Zeratul

NoTpErFecT

Zera is really one of those practice makes perfect. ive seen some ppl go with a crit build on him, works well, build like u would nova, BHM(makes ur Q really hurt), 2 khali blades, arcbound, time spliter, darwin might. when possible dont start off with ur Q, sneak behind them and get ur first attack in, then as they try and run, or attack back, Q. try ur best not to use ur ulti until u need it, or if ur low on hp and so are they ulti to heal back up with ur leech.

Valor Manifest - Phase cloak - Ocelot revolver - Shinobi Style - Black Hole Magnum - Pyre - Phantom Menace - Hand of Mengsk - (sell Valor's fully stacked if possible, you will have the agi) Time Splitter

I dont think that wiuld be nearly as effective as selling a fully stacked Ihan becuase the stacks still dissapear on death, do they not?

I believe organic carapace is better than Darwin's on zera

I don't think so.

You have less damage and can't heal during combat, what means that you always only can engange on one enemy and then have to retreat instead of helping the whole team fight.

Even though you have more health, it only helps you against burst mainly from casters, but with Darwin's active you can have way more effective life. And Glutton's Bite is a really good and cheap component! ;-)

I don't think so.

You have less damage and can't heal during combat, what means that you always only can engange on one enemy and then have to retreat instead of helping the whole team fight.

Even though you have more health, it only helps you against burst mainly from casters, but with Darwin's active you can have way more effective life. And Glutton's Bite is a really good and cheap component! ;-)

The biggest difference between darwins and carapace, is that carapace is a mid game item, and darwins is a late game item. Darwin's is pretty bad unless you have 4 or 5 slots (aka 5 or 6 slots, Darwin's included). I would say carapace is better on Zeratul, and when you eventually reach the point where Darwin's is better, you replace it.

I don't think so.

My theory is that zeratul should be used to hit and run and not for sustained dps his only skill that provides stickablity is his ulti which you don't really need leech during

when yall say "fully stacked", what does that mean?

Valors Manifest gives the user stacks of agility and wep dmg. (Not sure on the exact numbers.) Although it caps at 5 stacks. When we say fully stacked we mean once you have the full 5 stacks.

Edit: It only gives you agility.

I dont think that wiuld be nearly as effective as selling a fully stacked Ihan becuase the stacks still dissapear on death, do they not?

you can do it 2, but i prefer 100 agi even if i loose it in death than int, maybe i could buy that item for the 350 hp but anyway ihan on zeratul... i dont like it

My favourite build is Manifest, Pyre, Black Hole Magnum, Darwin's Might, Yamato Reactor and Masamune. Yamato is awesome with Zeratul, his weapon speed is like 0.20 with it including the Masamune passive. With this build you don't have criticals but instead rely on the spell damage of back stab and pyre along with your physical damage. He's not weak right now, you just have to practice Planar's and the positioning of your ultimate. Once this is mastered Zeratul is super deadly and can support very well in team fights. Also if you're having trouble with initiation, try using planar to jump in instead of Q as it's a lot faster and the enemy will have more difficulty to react. If they survived then just use your Q to take down the survivors.

Superheated Mantle

Pyre

Organic Carapace

Barbed Plating

Parallax Generator

Small Hadron Collider

The order of the items depends on what I need first. For example if there is a Rory in the game I get parallax. In general I get parallax because it gives you free backstabs when you cloak (hero loses focus) as well as the fact I am always in the thick of things and it is hard to focus fire a hero that goes invisible frequently. If the enemy has detection, well then they are the ones you focus on killing first. Barbed plating is great because you have over 50 armor which means AA heroes do more damage to themselves than they do to you (barbed returns 30% but you only take 20%), and superheated is a nice aura to have around in battle but also necessary for farming since your AA gear won't be as strong as with a typical Zera build. Organic Carapace is for raw health and sustain and SHC is for an extra jump which in effect allows you to literally almost instantly hop across the screen and catch any fleeing hero by using planar void, SHC, and then phase strike in succession. You can also use it to escape tough situations when planar void is on cooldown. I also get ihan somewhere in this build (usually after pyre but before carapace) for the mana pool and extra health since I am constantly using all my skills all the time. This is a melee build so the idea is to wear down the enemy and not use your ultimate till you can guarantee yourself a kill, though some games 75% of my kills come from simple melee skill and not through freezing an enemy hero and doing all of the damage there. Also, since I don't need my ult as much, I encourage allies to use my chronosphere for its various team uses such as Kerrigan casting her ult on top of an enemy team snared in the chronosphere.

you can do it 2, but i prefer 100 agi even if i loose it in death than int, maybe i could buy that item for the 350 hp but anyway ihan on zeratul... i dont like it

I wasn't suggesting that you get Ihan on Zeratul, i was just making the comparison between selling Valors on zera, and selling Ihan on any int hero.

Superheated Mantle

Pyre

Organic Carapace

Barbed Plating

Parallax Generator

Small Hadron Collider

The order of the items depends on what I need first. For example if there is a Rory in the game I get parallax. In general I get parallax because it gives you free backstabs when you cloak (hero loses focus) as well as the fact I am always in the thick of things and it is hard to focus fire a hero that goes invisible frequently. If the enemy has detection, well then they are the ones you focus on killing first. Barbed plating is great because you have over 50 armor which means AA heroes do more damage to themselves than they do to you (barbed returns 30% but you only take 20%), and superheated is a nice aura to have around in battle but also necessary for farming since your AA gear won't be as strong as with a typical Zera build. Organic Carapace is for raw health and sustain and SHC is for an extra jump which in effect allows you to literally almost instantly hop across the screen and catch any fleeing hero by using planar void, SHC, and then phase strike in succession. You can also use it to escape tough situations when planar void is on cooldown. I also get ihan somewhere in this build (usually after pyre but before carapace) for the mana pool and extra health since I am constantly using all my skills all the time. This is a melee build so the idea is to wear down the enemy and not use your ultimate till you can guarantee yourself a kill, though some games 75% of my kills come from simple melee skill and not through freezing an enemy hero and doing all of the damage there. Also, since I don't need my ult as much, I encourage allies to use my chronosphere for its various team uses such as Kerrigan casting her ult on top of an enemy team snared in the chronosphere.

Seriously, what the flob is this crap. Please don't take advice from any of this junk... Wow

Stack anything that maxes attack speed and damage. Go tanky dps if they have good crowd control from a distance like raynor rancor or burst like cyprus or boros. Get a warp shard end game to close the gap or run away if you need that extra mobility. Its all based on positioning and waiting to assassinate the enemy carry or positioning the ulti for a team to take advantage of. I think that's what owl is trying to say. The items are a little too specific but he has the basic idea.

Why would anyone get Valor's Manifest any more. Such a shap item now

Hey, if you can manage to not die, while participating in killing enemies, you can get +100 AGI for 700 minerals (Sell it). I have gotten it on zeratul before, but I haven't really tested it in an inhouse since he always seems to get raped. In pubs, it works just fine.

Hey, if you can manage to not die, while participating in killing enemies, you can get +100 AGI for 700 minerals (Sell it). I have gotten it on zeratul before, but I haven't really tested it in an inhouse since he always seems to get raped. In pubs, it works just fine.

Uhhhhhhhhhh are you sure? I thought Valors worked like Blue gene and Olympic torch such that when your hero dies you lose the stacks? Oh. But you're saying if you have 5 stacks and never die you'll get the 100 AGI and 700 mins? .... That's like saying you'll go through a whole game with 5 stacks of INT on blue gene with a squishy ass rancor in an inhouse game.