Parallax & Electric Mantle 10/02/2012

highdrater

Recommendation 1: Change electric mantle to active with 35 second cooldown to where it deals 150 (+75% str) dmg and stuns for 1.5 seconds.

Recommendation 2: Change parallax to active with 35 escond cooldown to where it removes all debuffs n shap and cloaks.

-The reason why electric mantle needs to be active is because when electric mantles are stacked on a team (when 3 or more players contain it), it basically takes out any aa heroes no matter how fed they are with such a mediocre item. Alone and isolated it’s not so bad because it’s a linear relationship with stun as a function of time but combined together with multiple mantles in a teamfight yields an exponential relationship with stun and time. This one item alone can take out an aa hero like grunty or nova because he cant even attack anyone in a teamfight without getting stunned to just get raped on. Not many people have discovered that stacking mantles for team fights is op, but it definitely will be abused eventually if not changed.

-The same concept for stacked electrics vs aa heroes is with parallax. This is a game of micro and these 2 items are only just limiting the low skill cap of a strength hero while giving them an op advantage.

No, as non-AA heroes need to be able to have at least some level of defense from AA heroes in case they get silenced. And AA heroes need counters as they have ridiculous damage outputs late-game. Allowing people to click an item to be able to jump through any of the stuff that's strictly there to counter AA heroes is not a good idea.

This can easily be solved by making it so one hero cannot trigger a second mantle stun within, say, 4 seconds. Shrapnel is harder... maybe have diminishing returns on the duration? i.e. first hit: 3 seconds. 2nd hit: 2.5 seconds, etc?

STR heroes can have a high skillcap, just look at Cain. A terrible cain will always lose to, say, a terrible nova, or boros. If anything, boros is hard to play against a good team because he's easily countered early game, but some heroes (nova) really don't need buffs as they already have a low skillcap, even compared to tanks.

No, as non-AA heroes need to be able to have at least some level of defense from AA heroes in case they get silenced. And AA heroes need counters as they have ridiculous damage outputs late-game. Allowing people to click an item to be able to jump through any of the stuff that's strictly there to counter AA heroes is not a good idea.

This can easily be solved by making it so one hero cannot trigger a second mantle stun within, say, 4 seconds. Shrapnel is harder... maybe have diminishing returns on the duration? i.e. first hit: 3 seconds. 2nd hit: 2.5 seconds, etc?

STR heroes can have a high skillcap, just look at Cain. A terrible cain will always lose to, say, a terrible nova, or boros. If anything, boros is hard to play against a good team because he's easily countered early game, but some heroes (nova) really don't need buffs as they already have a low skillcap, even compared to tanks.

lul i cant play nova to save my own life and that of my mothers but i find boros to be rather easy ^_^ i think im just bad

My bad for "spamming entire subforum" little sensitive sally and i certainly was not going to dig around and research and read to see if someone recommended the same shap i did. Now please if you have a serious comment please follow through with it instead of spamming my entire post with whiney little comments spooky

Paralax activating itself is actually the best that could happen to this item.

I feel that you made this topic after raging because you couldn't kill an entire team as shadow or nova. It is good to see that there counters to aa heroes and it should remain the way it is. I do not want to die from 4 shadow attacks late game (as int) without almost no chance to escape or do anything, this 1 (not sure) sec stun is enought for you to react.

Actually he made all these posts shortly after raging vs me playing rancor vs his tassadar. Spent the whole game raging about how op rancor was and how id be nothing when he got nerfed. Not that I ever killed him or anything, poor sap kept getting ganked by kerrigan I oculdnt hurt him with tassadars drain

i didnt say one word in the game about rancor being op? LOL and i left the game that i was winning to play with a friend. this is completely retarded how you bring a pub game into a serious discussion. it only reflects how truly newb you are. your rancor is not even worthy of commenting.

anyways what id like to see in the game is less perma cloak with speed from rancor because there is absolutely no tradeoff for him initiating with snipe because a decent rancor can snipe at good times and remain unvulnerable.

id think a rancor who could position himself running uncloaked and remain sitting for a few seconds to become cloaked would be worthy of a snipe initiation. running around cloaked with increased movement speed is not worthy especially since its a pain in the ass money wise just to get a vision on him. and rem you total scrub trying to talk smack on a balance post, you are flobing out of your mind if you think you are even remotely close to the skill level i play at. thanks for the troll post and l2p

i didnt say one word in the game about rancor being op? LOL and i left the game that i was winning to play with a friend. this is completely retarded how you bring a pub game into a serious discussion. it only reflects how truly newb you are. your rancor is not even worthy of commenting.

anyways what id like to see in the game is less perma cloak with speed from rancor because there is absolutely no tradeoff for him initiating with snipe because a decent rancor can snipe at good times and remain unvulnerable.

id think a rancor who could position himself running uncloaked and remain sitting for a few seconds to become cloaked would be worthy of a snipe initiation. running around cloaked with increased movement speed is not worthy especially since its a pain in the ass money wise just to get a vision on him. and rem you total scrub trying to talk smack on a balance post, you are flobing out of your mind if you think you are even remotely close to the skill level i play at. thanks for the troll post and l2p

You sexy beast you. <3

(>'.')>~~~

yes cuz bringing up the game 10 minutes before you started spamming these threads where you were 0 2 whining like a lil girl about rancor and then raged is totally unrelated x_x to the question posed by the person who posted directly ahead of me...

yes cuz bringing up the game 10 minutes before you started spamming these threads where you were 0 2 whining like a lil girl about rancor and then raged is totally unrelated x_x to the question posed by the person who posted directly ahead of me...

Most people do know that Rancor is strong. I have no idea how to play rancor but I own pubs with him.

One question. Who tehfuq is this Rem guy? ^^^^^ LOL

And Rem, you should use this handy feature in your web browser. Go to the top of the page, hit CTRL+F, search for 'Rancor'. You'll notice Rancor was not even slightly apart of this discussion until you brought it up trying to flex your little pubstar muscles. Kthxbai

Not gunna deny that he is strong and quite useful, I am just now relearning rancor for his use in IH, harder to build him as a support in pubs ofc, but its still a better way to learn it that trying it for the first time in IH.

Oi pheonix learn to read and you'll actually no wtf is going on *******. I quite sufficiently explained where I was coming from if you were capable of comprehending what you claim to have read already..

edited for banzai's sensibilities ;)

Really? as I recall my first post in this thread was rather supportive of the point that paralax is op and needs some fork of rework

well i do find parralax to be flopping op.... but yeah

And then I replied to a question posed by someone who posted immediately after me.

What I'm saying is, every comment you've made in this thread has been totally unrelated to the OP, and it's simply not productive. You come in out of nowhere starting an argument that has absolutely -nothing- to do with either of the two items mentioned in the title.

I probably shouldn't bash REM since most of the time I stray off topic too :D lulz

Ok, so lets make more reasonable comment:

Electric Mantle - if u force entire enemy team to get EM it is already kind of small victory as u delayed their builds, without counting 1 or 2 tanks. In the same way your team not going to have only AGI/STR AA carries. This kind of composition shouldn't happen and if it does then it is your team fault that u all focused on one type of heroes. Besides - stacking Shrapnel Cloak would be much more powerful

Parallax - it is great item for many heroes, counters rory hard. However I don't agree with your suggestion. if it would be an active then it should be much longer than 1 second, otherwise item would be not worth to get. Lets say it would be 4-5 second. Some heroes during 4-5 second with debuff immunity potentially could do a lot and there wouldn't be any counter to them. Leo for example with his ulti - u need stuns, slows to counter him.

I sorta agree on electric mantle. I mean it is not an OP on its own, but with a stun strategy you can pretty much permastun heroes with electric mantle, stun baton, and small hadron collider. I have been playing Kerrigan lately and found her to be way weaker than my previous experiences because some of the new items make it really hard on AA heroes to do anything, especially since any lifesteal you stack matters little if you are permastunned.

Electric Mantle and Stun Baton on Jax is super annoying as well because he has another low cooldown stun he can throw in there in between baton stuns to the point it is like he is Tosh's twin brother. The new parallax I like being a passive because besides removing debuffs it makes it good on agile tank builds because it helps prevent the other team from focus firing you because of the cloaking. Of course, they can buy detection but that is expensive relatively early in the game.

Well, considering how aa heroes can stun everything, what wrong with giving others that ability also? Tosh, Shadow in particular just can chainstun using just their ult and stun batton from very early times. Later on, Cain, Kerrigan, Tychus, Grunty, Darpa, Raynor, Nova, and pretty much any aa hero with high a.s. can just keep somone almost perma silenced. Considering the cap is 0.57, it takes 4 attacks to stun, and 1 second of stun, for ever (0.57*4) 2.28 seconds, an aa hero without extra time scale can stun a hero for 1 second, essentially keeping his adversary stunned for 45% of the time in an engagement. Not saying E.Mantle not op, just food for thought.