Tiberius.Rancor

Awe

After the new patch I could not help but notice that rancor, imo, seems to be OP. There was not a single game that I played last night without rancor and they all did well with ease.

E-Q any none tank hero down to 1/3 of their health or less and then finish off with a nuke. E Makes it easy for him to get into position undetected and the range of Q is so far that its easy for him to get you from a good distance before you can react or see him. With the new items his ability to output massive damage early seems to make it so that he can instakill almost any int or agi hero.

Is it just me, or do other people think his synergy with new items makes him OP.

I saw this too. I think Rancor was doing insane amounts of damage in team fights and clumped up heroes. And now with the insane amount of INT items, Rancor can have AA AND INT, which is actually true for a lot of heroes including casters. I went some weird INT build with Cyprus and Cyprus was doing some mean damage with his AA LOL. Back to topic: I agree with you that his snipe and then nukes does a lot of damage, it's strong but not sure about OP. There are lots of other heroes like Toxi and Jackson that do a lot more damage. Jackson even silences and stuns! And now witih small caldron halder jackson is even stronger! D:

Wait what? Rancor received no buff, all items received buffs to an extend but there is a lot of spell resits in the game atm, so casters are nerfed... But also rancors AA isn't that great either, so its not rancor that is OP but certain items that are strong... Rancor is in no way OP, sorry.

He meant with the new items with a lot more INT and which also gives rancor other attributes such as weapon speed and crits and weapon dmg.

He's saying that Rancor OP with all the items that makes rancor a lot more viable.

But I don't think he's OP either :D

I know rancor did not get any buffs but I'm saying that because of the new items he is significantly scarier. As Energy stated, my problem is with how well he works with the new items. I played a game with jackson but did not get far into the game and I have not played him since because the animations for his e was not working for me. Toxi has always been strong, much stronger than rancor and because I have not seen anyone play toxi or tried it myself I cannot say how he is now. I have just noticed that rancor is way more viable now because I have seen someone play it in every game and as a true int caster, such as raynor, I was having a lot of trouble countering rancor. Granted this was a pub and the teamwork just was not there to make playing a support hero helpful.

I know rancor did not get any buffs but I'm saying that because of the new items he is significantly scarier. As Energy stated, my problem is with how well he works with the new items. I played a game with jackson but did not get far into the game and I have not played him since because the animations for his e was not working for me. Toxi has always been strong, much stronger than rancor and because I have not seen anyone play toxi or tried it myself I cannot say how he is now. I have just noticed that rancor is way more viable now because I have seen someone play it in every game and as a true int caster, such as raynor, I was having a lot of trouble countering rancor. Granted this was a pub and the teamwork just was not there to make playing a support hero helpful.

Toxi should be strong but I have no idea how to build him any more lol. I played an IH where with an eternal drive and a couple of vitalizes makes Toxi almost useless. But according to the other team I did enough dmg so that Cyprus could get triple, monster, and luda kills.

You should also add in the fact that Elixer is the only unit to detect cloak lol..... We need Obs ASAP

Ohhhh I have yet to try Raynor. That should be fun. AA raynor with dmg amp

how can you think rancor is OP? there are so many other heroes that take way huger advantages from the recent patch.

Such as boros and nova? Nothing really new there worth talking about. They have been OP and there has been ample discussion about how well they do with crit builds. I'm open to talking about other heros that are now OP in another thread, as I'm sure there are others and I would like to hear your opinions.

There is a lot that seems imbalanced with this patch. This is just something new that I felt like introducing for discussion.

Such as boros and nova? Nothing really new there worth talking about. They have been OP and there has been ample discussion about how well they do with crit builds. I'm open to talking about other heros that are now OP in another thread, as I'm sure there are others and I would like to hear your opinions.

There is a lot that seems imbalanced with this patch. This is just something new that I felt like introducing for discussion.

yep yep yep. This is going to be more like active testing. Make more Suggestion and Bug Threads :D :D :D RNG rushed it because he wanted to get that fancy load screen implemented for public games. And it has definitely increased the number of people playing this

You should also add in the fact that Elixer is the only unit to detect cloak lol..... We need Obs ASAP

Ohhhh I have yet to try Raynor. That should be fun. AA raynor with dmg amp

Agreed. Having to buy an elixir early game for a hero that can kill you almost instantly sucks. Having to spend 600 - 1200 minerals on a true sight early game puts you far behind. Having the obs back would be nice because you can significantly reduce your costs and put your detector somewhere that will reveal him if he flanks or walks through an area. Although the cost reduction on the wards was okay (25 minerals isn't much) they do not help with cloaked units. There is also the scanner but the problem with scanner is that you have to notice the outline of an opaque hero to know to use it.

AA raynor is difficult to build because he does not have as reliable of a farming method early on as rancor would and you really rely on a team to get you assists and kills. Granted, every hero has a role and raynor's is not a jungler.

Rancor not OP IMO (haven't played last patch, but i dont think that rancor so strong compered to other heros)

This thread was created in light of latest patch. New items bring lots of imbalance to the game. Makes rancor a lot better than before.

This thread was created in light of latest patch. New items bring lots of imbalance to the game. Makes rancor a lot better than before.

It makes almost every single hero stronger. Even Cyprus is viable in inhouses now. Jackson gets another stun from small cauldron. All tank heroes can be extraordinarily strong from a crazy buff to ALL health items. :/ Shrugs the most damage I feel like Rancor does in a team fight is his Q. If there are other heroes on the team, they just rape the stunned target. Works crazy well with Micro and Nova and of course Raynor

It makes almost every single hero stronger. Even Cyprus is viable in inhouses now. Jackson gets another stun from small cauldron. All tank heroes can be extraordinarily strong from a crazy buff to ALL health items. :/ Shrugs the most damage I feel like Rancor does in a team fight is his Q. If there are other heroes on the team, they just rape the stunned target. Works crazy well with Micro and Nova and of course Raynor

True. I dislike the high damage AA that heros are able to do. Does anyone know if spell resist stack linearly?

Wait what? Rancor received no buff, all items received buffs to an extend but there is a lot of spell resits in the game atm, so casters are nerfed... But also rancors AA isn't that great either, so its not rancor that is OP but certain items that are strong... Rancor is in no way OP, sorry.

Gravity edge on a hero essentially renders your spell resist 50% less effective. Stacking spell resist is just a waste now until that item is given a closer look and rebalanced.

Gravity edge on a hero essentially renders your spell resist 50% less effective. Stacking spell resist is just a waste now until that item is given a closer look and rebalanced.

This.

I find spell resist items to be ineffective in this patch. Before Electric Mantle and a spell buffer was all you needed. Now those two items suck in comparison and I find the current spell resist items do not come with enough other stats or a high enough spell resist bonus to justify taking up item slots that can be better served with other items, say health as owl mentioned, especially with Gravity edge dealing true damage.

I've seen a lot of E Q R R auto-attack instakill any none strength hero, even myself whilst trying to build counter items with resist.

Lol that makes an excellent point. I think originally the new wave of items were to contain more spell resist, but having Gravity Edge kind of negates the entirety of the spell resist items... (50% negate if you know what I mean)

I agree with Adamantium here

Rancor isn't OP now, he is viable now.

I used to just giggle and om nom ghosts...now they can fight back.

I approve!

I'm also going to have to agree with this statement, now you actually have to worry about ghost being a viable threat in game!

rancor was always viable

anyways the purpose of gravity edge was to counteract all the new spell resist, so casters have a chance late game when everyone suddenly has 6k hp.

however, that also implies that the item should be a poor pick up if the enemy has less then say, 40% spell resist (the equivalent is void staff in LoL, and usually ppl don't pick that up unless enemy has 50%+ spell resist)

numbers will be adjusted as needed.