Moving along

NoWaterJustIce

Mostly because im bored and because these forums are so quite at the moment i wanted to ask a question to all the beautiful forum goers. After the recent tournament there is a balance patch coming that will hopefully fix many of the bugs and most of the item/hero balances. after this new heros will start to come out again and my question is what kind of hero do u think Aos/Sotis needs right now? do we need a better carries, tougher tanks, stronger casters, game-changing initiators more pulls, or more supports? what type of heros do we need? (after item/hero fixes to the current problems)

Either both Micro and Drake needs to get nerfed/reworked, or I think it would be a good idea to add more easy to land plucks/hooks. However I do think it would be better to nerf or rework some of Micro's spells, as he is very very very strong at the moment. A good idea would be to remove his blink, and give him something different instead. Possibly a passive damage resist, or something like that. The fact that Micro can blink in, grab one, and blink out, just makes the hero extremely hard, if not impossible to play against.

I'd say AoS needs more hard supports, heroes that focus largely on buffing teamates/debuffing enemies. Pretty much every support hero right now doubles as a damage caster. Something like Viron, minus his 99999 dps E spell.

I disagree, if you watch our games from the tournament, we used most of the "support heroes" as actual support heroes. Egon never built any int items, unix usually went for a aura build, etc etc. You don't always need to have support heroes, or even support items (game 2 in the finals, we built no aura items on any hero), but often times you do, and then it's just a matter of putting it on the heroes it fits the best, for instance unix, egon, rory, etc.

I never thought I would say that (until recently) but I think we need better/more carries. Currently the STR heroes are so strong that it is hard for a carry to carry in a team 5v5 fights ... only shadow can do it given its Ulti. Darpa can do it maybe late game if fed enough... but often esp early it is a suicide mission to go in the enemy team and try to do your thing.

Also I would enjoy more support heroes as I feel they can really add diversity to the game (i wouldn't mind seeing my Nick.Tesla created :>).

I never thought I would say that (until recently) but I think we need better/more carries. Currently the STR heroes are so strong that it is hard for a carry to carry in a team 5v5 fights ... only shadow can do it given its Ulti. Darpa can do it maybe late game if fed enough... but often esp early it is a suicide mission to go in the enemy team and try to do your thing.

Also I would enjoy more support heroes as I feel they can really add diversity to the game (i wouldn't mind seeing my Nick.Tesla created :>).

I personally find Shadow a very bad hero, and I know NA rate him highly, in EU we don't, he's probably somewhere in between. But I don't think we necessarily need more carries, it's just that the current meta is about pushing early or go for team fight set ups, or a little bit of both. Thus the true carry heroes (best example being Nova) doesn't really add anything to the game early enough. They need too much farm to be effective, and it's risky to go for them in the current meta, there are a lot of strategies that didn't get tried in the current tournament though, I would have liked to ran a couple of trilane strategies, but given how our first tournament game was the first game we played with our entire roster, we simply didn't have time to practice it.

I don't think carry heroes are underpowered, I can only speak for my own team though, and I can say that the carry heroes that we ended up picking was heroes that added utility early in the game, if we were forced to take a teamfight early on, our carry would have a kerrigan ultimate, a terrazine and stun, or simply he would be able to move around and get us map control with his river racer ability. We also picked Darpa a game, and it worked out well, that's another hero I think is good because of his good laning capabilities with some heroes (like Micro). The point is, we didn't want to pick a hero that would not be able to do anything if we were forced into early engagements, that's also the reason we picked unix a lot. Unix in my opinion is a 1-5 hero, meaning he is strongest in the levels 1 to 5, while he's not bad later too, in a tournament setting, his utility falls off later on in the game, while his early game is almost unmatched, meaning that you will get ahead in the early game, and seeing as we played really really well in the late game, he was a great pick up for us, to strengthen our lanes so we wouldn't just lose the game early on.

I'd say AoS needs more hard supports, heroes that focus largely on buffing teamates/debuffing enemies. Pretty much every support hero right now doubles as a damage caster. Something like Viron, minus his 99999 dps E spell.

I am actually in the process of writing a hero suggestion that i feel would suit this role.

By carry do you mean... 1v5 vs an entire team?

If we get more supports, I think they should be more like Brine (he might be boring to play for some people but at least his concept is great) and not just give lots of auras, as auras are generally uninteresting and unique support concepts are much funner to play with/against and watch.

I made a hero once (the banshee one) that is best in teamfights but could do ridiculous damage to a single person by targeting multiple people and retargeting his missiles onto one person. I think, since he was squishy and was useless 1v1, he would count as support, maybe.

Hmmm, currently I think that the hero system is the most balanced its been in a long while, so this next patch I would like to see some heroes that are really unique, and add something completely different to the game, also I think that there should be some more hybrid INT/AA items

Hmmm, currently I think that the hero system is the most balanced its been in a long while, so this next patch I would like to see some heroes that are really unique, and add something completely different to the game, also I think that there should be some more hybrid INT/AA items

Sound like adding more hybrid int/AA items would just break rancor even more.

Hybrid INT/AA items shouldn't be like Cerebro though, where it's best on Boros, an AA hero, and not very useful on most other heroes, because Hybrid AA/Casters like Ezreal don't really exist (INT Rancor is more of a burst hero).

Rancor isn't even an intelligence hero ^_^, so if he would build dps, he would benefit from the normal dps items.If you want int dps items, they need to either give dmg+int+active/passive or weapon speed+int+active/passive.

Actually, when thinking about it, a blue gene, pyre, lethal barb, cerebro build on ghost would actually be quite interesting and fun to try out.

I disagree, if you watch our games from the tournament, we used most of the "support heroes" as actual support heroes. Egon never built any int items, unix usually went for a aura build, etc etc. You don't always need to have support heroes, or even support items (game 2 in the finals, we built no aura items on any hero), but often times you do, and then it's just a matter of putting it on the heroes it fits the best, for instance unix, egon, rory, etc.

While you can use any hero as a support, there remains a lack of hard support heroes...as in those that can maintain some level of effectiveness into late game without items. Egon is really the only hero that really fulfills this role...MAAAAAYYYBBBBEEE one or two others. I would like to see more classical support heroes, who boast skills which scale mostly, if not solely with level.

I personally find Shadow a very bad hero, and I know NA rate him highly, in EU we don't, he's probably somewhere in between. But I don't think we necessarily need more carries, it's just that the current meta is about pushing early or go for team fight set ups, or a little bit of both. Thus the true carry heroes (best example being Nova) doesn't really add anything to the game early enough. They need too much farm to be effective, and it's risky to go for them in the current meta, there are a lot of strategies that didn't get tried in the current tournament though, I would have liked to ran a couple of trilane strategies, but given how our first tournament game was the first game we played with our entire roster, we simply didn't have time to practice it.

Shadow's strength lies in his ability to snowball and become a mid game to early late game beast....one that can completely control the map. He is the best jungler in the game with rather absurd ganking potential. He also fits into a number of strong kill lanes (with Rory, LZ, garamond etc.). So, while he is squishy and can be out-carried late game...he offers A LOT towards securing a significant advantage before then.

In all honesty I think I prefer str heroes being stronger now, no longer do Boros and Shadow rape everyone its more balanced. However I think Bio needs a rework perhaps (most teams who picked him during the tourney won). Hydra is balanced imho :)

PS: I will always be pro spell leech :D