Current IH state on NA

Adversary

6 auto bans, and 3 global bans for each team. That's a total of 12 hero bans. Almost a third of the total hero pool. This is flobing ridiculous. You're going to get the same heroes every game, seeing that the players right now in NA do not know how to play much heroes and the same heroes are going to get banned every game. I refuse to play IH at the moment, just because of 12 bans and certain heroes are imbalanced with these new items.

6 auto bans, and 3 global bans for each team. That's a total of 12 hero bans. Almost a third of the total hero pool. This is flobing ridiculous. You're going to get the same heroes every game, seeing that the players right now in NA do not know how to play much heroes and the same heroes are going to get banned every game. I refuse to play IH at the moment, just because of 12 bans and certain heroes are imbalanced with these new items.

So, to be clear, you would prefer that every game both teams end up playing something along the lines of Drake, Vorpal, Vergil, Jackson, and Shadow?

If you don't want bans then I am just going to get my team to pick these super OP comps every game and you'll have to also or you will lose. So bans or no, you may as well not play either way.

Edit: Isn't a better solution pushing the devs to balance more appropriately?

Ironically, at least some of the autobans have given us more variety in IH team comp (as if it should be surprising that people play unbalanced heroes if you let them). While I agree that banning about a third of the hero pool is crazy, until certain balance adjustments are made I don't think that reducing the number of auto bans will make anything better. However, at least in some cases I wouldn't mind reducing the number of discretionary bans, perhaps to 2G or 1G1T, until we have a smaller list of autobanned heroes.

I disagree with the way in which your math functions, adversary. I don't think that we should consider the auto'd heroes as part of the "hero pool," given that they're pretty much a hero pool themselves.

What we really have is 6 total hero bans and 30-something (or so) heroes.

Plus, you're kidding yourself if you think that the auto'd heroes wouldn't be played in every single game if they weren't auto'd.

I disagree with the way in which your math functions, adversary. I don't think that we should consider the auto'd heroes as part of the "hero pool," given that they're pretty much a hero pool themselves.

Plus, you're kidding yourself if you think that the auto'd heroes wouldn't be played in every single game if they weren't auto'd.

You reckon Tychus would see play every game? He's like the definition of boring.

There is 38 heroes I believe, 6 are auto'd and 6 are global banned. That leaves us with only 26 heroes to choose from. Most of which are not chosen in NA inhouses due to the lack of skill/ knowledge on how to play them. Most people only know how to play OP heroes, and if we allow those we will see better games. Right now the games are dragged out way too long, simply because the heroes played require items to win. Example: Boros, Kerrigan, Darpa, Erekul, Shadow,etc....

Or Egon, or Null, or Biotron...

Egon was the exception. He was, however, played a lot by winning teams in the tournament. However, null and biotron were present in almost every IH where they were not explicitly banned (before being auto banned), and tychus was present in most games where he wasn't banned once we figured out how to exploit his abilities in IH (again, before he was auto banned).