10/04/2012

- Hero creation began

- ulti baneling lasts 15 seconds down from 20

Overlord_SC2_DevRend2.jpg

Name: Floater.McGarble

Unit Base: Overlord

Unit Portrait: Overlord

Type: ranged support Caster

Script: For some reason i find it very difficult to come up with a backstory for zerg heros :( also names are very hard as well.

Starting Stats:Base

Health [248]

Movement Speed [2.75]

Attack Range [4](green ball like ones used by the guardian from ScBW)

Attack Speed [1.95]

Base Damage [35(+15 from last patch)]

Base Armor [1]

Strength – [28] + [4]

Agility – [24] + [4]

Intelligence – [36] + [7]

--

Abilities:

Heroic Passive: Comfy Carrier

McGarble is one of the many overlords that is capable of carring units arround and he doest mind giving other players a ride, even without asking. [Just one at a time pease :)]. Allied heros can Right click on McGrable to hop in for a comfy ride. doing so reduces Mcgarbles movement speed by 20% but gives him 20% dmg resist. The allied hero inside McGarble gain 2(+1*Lv) health regeneration.

Energy Cost: n/a

Cooldown: n/a

Range: n/a

--

Ability One: Contaminate

McGarble spews A vile liquid on the target unit causing all of their Abilities to cost double the amount and to have a longer cd if used during the duration of Contaminate. (similar to Virons ability)

Energy Cost: 100/110/120/130

Cooldown: 18/17/16/15 seconds

Range: 8

Level 1: Ability has 150% longer cd and Contaminate lasts 4 seconds

Level 2: Ability has 200% longer cd and Contaminate lasts 5 seconds

Level 3: Ability has 250% longer cd and Contaminate lasts 6 seconds

Level 4: Ability has 300% longer cd and Contaminate lasts 7 seconds

--

Ability two: Energy Shield

McGarble drains energy from an enemy hero within 8 units. once Mcgarble has drained the energy from a target enemy hero he can activate Energy Shield again and give sheilds to a friendly unit equal to the amount of energy drained. While that ally has shields remaining they will have increased energy regeneration.

Energy Cost: 80/110/140/170

Cooldown: 30 seconds

Range: 8

Level 1: drains 6% of targets current energy and Shielded ally regenerates .25% of their total energy per second

Level 2: drains 10% of targets current energy and Shielded ally regenerates .5% of their total energy per second

Level 3: drains 14% of targets current energy and Shielded ally regenerates .75% of their total energy per second

Level 4: drains 18% of targets current energy and Shielded ally regenerates 1% of their total energy per second

Note: The ability cd will not start back up again until McGarble has given a shield to someone. So u can imidiatly drain energy and place a shield on someone right after or drain and then wait 20 minutes but either way McGarble will not be able to drain for another 30 seconds after casting the Shield part of the ability.

--

Ability Three: Decoy Overlords

McGarble Summons some of his larger brotheren to fly above an ally hero making them very difficult to target. Overlords are slightly larger than usual overlords, have 70 health, 80% spell resist, a movement speed of 4, and will follow the target hero around and try to stay on top of them.(Overlord spawns next to McGarble and wil then float over to the target hero)

Energy Cost: 60/80/100/120

Cooldown: 11/10/9/8

Range: 15

Level 1: 1 charge, each charge spawns 3 overlords

Level 2: 2 charges, each charge spawns 4 overlords

Level 3: 3 charges, each charge spawns 5 overlords

Level 4: 4 charges, each charge spawns 6 overlords

Note: overlords would try to spread out to gain maximum coverage of the target unit.

--

Ultimate Ability: The Big One

McGarble Channels for 2 seconds then Drops a massive Baneling(roughly the size of a lv 16 micro). This baneling has a movement speed of 2, 100 hp, 100% physical resist, has no auto attack, deals dmg in a 15 unit aoe area when it dies, and lasts for 15 seconds at all levels.(The baneling will not deal the dmg if its timer expires)

Energy Cost: 200/300/400

Cooldown: 90/75/60 seconds

Range: self

Level 1: Baneling deals 500 true dmg to all units in the 15 unit area when it dies

Level 2: Baneling deals 1000 true dmg to all units in the 15 unit area when it dies

Level 3: Baneling deals 1500 true dmg to all units in the 15 unit area when it dies

Note- The baneling must be destroyed by the enemy team to make it explode and deal dmg.

--

Additional Information

-McGarble is an anti caster hero that can support his team with great lane sustain and protection from the other teams casters.

--

Closing statement

Thanks for reading, and please make a constructive comment \ suggestion!

Woah. 300% increased cooldown? So 4x longer cooldown? Cast this on a MAAR before he teleports. BOOM 20 minute ulti cooldown. Other than that, it's quite a cool hero. I can imagine the ulti being pretty funny when enemy heroes start fleeing after you drop it.

virons old skill made Cd's 4 times longer and it affected more than one person and was more spammable. and the other team doesnt have to run away from the baneling. it wont die uless the other team targets it with a ability or it gets hit by an aoe ability(this being the most likely way for the baneling to die). in most cases the ulti wont actually do any dmg but it will either prevent an engagement or prevent aoe casters from doing anything in a team fight.

what is this ridiculous 1500 true damage screen size aoe nuke? i sense the hardest counter to super heated mantle possible... i think you are severely underestimating the amount of aoe spells flying across the screen if your only giving it 50 hp, though it would be hilarious to see in action

oh there is no underestimation ;) it has 50 hp on purpose ^_^ i think they just shouldnt buy mantle and use less aoe ;)

Edit: look on the bright side :) the dmg from his ulti doesnt scale ^_^

Oh... No scale for any ability? So he will be build straight tank with aura items. I don't know is it good or bad.... For me it is good.

And so LOL ultimate XD.

Question:

Third ability has 5 charges. So you can spawn 5 overlords in one time or you can have only 1 overlord and respawn it after death without CD 5 times?

Oh... No scale for any ability? So he will be build straight tank with aura items. I don't know is it good or bad.... For me it is good.

And so LOL ultimate XD.

Question:

Third ability has 5 charges. So you can spawn 5 overlords in one time or you can have only 1 overlord and respawn it after death without CD 5 times?

yes he is a support that would help your team win by disabling the other teams casters.

u can spawn 5 overlords in quick succession like grunty shotgun, even putting muliple on one hero so that its difficult for casters like system and rancor to target the hero due to overlord interference lul ^_^

For zergs you can compose any story you want... **** was the smallest egg in "childhood". When he morphed he became ugliest overlord and all other zergs were teasing him. Once he became so angry, that he killed small zergling. All swarm accused him and he was expelled.... Wandering on forests he became more clever and mutated in himself new abilities. And now he is here, in AoS!!!

Zerg stories are always easy to come up with. Just use the generic "Zerg X was a specially mutated Zerg which gained intelligence and broke free of the Swarm". Or you can just copy some random hero backstory and replace the names with your hero's.

"McGarble is the great half-god, half-Zerg king that ruled the Char city-state of Uruk, the capital city of ancient Koprulu, in the years before Tassadar. He was an ultimate, transcendent being so divine as to be two thirds god and one third Zerg, and no others in the world could match him. He was a despot possessing high divinity who believed he was invincible. He is not merely a legend, and is said to have actually existed and ruled during the Char Dynasty five thousand years ago. He was the King of Zerg who possessed all things in the world, whose tale is recorded in Zergkind's oldest epic poem, the "Epic of McGarble" which portrays McGarble as a hero, destined to be king and achieve great feats, who is driven to meet his destiny, facing challenges together with his best friend Udikne."

Here is some lore for you about Floater.McGarble

Floater.McGarble is the last of his kind, he was originally created by the cerebrate Zerus as an offensive bomber but was decommissioned upon the creation of the overseer. when Kerrigan took over the swarm and destroyed the cerebrates, Floater.McGarble having been decommissioned was not transfered to Kerrigan and as such does not have to obey her orders. Kerrigan not liking this sent a fleet of mutalisks to take out Floater.McGarble but they were defeated. showing such great power Kerrigan Commissioned Floater.McGarble as a general for the swarm.

Hope this works for you :D

• 4 weeks later...

I like this idea and I love overlords, but I think you need to refine it a bit. First let me help you with the lore-

Overlord.Yggdrasil, name taken from the Overlord hero which was hidden in the editor in SC1 and Broodwar.

Backstory- Yggdrasil was a legendary overlord, known for making the best crackling drops in the sector. Kerrigan cast him out after the invention of nydus canals, considering him obsolete. Now Yggdrasil has come to the Sanctum to take his revenge on kerrigan, and to investigate whispered rumors of a powerful new breed of crackling.

Heroic Passive (comfy Carrier)- I love this concept, but I think you haven't fully considered the ramifications. I think he shouldn't get slowed by 20%, but shouldn't get the resist either. Also I think you need to change the regen to 1% of total health, to make it more meaningful on all heroes. The reason I don't think he should get slowed is that people could just load into him without asking and slow him down causing rage. Also, it should be an active (requiring a passenger) that increases your speed by 50% for 5 seconds and allows you to move up cliffs. Would have a talent-like cool down (300 seconds)

Contaminate- +1 to this, but I think it should also act as a pseudo-silencer by also canceling any casts made during the duration- basically if you try to cast an ability, it doesn't cast AND you get a huge cool down.

Energy shield- I like it, but I think that the % you gave it is too low. Consider that early game heroes have about 400 energy, late game around 1250. Perhaps 6% +4% per level is better.

Decoy Overlord- A unit flying over a hero won't really stop people from targeting it. I think the overlord should take the damage from enemy abilities/attacks directed towards the protected hero. Obviously it would need to be tougher- How about 300 health+150 per ability level, +75 per hero level, and give the overlord 50% spell resist.

The Big One- You need to work on this. lol. Your massive baneling would never be able to catch anyone unless they actually ran into it. Also I don't think you realize just how big an aoe with 15 unit radius is. That's like half the distance between the mid lane and one of the side lanes.

I think you can rework this-

Ultimate-Overlord Strike- Yggdrasil calls on his tribe of outcast overlords to show these noobs what a real zergdrop is like. The wave of overlords blots out the sky, forcing the enemy warriors to fight in the shade, therefore slowing their Time Scale, Movement Speed and Attack Speed by 25%. The overlords drop a payload of ferocious Mini Lurkers.

Mini lurkers are evil melee creatures, twisted by their disappointment at being replaced by an exploding green blob. They have 500(+100 per level) health, 3 (+0.5 per ability level) movement speed, 100 (+50 per ability level) damage, and 1 (-0.1 per ability level) attack speed. Mini Lurkers last 15(+3 per level) seconds.

5 overlords, each drops one Mini Lurker.

Note that the lurkers have high health but no spell resist. Upon casting the ability, once the lurkers are dropped, the overlord and the lurkers are selected (overriding hero lock).

EDIT- the Spore Cannon attack animation probably suits your needs for the overlord attack.

I like this idea and I love overlords, but I think you need to refine it a bit. First let me help you with the lore-

Overlord.Yggdrasil, name taken from the Overlord hero which was hidden in the editor in SC1 and Broodwar.

Backstory- Yggdrasil was a legendary overlord, known for making the best crackling drops in the sector. Kerrigan cast him out after the invention of nydus canals, considering him obsolete. Now Yggdrasil has come to the Sanctum to take his revenge on kerrigan, and to investigate whispered rumors of a powerful new breed of crackling.

Heroic Passive (comfy Carrier)- I love this concept, but I think you haven't fully considered the ramifications. I think he shouldn't get slowed by 20%, but shouldn't get the resist either. Also I think you need to change the regen to 1% of total health, to make it more meaningful on all heroes. The reason I don't think he should get slowed is that people could just load into him without asking and slow him down causing rage. Also, it should be an active (requiring a passenger) that increases your speed by 50% for 5 seconds and allows you to move up cliffs. Would have a talent-like cool down (300 seconds)

Contaminate- +1 to this, but I think it should also act as a pseudo-silencer by also canceling any casts made during the duration- basically if you try to cast an ability, it doesn't cast AND you get a huge cool down.

Energy shield- I like it, but I think that the % you gave it is too low. Consider that early game heroes have about 400 energy, late game around 1250. Perhaps 6% +4% per level is better.

Decoy Overlord- A unit flying over a hero won't really stop people from targeting it. I think the overlord should take the damage from enemy abilities/attacks directed towards the protected hero. Obviously it would need to be tougher- How about 300 health+150 per ability level, +75 per hero level, and give the overlord 50% spell resist.

The Big One- You need to work on this. lol. Your massive baneling would never be able to catch anyone unless they actually ran into it. Also I don't think you realize just how big an aoe with 15 unit radius is. That's like half the distance between the mid lane and one of the side lanes.

I think you can rework this-

Ultimate-Overlord Strike- Yggdrasil calls on his tribe of outcast overlords to show these noobs what a real zergdrop is like. The wave of overlords blots out the sky, forcing the enemy warriors to fight in the shade, therefore slowing their Time Scale, Movement Speed and Attack Speed by 25%. The overlords drop a payload of ferocious Mini Lurkers.

Mini lurkers are evil melee creatures, twisted by their disappointment at being replaced by an exploding green blob. They have 500(+100 per level) health, 3 (+0.5 per ability level) movement speed, 100 (+50 per ability level) damage, and 1 (-0.1 per ability level) attack speed. Mini Lurkers last 15(+3 per level) seconds.

5 overlords, each drops one Mini Lurker.

Note that the lurkers have high health but no spell resist. Upon casting the ability, once the lurkers are dropped, the overlord and the lurkers are selected (overriding hero lock).

EDIT- the Spore Cannon attack animation probably suits your needs for the overlord attack.

i dont have time to respond to all of your post now but i do like a lot of the suggestions u gave.

however one thing maybe i need to clarify is the ultimate ability. the banling doesnt run into someone to do dmg the other team has to kill it. and yes i realize how big 15 units is :D the purpose is to make it so the other team cant use aeo spells for a short duration without suffering the consequences.

also im not changing the name

ok to respond to your earlier post more fully.

-His Hp isnt about actually taking people places. Its supposed to act as a pseudo refuge during a battle for an almost dead teammate. also it is limited to 1 person at a time.(though i will add an active that will make McGarble drop his passenger.)

-On Contaminate. that woluld be one way but if it silenced them they wouldnt be able to use more abilities. i want it to make that person stop and think about the abilities they use before they cast them as the cost will be doubled and and cd will be tripled at lv 4. i dont want it to make that person be stuck doing nothing for 7 seconds... thats just boring for everyone.

- you have a good point here on the energy shield. though im still worried that late game if he used this on an int hero with 4k energy it might be too much.

-Have u every tried to use a single target spell on a hero standing next to a lv 16 micro? its hard bro and in the heat of battle it will be even harder.

-while the video is very cute that is similar to what the E would do but on a much smaller scale.

ok to respond to your earlier post more fully.

-His Hp isnt about actually taking people places. Its supposed to act as a pseudo refuge during a battle for an almost dead teammate. also it is limited to 1 person at a time.(though i will add an active that will make McGarble drop his passenger.)

-On Contaminate. that woluld be one way but if it silenced them they wouldnt be able to use more abilities. i want it to make that person stop and think about the abilities they use before they cast them as the cost will be doubled and and cd will be tripled at lv 4. i dont want it to make that person be stuck doing nothing for 7 seconds... thats just boring for everyone.

- you have a good point here on the energy shield. though im still worried that late game if he used this on an int hero with 4k energy it might be too much.

-Have u every tried to use a single target spell on a hero standing next to a lv 16 micro? its hard bro and in the heat of battle it will be even harder.

-while the video is very cute that is similar to what the E would do but on a much smaller scale.

"Making him harder to click" is still not worth buying. i guarantee that E would be the last bought ability every time. If you make a hero, think about it, make it serious. Nobody likes glib heroes.

"Making him harder to click" is still not worth buying. i guarantee that E would be the last bought ability every time. If you make a hero, think about it, make it serious. Nobody likes glib heroes.

i am serious. its a type of skill thats not currently in the game. and so what u get it last, u throw 2-3 of those on your carry drop ur ulti and the other teams casters are toast. I spend hours on each of my heros sometimes days and though the numbers may be off the concepts are almost always how i want them and the concept for his E is how i want it and it has been thought out. Im sorry that u dont feel that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel sorry for whoever gets mandrake, and a CD of 150 seconds, with the +CD debuff on them. Then their CD will be 600 seconds LOL. (10 minutes). Poor mandrake. (Cyprus too)

i would advise said mandrake to not ulti while under the effects of contaminate unless doing so would win a decisive teamfight around levi or one that would let u push and win the game.