Geminus.Boros

xXLegitxMerkXx

"Buy a Mossberg" - random person

Yea I agree. That item is pretty strong, but I think the fact that crits deal true damage and the scaling is so high is an even bigger problem. HP is the only answer right now for these items and it's still not a guarantee. Then you have a stalker using gravity edge to get into the late game. His scaling is too high for that item where people used to be able to protect themselves with a mixture of HP and spell resist. The fact is that true damage is just scaling so well with a lot of the characters to the point where burst damage is reigning supreme.

i was playing against boros and he had cerebro, so this item lets u lose 4 second cooldown for abilities every 1 second u hit a crit, so if boros builds crit and get cerebro, he can just spam spell storm and be completely immune to spell damage which is op, this needs fixed.

Lol

the delay on procing was a nerf that was made BECAUSE of boros (they started with every 2 seconds which made it completely worthless, then they scaled it back down to 1)

the only reason to go Cerebro is to proc Omni faster, the SS is just an added bonus, but honestly its one of the last items you would buy in most builds, so it should almost never come up. Very few people use that in their build, so many better options really....

As for no counters??? Have you heard of gravity edge? Its kind of a big deal for casters.....

1 game is meaningless, you need to chillax. When it becomes a widespread issue, then you can QQ.

Theoretically, but have you really seen a Boros like, I know I haven't. Also you can't silence an already SS Boros, it's one of the most annoying thing about him, continuous debuff

If only that were true lol....thats how its supposed to work.

However you can silence an SS boros bc silence is currently glitched. Paralax and SS do not remove silence atm. Look back in bug reports...

(I offered to try to fix it bc it annoys me that silence also prevents garamond from attacking atm, and that annoys me from a balance perspective, so far no reply from devs)

the cooldown on cerebro was because AA heroes were using it when it was "intended" for a class of hybrid caster-aa heroes similar to say, Jax, or Akali from LoL.

That class of heroes.... doesn't really exist in AoS, so Cerebro was useless for most caster heroes, and got buffed to 4 second reduction. Then I pointed out that kerrigan would have 2 boomeranges and 20 stacks of bone armor out at all times with cerebro, and told them to implement an internal cd as a hotfix. Hence the internal CD.

THEN I pointed out that the item was STILL useless on Casters, so the internal CD was lowered. Still, that clearly does not solve the issue with the item, so I have made various other suggestions which you can find in my bug/balance thread.

Yes it is sorta broken right now:

Flare Gun

Black Hole Magnum

Pyre

Sunflare Gun

Khali Blade

Cerebro

Shadowmourne

It is kind of ridiculous how strong that build is on Boros as you have pretty much 100% crit chance and can just keep spamming spell storm nonstop assuming you can keep Boros attacking nonstop to proc cerebro. Not only that but you essentially have almost no cooldown for your ultimate so if you go run into a creep wave after killing an enemy with omnismash, you have omnismash back online pretty much instantly.

Yes it is sorta broken right now:

Flare Gun

Black Hole Magnum

Pyre

Sunflare Gun

Khali Blade

Cerebro

Shadowmourne

It is kind of ridiculous how strong that build is on Boros as you have pretty much 100% crit chance and can just keep spamming spell storm nonstop assuming you can keep Boros attacking nonstop to proc cerebro. Not only that but you essentially have almost no cooldown for your ultimate so if you go run into a creep wave after killing an enemy with omnismash, you have omnismash back online pretty much instantly.

I can see another reason why a build where you have seven items might be op...

Well, the way i use cerebro is completely different, I have started to try an all out critical build (mostly spurred by this boros build, which is kinda ridiculous). So, my use of cerebro is for any of my carry heroes, or any agi for that matter, i find it almost useless without lots of attack speed. The worst build i saw was boros with mass MS and a warp shard, he would bola then take my idiot allies into his pool, since he had about 50% move speed boost from items alone (5 ravagers) and my allies were kinda derpy, the damage on bola is kinda ridiculous TBH, thats the only thing i see that could use some fixing.

My philosophy is that if it comes to an item, the money made because of that item is compared to the cost is + Minerals earned by enemies dying to them. It requires a little money tracking, or an easier way would be how fast you can make up the money, if it is done within 10 minutes of buying that item, it is too op, and at about 35 minutes is too weak (or not a good combo).

I think he buy first Flare gun, and then upgrade it to Flaregun so his finald build should be

Black Hole Magnum

Pyre

Sunflare Gun

Khali Blade

Cerebro

Shadowmourne

Yah it is kinda implied you upgrade the flare gun to a sunflare gun. That was the build order not including starting laning items.

Any normal still make boros a pain in the ass late game, even mid game. Recently i had a game that turned out to be the "who has faster ommi cooldown" between 2 newb boros -.-. I know ommi can be counter by smoke, silent etc, but still it is so hard to have them late game considering all your others gears. 1 ommi can kill u, may be 2 ppl with ease. Boros dont need much skill now, just wait and spam the ulti and he got over 20 kills. YAY FTW!

Boros with cerebro can use spellstorm, use lvl3 ulti and then after ulti use spell storm again. And now bola does a shapload of dmg with Impact Dial..

Or warp shard, but the bola damage NEEDS to be nerfed, that IMO is the worst part, the problem with omni happened as soon as it started to be scaled with weapon damage and proced crits on attack, maybe make omni not critical? That would be a legitimate fix, would almost make him UP, but if nothing else is nerfed, he would be fine.

Before discovering the wonders of cerebro, I found boros to be a balanced character. I've found that rushing cerebro after your first item (whatever it may be, khalis weaver, pendant etc.) and then getting arcbound ravager will allow you to continuously cast spell storm and also helps your ult have a very low cd.

I realise that the 4900 price tag on cerebro is a good way to balance this, but even then, with boros' farm ability (q) he is able to get that item around lvl 10-11 quite easily.

I went into a game, got khalis weaver and slowly built up cerebro, having not being fed on the way through and still managed to carry the entire team because tasers and other spells would simply not work.

I went with the item build

Khalis Weaver --> Cerebro --> Arcbound Ravager --> and parallax generator, small hadron collider and force of entropy in any order --> depending on their team comp, shadowmaurne or a high weapon damage weapon.

Game consisted of spell storming --> warping in --> ulti-ing --> more spell storms, maybe chuck in a bola.

He now seems to be a bit more than a 'pub-star hero' now.

well, he seem sto be (for you) a bit more than a "pub-star hero" because you built it on an alternative way, but you can still go for pyre, khali blade, cont shard, shadowmourne, cerebro and masamune and kill any hero with 3 of the 8 hits of the omni

I like to bould boros rushing impact dial (because i just love that item, is the best item (for me) in terms of prize-usefulness) and buy some int items like sfg and gravity edge, i also like shm.

anyway i rarely play boros, but i still think he is a pubstar hero, like cyprus or shadow, (im not saying they are op heros, just easy to use and easy for getting kills) but my respect for you because of doing some alternative build

While Cerebro is a good item on some heroes (I especially like it on Tosh), I don't think I'd ever rush it on any hero.

Why?

Cerebro scales with weapon speed, his ultimate doesn't crit, and it doesn't give any damage (afaik). Thus there are items that will help your ultimate through getting more damage (such as c-shard/Khali blade), or items that gives weapon speed (such as pyre). Lethal barb is also a possibility, since Boros has an in-built critical strike.

Well, it certainly is powerful given that SS is the most powerful anti-spell ability in the game, and its main limitation is its cooldown which Cerebro conveniently lowers. But, as Shab said, you're sacrificing quite abit of dps in that build, so even if you do finish your omni and pop spell storm to become invulnerable to spells, you probably won't be getting any more kills, since you aren't sticky enough to follow up by chasing down low HP heroes(until you get FOE, but that's pretty late).

P.S It's not Cerebro Boros, SEA players coined the build as Cereboros.

Well, it certainly is powerful given that SS is the most powerful anti-spell ability in the game, and its main limitation is its cooldown which Cerebro conveniently lowers. But, as Shab said, you're sacrificing quite abit of dps in that build, so even if you do finish your omni and pop spell storm to become invulnerable to spells, you probably won't be getting any more kills, since you aren't sticky enough to follow up by chasing down low HP heroes(until you get FOE, but that's pretty late).

P.S It's not Cerebro Boros, SEA players coined the build as Cereboros.

Are you really sacrificing damage? I disagree. With massive cooldown reduction, you will be able to use your Omnislash (an ability with extraordinary damage output), and you will be able to spell storm more often (an ability with average damage output).

In addition, in its current form, crit chance substantially increases damage output, and for boros it also increases the damage output of his omnislash (which he can cast significantly more often with cerebro).

I'm not arguing that cerebro needs to be changed, or Boros, but just pointing out that 20% crit chance directly (and indirectly) increases the damage output of this hero by a significant amount. Whether or not you're "sacrificing" a lot of damage out would need to be calculated to be known for sure.