Biotron 10/02/2012

ender

bio is hard countered by a 65 mineral item

just sayin'

if bio is retard yes,

but bio can buy a 120 mineral item and use it 3 times

just sayin'

talking about the topic, i think yes, bio minions scale a little too much, I don't call bio op, but he kill pretty easy I think, his minions in late game are immortal, towers need more than 3 or 4 shots to take them down

I thought towers only make amplified damage to heroes? So its normal that they aren't dead with 2 shots.

And they attack Bio instead of his minions, not so with Unix'.

Maybe Bio's Civilians are stronger endgame, but his Ulti then is more a harassment tool then a finisher.

At least in the beginning every mini aoe can kill them, for example one cow burst (uncharged) finished them all...

Bio doesn't do very much damage late-game at all.

And the minions are so packed together during his ult that it makes sense for it to require 2-3 spells to kill them since a) it's his ult b) he needs to have civilians already out for it to be remotely threatening and c) Bio doesn't do much damage otherwise and doesn't have much in the way of crowd control.

And the minions are so packed together during his ult that it makes sense for it to require 2-3 spells to kill them since a) it's his ult b) he needs to have civilians already out for it to be remotely threatening and c) Bio doesn't do much damage otherwise and doesn't have much in the way of crowd control.

I don't agree with you, that zombies can even melt down tanks like micro, and I tested and confirmed that, as bio and as micro

Olympic Torch is a wee bit strong with him, but the fact that bio is strong is that with recent patches, you can get a crapton more of any stat, be it str agi or int. If he is allowed to earn money really early, then he will be a problem. But same can be said for almost any hero. If you watched my first game back replay, you'd see that I killed a full health nova with just marked for death and ultimate, something that I don't remember doing before patch v6.40 or so. The average hero's damage output was majorly buffed, so was bio's. Starting hp was not buffed, so if you still go for damage-only items, you are going to get killed by him really fast. Same can be said about Boros, Shadow, Zera, Darpa, Rancor, Nova, Rory, Balrog, Leo, and very many more.

Garamon's scvs are easily countered by any AoE spell and they are used for his ulti, so I think that Bio is op or Garamond is up :P

Garamon's scvs are easily countered by any AoE spell and they are used for his ulti, so I think that Bio is op or Garamond is up :P

Hurm.... clearly you haven't played against a decent mule. The correct way is lockbox, ultimate, turrent (for damage amp), missiles, oil slick. The 3 second lockbox "phase" + the 2-3 sec stun is ample time for the scvs to blow up and kill you.

EDIT: unless you mean before he ults? Well, then I guess its a question of wasted spells then......

Bio's ulti use to be able to be counted with one aoe. really made him very weak unless he was being used as support. now with the new items yes end game his infested are strong, my build they do 100 damage and have 800 health, though if ur paying attention they are easy to out run cause they only last 10 seconds each, a simple warp shard, vortex, micro blink, retrofit(spell damage slows targets)+ superheated, jackson's stun/silence move, alot of ways to get away from them, if ur an AA hero explosive retrofit(50% of ur weapon damage as aoe spell damge). if ur a tank with full hp who gets hit with his ulit and dies, well then ur not being a very good tank pick a new hero.

AA gara isn't viable anymore due to Timescale changes, so yeah, his scv's are definitely not your biggest worry unless he's ulting. In which case you run or shove them away, you do not kill them while they're on top of you.

For a bit i thought so as wel, not so much cause of time scale there is plenty out there. my talent build i get 8% time(time scale), the upgraded warpshard 6%, yamato reactor use 25%, neutral tanks 25%. his ulti i think is 25% now or 35%. 64% time scale if its 25% from ulti in all, which is 1 svc about ever 0.3 sec. now u cant get thier damage per svc up very high but one thing that they do now is crit. my current build they are critting for 500 damage each. which is 250 more damage then i could do before the new patch. as well as stun baton works with garamond now too. before u go crazy about that let me explain. garamonds inital attack with svc as in when they go from him to the enemy can proc items, leech for example. but only on the inital hit. they do how ever keep on critting by them selves. so if someone lets u stack lets say 10 svc on a tower, then u send ur missiles over and stun them as u send svc to them it hurts.

and before someone says that is OP(shut up on ur OP crap) u were stupid enough to let his svc build up in the first place.

AA gara isn't viable anymore due to Timescale changes, so yeah, his scv's are definitely not your biggest worry unless he's ulting. In which case you run or shove them away, you do not kill them while they're on top of you.
Yes, I wasn't talking about the ulti's effect. For example, I was playing with garamond and the enemy drake's martyr killed them in one second, making all my attacks useless (I know Drake is a tank and Garamond is a Caster, but Bio's minions last too much even against a Drake using martyr) Edited by Misanthropy

There many counters towards Biotrons final, its just that no one gets it because they want to get their damage high, not survive thus it is their fault. Items that counter biotron : Dark Steel Titan; Chilling Artifact; Nitrogen + Superheated Mantle Combo, Warp shard can counter to a degree, Shrapnel can counter is slightly, Although these items ppl usually never get. Phase cloak also counters to a degree. Also bio's minions last depending on his hp. If he has 6000 HP means that the minions have 900 hp. The unit that summons the most units has the highest hp units :P. Phantom Menace can be a counter in some type of way (because of massive movement speed) Also, AA with leech can counter. Jackson , Toxi, and Shadow massive counter. Shadow just jumps around if he attacks the minions with leech and they kept having to move around, Jackson makes them slow and slow attack speed, and toxi massively slows their attack speed especially with chilling artifact and his passive helps. Biotron seems like a very good Pubstomper. Although he is rather annoying when he gets fed, then he can spam final every so often.

It is funny how units counter each other. We know that if raynor gets finaled, hes usually screwed, but if a biotron is burrowed gets Death Mark + Silenced, hes screwed or taking massive damage. XD Teleports work very well vs Biotron. His infested civilians seem weird. I notice that his civs from his passive, have the ability to step on walls (like Colossus) yet, when biotron uses final, they can no longer do that. I wonder how that works..... At least they seem to work that way.

Even though they buffed the duration of biotrons final, it is still fairly familiar by the fact all the civilians that you spawned are basicly dead after 10 seconds. And biotrons final now Summons 15 civlians... Wow that is alot.

Explosive Retrofit is great counter for Bio, don't know why no one mentioned it. Anyway Bio is slighty overpowered in my opinion. His ulti need some tweaks. Not because how it scaling late game or its damage output but because of fact how ridiculously fast he can get bosses with it. I think Bio ulti should be changed to be able work only on heroes. Little bit longer cd would be nice as well. Now there is a lot of items with cooldown reduction so late game he can spam it very often. Moreover I think his minions consume restore way too much energy. He can easily restore entire mana pool with single, short-cooldown ability. As other heroes he should be punished somehow for spamming his abilities.