- Mid Game Items

- Ganking and Multikilling

- Farming and Pushing

3.Late Game

- Your Full Item Set

- Teamfights

0.Skill Tree

Q,Stats,Q,W,Q,E,Q,R,Stats,Stats,R,E,E,E,W,R,W,W

The early stats will help your survivability in the jungle. Your Stepping Strikes aswell as Vortex are not going to benefit from an upgrade that much, so get them last.

Hold your Ultimate until lv 8 because you are not going to be teamfighting at early levels anyway.

1.Early Game

Talent Build:

for Talents its best to go for a defense/utility hybrid build,

either 0/11/14 with ENERGIZE and VITALIZE

or 0/12/13 with PROTECT and VITALIZE

the extra survivability of those, which allows you to stay in jungle for much longer will outshine the little extra damage you get from an offensive one.

Starting Items:

:DuransMachette: The Machette will give you everything you want: Hitpoints,Agility,Attackdamage and Leech :HealthCapsule: buy a Hp pot in addition to get you more sustainability

How to Jungle:

I highly suggest taking the Thor next to your base as first camp.

Ask an ally of yours to help you take it out.

The Thor will give you an useful damageresist buff on lasthit and is going to give you the most exp

As second camp get the Firebat next to the Thor.

In case you get low fighting the creeps use your hp pot or your vitalize talent.

After you did that look at the mid or safelane

(safelane is for protoss the bottom and for zerg the top)

There you can help your teammates to get the neutral camps or push back the wave.

After you cleared some camps and stackes some minerals (700+) its your time to return to base there get your secondary items.

After you got yourself some more items you should be easily able to farm any camp on the map with no problem

Dont be scared of taking the other teams jungle too, Shadow as a very illusive hero can escape easily.

Secondary Items:

:DuransMachette: A second machette is a MUST gives you the first bonuses times 2

:ZergSymbiosis: Leeching Saber will help you sustain against neutrals and push your income

:CyberneticImplants: An implant might seem weird at first, but is the component of your core midgame item: the explosive retrofit. It gives you hitpoints aswell as regeneration.

:PhaseCloak: If you wanna go for more ganks and get into teamfights early, this is your pickup. Gives you damage, agility and the cloak to initiate

:ValorsManifest: If the game is going good for you and you are looking at some kills and assists go for an early valors.

:PulseHammer: Pulse Hammer will give you more Damage some hitpoints and will increase your ability to chase people. The implant is a component of this so you can use it.

Fun fact: Valors on full stacks gives you 65 AD and 40% AS

2.Mid Game

Mid game Items:

:ExplosiveRetrofit: This is your absolute core mid game item. It gives you a good damage boost, strength and the ability to farm lanes and neutral camps within seconds:

:IsomorphicPyre: It is a must against TANKS. The pyre gives you the AD and AS that you will need at this point.

:StunBaton: If you are up against CASTERS this is your pick. It gives you AS and the energy and regen to constantly spam your Shade

:HandofMengsk: Build your Leeching saber into a HoM now. This will allow you to stay in fights very long and leech yourself up quickly. Note: use the active.

:GluttonsBite: Another leech-item. Its more cost efficient than a HoM so you might keep it in mind. Also a component of Darwins Might that you will pick up later.

Ganking and Multikilling:

One thing you have to keep in mind is that while you are jungling you leave your allies helpless to all enemy threads.

So keep your ears and eyes open and gank whenever possible.

Many times you willl even be able to get a kill of a gank or catch somebody with low hp and shade him to death which will increase your income.

Once you reach the midgame and kept farming all early game you should be able to buy some of the items on the top of this topic.

When that happens you shell abuse the advantage in farm that you have and start getting into teamfights.

The key to getting multikills with shadow is that he can constantly heal himself with leech items.

The one problem is that you can only leech while attacking so you have to find a way to get into the crowd of enemies and avoid stuns and disables.

Some good ways to initiate are:

Cloaking with Phasecloak, Catching enemies in your vortex and running up to them, using your shade to close distance

or sending your friends in first ;)

Farming and Pushing:

As soon as you have the explosive retrofit you will want to farm like crazy.

Make use of Shadows passive and farm lanes all over the map without getting noticed by your opponents.

Keep killing the neutral camps too, they will die in 3-4 hits with your explosive AoE damage.

Keep in mind that the passive buffs they give you are quite good so go ahead and for example kill a firebat before a teamfight because its free leech.

3.Late Game

Your full Item Set:

:ExplosiveRetrofit: :HandofMengsk::IsomorphicPyre::TimeSplitter::ForceofEntropy::DarwinsMight:

leech and sustainability focused build

:IsomorphicPyre: :HandofMengsk::PhaseCloak::KhaliBlade::TimeSplitter::ExplosiveRetrofit:

Pure AD focused build

Note: upgrade your cloak to shinobi style and consider getting a galactic defender

( I didnt find the proper Pictures for the items )

If you are REALLY getting your ass kicked by some casters get:

:ParallaxGenerator:

or if you need more hp:

:OrganicCarapace:

Teamfights:

While you will have your best time as shadow in the later midgame, when enemies cant really counter you, you are still a beast in the Lategame.

Your problem now is though that most enemies will have realized your incredible skill and bought some counter items like

an electric mantle or a truesight against your phase cloak, and aswell caught up to your levels of farm.

Reacting to that you have to be really careful, and catch enemies in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You still will be able to easily 1v1 anybody, but if you run straight into 3 or more and they focus you with stuns etc. you will be dead before you even get to attack.

NEVER engage first in a teamfight, you are not the initiator. Wait until most of the dangerous spells are on cooldown

and go in when the opposing team isnt expecting you.

Im sorry that there arent the proper pictures for all the items but it seems the emote section isnt updated to the new patch yet.

This is my first guide so apologize any newby mistakes in editing.

Im open to any form of constructive critisism and feedback.

Please post your oppinion down below.

If the guide is any good i plan on doing a Rancor one too.

I like it. however, just my two cents, start out with either leeching saber + hp pot, or leeching saber + tele. The earlier you get it, the more minerals you get from it, while the amount of leech it gives you over duran's machete more than makes up for the extra agility and hp's sustain capabilities. Yes, you do miss out on the extra +16 damage, but by the time you kill a neutral camp, you will have much more hp than you would have otherwise.

Concurred with Doom. Imo Leeching Saber + 2 HP Pots > Duran's + HP pot as far as starting items go.

Also, mind taking a snapshot of your talents? It helps people build the character if they know exactly what you mean by "0/11/14" [because I sure don't], and that'd make this guide better.

[below is opinion because I like stating mine]

Seriously, nice guide but... can I suggest a name change?

[shadow.Geminus (v1.32)] - Dragon of the Woods

Because, y'know, Dragons are awesome and the current title looks a bit weird and muddled.

Concurred with Doom. Imo Leeching Saber + 2 HP Pots > Duran's + HP pot as far as starting items go.

Also, mind taking a snapshot of your talents? It helps people build the character if they know exactly what you mean by "0/11/14" [because I sure don't], and that'd make this guide better.

[below is opinion because I like stating mine]

Seriously, nice guide but... can I suggest a name change?

[shadow.Geminus (v1.32)] - Dragon of the Woods

Because, y'know, Dragons are awesome and the current title looks a bit weird and muddled.

I changed the title :) I hope all the other people find dragons to be as awesome as we think they are^^

regarding the starting item:

I PERSONALLY like to start machette because of the extra damage it gives you which means you will be able to gank easier and last hit lane creeps if you find yourself in the position to do so.

if you are going full jungle though i understand the choice of a saber .