in the way of leech. W is no longer effective to heal, but can still be used to slow single targets for the team. E still very useful for shield and movement speed. R doesn't feel so useful anymore because your clone is dead most of the time.

Some suggestions:

1. Can you make it possible to deactivate Q? Maybe I am wrong here though, because BHM works very well with Q. But I feel more leech is important sometimes.

2. Better scaling clones with more HP? Or decrease cool down on his clone summon? I feel the clone is very important to Tassadar because he needs it to initiate safely.

3. Make Tassadar STR for better initiation, or INT for better damage? I'd rather play Micro/Drake for good initiations from early to late game. I'd rather play shadow/toxi/etc. for better damage.

I still fell these aren't all the problems with Tassadar, there's definitely something missing here. It is very heard to explain, but I just feel he can't initiate well or do good damage to help the team during late game. Maybe Whaletits could tell me with a better build. With all due respect, l0v0l keep your spam and nonsense out of this discussion please.

Basically, tass has bad burst damage, a slow that YOU cannot take advantage of so must use for ganks only (DPS too low for teamfights),a relatively short single hero pluck that has a long cooldown, if you only use it safely. As a basic hero, his range is too small, both for laning and being in a fight. His hp is too small, and if you try to boost it in any way, you give up any hope of dealing quasi-acceptable DPS. Late game Tass is only really good at STARTING a fight, by plucking someone into his team (really handy with Jakk remote mines, actually), and maybe slowing that hero before the fight starts.

There is an actual effective way of building him, but I strongly doubt that that was what the devs had planned for him. Basically, you get a lot of Int, and Star Fury, and deal really good burst damage with his Q, and mainly use other spells for utility or getting the Star Fury proc). You also get more shield and clone life this way. You are still squishy, and have pretty bad DPS, but at least you can do noticeable damage in a team fight.

A buff to Tass is strongly called for. What I'd suggest is one of the below:

1: Range buff. Like 5.5 Attack Range would be nice.

2: Change Attribute to STR or INT. Making him deal aa damage with int would help increase his DPS, while making him a STR tank would make his ultimate much more useful, since he could afford to port himself into the middle of an enemy team.

3: Increase starting Mana pool/ lower the costs of Q and E, as you pretty much either port to pool a lot, or save mana for W.

4: Change E. It is somewhat useful, but I always get it last, and even at high levels, everything it gives you is not that useful. Maybe make it a passive. Tass requires a relatively huge amount of positioning and micro already, reducing the workload could go a long way to encourage the average pubber to play him.

5: Make ult stun for a short while after it is used. Yes, free plucks are dangerous to balance, but this is an ultimate for christ's sake.

@Doom: Tassadar's Ultimate is not a free pluck at all. His pluck switches him and his target. Unlike Drake and Boros, who can, from a distance pull units to them, Tassadar has to go into the enemies to pluck.

And if you say "but the clone" then I'll point out that the Clone adds 30%[+ whatever items you have] damage to Tassy-boy-- and can copy all his spells as well, so the sacrifice is totally not free.

@Doom: Tassadar's Ultimate is not a free pluck at all. His pluck switches him and his target. Unlike Drake and Boros, who can, from a distance pull units to them, Tassadar has to go into the enemies to pluck.

And if you say "but the clone" then I'll point out that the Clone adds 30%[+ whatever items you have] damage to Tassy-boy-- and can copy all his spells as well, so the sacrifice is totally not free.

When you have clone active your damage is reduced to about 65% as well... So its not as useful as you make out.

@Doom

If you made him a Strength hero I think his initiation would be too strong, because his Ulti is a garunteed pluck(given they don't go out of range or stun you etc) compared to every other pluck takes a bit of skill and the potential to grab the wrong unit or hero. Granted, his pluck is his Ultimate, so I suppose it's plausible. But I'd dislike to see him changed, I loved his old versions and they have been agility as far as I remember...

Have you tried using TPI or Yamato in conjunction with his Drain/heal?

When you have clone active your damage is reduced to about 65% as well... So its not as useful as you make out.

@Doom

If you made him a Strength hero I think his initiation would be too strong, because his Ulti is a garunteed pluck(given they don't go out of range or stun you etc) compared to every other pluck takes a bit of skill and the potential to grab the wrong unit or hero. Granted, his pluck is his Ultimate, so I suppose it's plausible. But I'd dislike to see him changed, I loved his old versions and they have been agility as far as I remember...

Have you tried using TPI or Yamato in conjunction with his Drain/heal?

One word. Roach. About the drain/ts thing, is it really that strong? I deals pretty bad damage normally, so although I didn't try it, I can't imagine it dealing more than an int/star fury build.

@Fruitninja, the str thing was a suggestion to completely change his roles, thus making him somewhat like Micro was intended, before people did blink>pluck>blink. I do build him Int, but I just don't like a) standing still like a dumbass and having people throw their worst at my immobile squishy b) my only source of damage being countered by taser, which is not that expensive.

Changing him into an initiator would require significantly changing his skill set, so for tassadar players like me this would certainly be unwelcome because if we didn't like him already, there would be no reason to play him.

Just make a new hero if you like his concept, changing his main attribute would require INT tass to build more weapon speed to be as effective as he is now.

He's a very unique hero and I would hate to see him become specialized in just one role.

@Doom

Yes but Brine has a shorter range on his pluck and it is determined by his movement speed and he can't drag people over cliffs(I believe).

Also, so you don't like playing Unix I take it? Haha, because that's the exact situation you described...

I hate unix. The marines are the only skill that is somewhat fun to me.

As for Brine, Impact Dial helps increases the range a lot..... although last I tried it, it was against Adversary, who was rolling a 4 man premade against my team of one. He said it was bm, increasing the pluck range with impact dial, and that it was "gonna get fixed". This startled me so much, that I didn't even reply with "ahem, who's bm'ing me, or the guy pubstomping with sentry and almost a full premade?"

@Doom

Haha, yea I'd have to agree with your situation there...

What's really bm is Unix with taser and impact dial. He'll taser you before ultimate, then impact dial closer to you when you can move again all without breaking his ultimate.

Only your Weapon Damage is reduced to 65%. Your clone also has 65% Weapon Damage. This adds linearly, making you do 130% Weapon Damage; and spells from both you and the clone do full damage.

I already accounted for that. P:

@Doom: Adversary will be Adversary. Sentry is ridiculous =\

Only your Weapon Damage is reduced to 65%. Your clone also has 65% Weapon Damage. This adds linearly, making you do 130% Weapon Damage; and spells from both you and the clone do full damage.

I already accounted for that. P:

I was under the impression clone did 35% weapon damage.

As for Brine, Impact Dial helps increases the range a lot..... although last I tried it, it was against Adversary, who was rolling a 4 man premade against my team of one. He said it was bm, increasing the pluck range with impact dial, and that it was "gonna get fixed". This startled me so much, that I didn't even reply with "ahem, who's bm'ing me, or the guy pubstomping with sentry and almost a full premade?"

I was in that game and asked several times why it was bm to get a dial on roach, and never got an answer.

As to tass, he seems to weak at any role, although he can be a great pusher.

I tried INT Tassadar in my first IH game and it didn't work so well. Someone will always cancel your W in team fight, and it doesn't heal enough even when you get to cast it. Plus, the HP is too low to stay alive to contribute enough to team fights. Even with high INT, I feel his damage output is quite bad. He still ends up being having poor DPS and poor initiation. Of course, INT works well in pubs, but I'm wondering if there's a way to make him more useful for IH games.

I think this is why Tassadar might be better being an INT hero. He get more physical damage from staking INT items. This way, you can have some decent damage output on him while maintaining a good HP pool. He needs this HP pool to double swap (the second swap puts you closer to enemies) and to deal damage to enemies in a team fight (Tassadar has very short weapon range, and a lot of his damage comes from spells).

That, or make Tassadar STR. This way he'll have better physical damage and more HP. I think staking AGI on him is quite useless, so he ends up relying on a lot of spell damage instead of physical. Then he cannot sustain in team fights from leech. I don't know... but it's weird that Tassadar is AGI.

Anyway, I think the old Tassadar was stronger and much funner to play, although I haven't played IH back then.

Tass can push two lanes at once, can initiate (but not as often as dedicated initiators like micro), and can put out quite a bit of damage if he can get into position. The problem is that he's melee, but he would be OP if he was ranged.

Since when did Tass become melee?