bola nerf

sTeveN

i noticed there's a HUGH bola nerf on the recent patch. it only travels for 12 units max. this is killing me. I always go impact dial+warp shard+phase cloak troll build instead of dumb no-fun crit wpn dmg build. but now i can't!!!

was having a problem where boros could literary pull you across half the map into the pool

A m.s. heavy build is really strong on him too. I've seen a pub player go for that build and pull a hero a really long distance, without even having any impact dials/ warp shards.

Now that bola dmg has increased significantly I wouldn't be surprised if Boros needs to use Ulti lol

Remove bola damage, increase bola throw range / distance travelled range.

This is purely for game enjoyment purpose though. Not related to boros balance issue.

The sole reason I enjoyed Boros was his bola. Now I rarely play Boros although his killing power remains about the same. He is still a very strong hero, especially with cerebos.

I miss my long range bolas :(

so basically u want really long bola range cause the only way u can kill with him is when u pull to a tower, got it.

Hm no. Thanks for assuming but as I have already stated, the long bola range is for enjoyment purpose of the game - it is quite satisfying to fish a runner from a fog of war (from the runners perspective) and to save a teammate from a long distance away.

Boros does not need long range bolas to kill anything. He just needs the Q R combo at the right time and with adequate item builds.

Remove bola damage, increase bola throw range / distance travelled range.

This is purely for game enjoyment purpose though. Not related to boros balance issue.

The sole reason I enjoyed Boros was his bola. Now I rarely play Boros although his killing power remains about the same. He is still a very strong hero, especially with cerebos.

I miss my long range bolas :(

+1 for this lol

this is exactly what i was doing using boros. i never went crit/wpn dmg build, instead i threw bolas as many as possible. nerf the bola dmg is okay, but for the range nerf, i'd rather be a warpshard+dial drake pulling enemies like boros

i actually love the new bola it does damage and not only that it actually takes skill to pluck some1 with the short bola range or even save a teamate. keep it the same. the long bola range is for nubs who like to just throw a bola out and hope they get some1, take some skill and actaully try and pluck some1 outta a crowd with a short range then finish em instead of just throwing a bs bola out ther and hope u get some1 and then run back for them 2 be doomed.

anyone that knows me will tell u my bolas are less than desireable but i have found that with the shorter distance it is great in team fights and stopping people from running away after u omni them

well i think shorter range is still okay. takes more skills, but still trollable. however i was getting pissed by the maximum bola travel range when u catch someone

i actually love the new bola it does damage and not only that it actually takes skill to pluck some1 with the short bola range or even save a teamate. keep it the same. the long bola range is for nubs who like to just throw a bola out and hope they get some1, take some skill and actaully try and pluck some1 outta a crowd with a short range then finish em instead of just throwing a bs bola out ther and hope u get some1 and then run back for them 2 be doomed.

It is actually harder to land bola on a target that is 12 unit away than a target that is 10 unit away.

I understand that if bola range was long, mediocre players can throw bolas randomly around and maybe catch a target by luck or chance. However, my counter argument would be that avoiding bolas is not too difficult, considering it's relatively slow traveling speed compared to lance, rocket, boomerang, etc.

Imagine having a 20 unit range bola, and having to catch a teammate running away from enemies at a 90 degree angle from the direction you are moving toward him. Catching the teammate at 20 unit range is harder than catching him at 10 unit range IMO.

My 2 cent