Building Tassadar

RecKlesS

Start with battery(+6dmg, + 1 mana regen), teleport and health pot. First skill must be W. Then you go on short lane to tank spawn. When naturals spawned use 2 W on 1 murder(he will die), than split your clone from tank splash and focus second murder, than tank(you can heal back with W on tank). At lane farm and get lighting rod(it proc on your clone too), you can get saber for leech and +5min, than depend on situation you get revolver(if you are winning and don't need tankiness) or pulse hammer(if you need more health). Now you farm for pyre, time splitter or HoM(both of them, but in your order) upgrade pulse hammer to FoE and revolver too BHM. Now you can sell lighting rod for situational item or get more dps.

I agree, i usually go leeching saber for the leech and minerals, W is the first skill you should get as capricorn, many people get Q but it drains energy very quickly. Force of entropy and starsfury/bhm is a must, pyre (procs on clone), lighting rod is great for farming along with clone. Some items I also get for fun are bandits arifice (3 clones) and nitrogen retrofit for the slow on your W, along wit added slow from your Q procs making it hard to run away from you.

Start with battery(+6dmg, + 1 mana regen), teleport and health pot.

Battery? No, no, no. That is literally the worst item in the game. Why get battery just for its +1 energy regen when you can spend 50 minerals on an energy pot that restores 500 energy?

I cannot emphasize enough just how bad space battery is. You need to start out with a Duran's Machete to get some extra health (and much more damage than a space battery), as well as lifesteal.

tass was more fun in SOTIS

I felt he was actually quite boring back then. May have been because his illusions were nerfed to become the weakest summons in the game for a long period of time though.

Anyway, what are your opinions on Stun Baton and Silver Soul on Tass? I was trying those out one Tass in a pub and they made him really good at chasing due to the stuns and almost constant +15% movespeed from Q proccing Siver Soul.

I find tassadar very boring to play unless I am near full items (Stun Baton, Pyre, Shadowmourne, Bandit's Artifice, Arcbound, and other). Then i can have 3 clones stun locking the enemy :D. But it takes forever to get there and majority of games don't get there because my team owns to hard, or gets owned to hard and surrenders.

Battery? No, no, no. That is literally the worst item in the game. Why get battery just for its +1 energy regen when you can spend 50 minerals on an energy pot that restores 500 energy?

I cannot emphasize enough just how bad space battery is. You need to start out with a Duran's Machete to get some extra health (and much more damage than a space battery), as well as lifesteal.

Pot restores only 250 energy and battery isn't bad. Its quite cheap, gives Regen to your lane partner too, and can be upgraded into Kinetic or Eternal Drive!

With Machete you max. get a teleport, no money for mana pot...

tass was more fun in SOTIS

Yes, old Tass was also more fun to me.

Black hole or start fury

Silver soul

Stun rod

Lighting rod

Leech item or galactic defense thing..

So, very aggro but squishy.

Another build.

Nitrogen

Start fury or black hole

Cebro

Shadowmour

Khali

galactic

Infinite slow plus critic plus infinite Q

Infinit proc black hole or start fury

Support build

Aw.. I became too lazy to type it out

Gg

I build him as a hybrid caster since his HP reduces weapon damage (for BHM) but doesn't reduce INT. Q spam and Starfury on him can deal a lot of damage, your W also does quite a lot over time, and you get loads of shields with E and 500~ INT.

I haven't tried lightning rod yet, though. Might be a better choice than nitrofit if health is needed. Also I've yet to try cerebro but I imagine that might be really helpful.

As for starting items, I usually take the long lane because nobody else does in pubs (selfish bastards) and so I used to get a sustainer + pots so I can keep up with being harassed. Though W is nice for healing, so instead of a sustainer I could grab a load of energy pots and a spade for +10 damage.

I build him more for tankiness and utility than anything else. The thing you have to realize about him when creating a build is deciding whether to build him for AA damage or focus more on using his W as a support skill for your team. Later on in the game his W is largely useless if he does not have the raw tankability to sustain damage while casting it because while he is casting it he is a sitting duck.

I myself build him for pure tank as his R combined with his W makes him as good a puller as Micro. With a small hadron collider you can double pull with little risk to yourself as you first use your illusion to pull a hero, then when it dies you use Tass himself to swap spots with the target you are pulling and then use SHC to warp back to your original position and then cast your W on the target.

So the build I use is:

Superheated Mantle - Helps you efficiently farm creep waves as your Q plus mantle burn will last hit almost everything in the lane.

Barbed Plating - Using your W against AA heroes increases your effective hit points which is important for barbed plating to do its job.

Ihan Crystal - Get this item for the int which scales your Q and W and the health.

Small Hadron Collider - Get it for reasons mentioned above.

Organic Carapace - You will have a large health pool so sustain is important with this item. Plus raw health is important as a tank when using barbed as offensive item.

Nitrogen Refit - Makes your W have an even more slowing effect. Also gives you a nice slow aura with superheated mantle for chasing enemies down and maintaining chase after you pull them.

Lifetech Nanosuit - Gives some spell resist, health, and a really strong passive when you have 5K health. In effect this turns your 5k health into 6500 health. Add on the health drain from your W and in a typical engagement you will have around 8K effective hit points.

Superheated Mantle - Helps you efficiently farm creep waves as your Q plus mantle burn will last hit almost everything in the lane.

Barbed Plating - Using your W against AA heroes increases your effective hit points which is important for barbed plating to do its job.

Small Hadron Collider - Get it for reasons mentioned above.

Organic Carapace - You will have a large health pool so sustain is important with this item. Plus raw health is important as a tank when using barbed as offensive item.

Your solution to all heroes

Another good AA build I just came up with exploits the OPness of stun baton. Stun baton procs on illusions so if you use Tassadar's illusion and the illusion from Bandit's Artifice you can essentially permastun a single target. Only used it in a few games, but it really pisses people off cause it gives you a similiar ability as Tosh with spectres spamming W over and over again.

So try:

Superheated Mantle - Illusions do the full 40 DPS so you do 120 DPS with tassadar just by being near enemies.

Pyre - No need to explain why you get this.

Stun Baton - Permastun with three illusions.

Bandits Artifice - Already explained.

Parallax Generator - Kinda key to AA tass as getting debuffed wrecks your day. Also you don't want Tassadar or his illusions getting focus fired (so they all stay around longer), so this is a great item since it works on his illusions as well.

Organic Carapace - You will be taking a lot of damage and you kinda need this item so you dont have to make trips back to the pool all the time as even though you can completely neutralize an enemy hero, they tend to have allies that can hurt you pretty bad especially since you have no lifesteal in this build. You can try a darwin's might instead or a force of entropy and hope you can heal yourself up enough on creeps with your W, but in general I think carapace is the way to go.

|OvO|, SHM damage doesn't stack. ._.

Organic is bad on Tassadar as well-- the clone doesn't benefit from it at all.

I build Tassadar with... INT, mostly. He makes really devastating combos with Star's Fury and if you get a lot of INT-- since that's not reduced when your Clone attacks-- you can deal TONS of damage (almost double that of any other hero).

=\ Then again last time I tried that I got wtfbqqpwnt early game and late-game never comes around in pubs.

I know this really isn't a build but does anyone else notice that tass can be super cheap with defense matrix and his ulti plus clone. just ulti the enemy hero, use defense matrix, then ulti him again with your clone and the guy is dead.

Any hero with a pluck can be called "super cheap" and do this. Which is why you will see Micro's, LZ, Drake, Boros, Vorpal, Brine, and Tassadar's sometimes get this for that reason. Also why they usually go middle or short lane, to have the creep fight closer to their tower.

@Lovol

It baffles me how Support-built your item builds are, for the fact that you don't play IH. I find playing support heroes in pubs pointless and usually loses me the game because I never get a good team TO support...

Pot restores only 250 energy and battery isn't bad. Its quite cheap, gives Regen to your lane partner too, and can be upgraded into Kinetic or Eternal Drive!

Afaik ENERGY potions are actually bugged and generate ~500 energy for you, instead of 250. It's in Whaletits' big bug list I think.

Superheated Mantle - Illusions do the full 40 DPS so you do 120 DPS with tassadar just by being near enemies.

Pyre - No need to explain why you get this.

Stun Baton - Permastun with three illusions.

Bandits Artifice - Already explained.

Parallax Generator - Kinda key to AA tass as getting debuffed wrecks your day. Also you don't want Tassadar or his illusions getting focus fired (so they all stay around longer), so this is a great item since it works on his illusions as well.

Organic Carapace - You will be taking a lot of damage and you kinda need this item so you dont have to make trips back to the pool all the time as even though you can completely neutralize an enemy hero, they tend to have allies that can hurt you pretty bad especially since you have no lifesteal in this build. You can try a darwin's might instead or a force of entropy and hope you can heal yourself up enough on creeps with your W, but in general I think carapace is the way to go.

I actually don't mind this build, although as a final build I would probably have:

Stun Baton

Pyre

Bandits

Nitrogen Retrofit

Starsfury

Then the last item would depend on the enemy a bit, but maybe a Lightning Rod, Parallax Gen, Silver Soul, CoA or a FoE. Or maybe even that INT item which converts your spell damage to true damage (is it gravity edge??) if they are stacking spell resist, as I assume that would affect the spell damage from Pyre, stun baton, starsfury etc. And then would your clones also be dealing partial true damage maybe...?

Can someone confirm this at all? Whether Gravity Edge(??) affects the spell damage from items such as Pyre, Starsfury, SHM etc.?? Or prove that it doesn't haha.

Edit: And what about Explosive Retrofit? I would assume that the clones proc that too, so it could be an option if your focusing more on weapon damage instead of INT.

- Explosive doesn't stack really good on Tass illusion or with Bandict's as both has reduced weapon damage.

- Stun Baton is nice idea as it statisticaly gives u stun every second shot.

- SHM works on your illusion as well and it is usually first item I get on Tass. U can easily push two lanes at the same item with it

- Retrofit is great on Tass, especially when u carrying SHC

- Star's Fury > BHM, as illusion doesn't reduce INT attribute

- Any stacks from items like Valors, Olympic Torch, Ihan and so on doesn't work on his illusion.

- Forget about any weapon damage items or criticals, get Pyre for dps instead

So for Tass I would build:

- SHM

- Retrofit

- Pyre

- YR/Argus Crystal

- FoE / TimeSplitter

- Star's Fury

Or more troll:

- SHM

- Retrofit

- Stun Baton

- Bandict's

- Pyre

- Star's Fury

However during inhouses I would build full support with some pushing power:

- SHM

- Retrofit

- CoA

- Taser

- Spell Buffer / Korhal (on of it should get your main tank)

- Electric Mantle / Organic Carpace

Pot restores 500 energy. There is a discrepancy between what the tooltip says (250) and how much it actually restores. If you don't believe me, you're more than welcome to check WhaleTits' list of bugs.

And battery is bad. It's cheap, but gives you virtually nothing. If you're playing against people who are even half decent, you will need more starting health. I'm sure as Tass with no starting health item (and likely no fortitude talent, as pubs rarely use it), you'll only have about 600 health. My Toxi build could kill somebody with 600 health with all of five auto-attacks during the first 10 minutes of the game.