AoS Official Tournament Final Results (COMPLETED)

KinGofDaBerG

Tourney Info: http://www.aeonofsto...ial-tournament/

Tournament Final Results:

Winning Team:

• John + 4

Members:

• John, soedenone, chob, Shablagoo, Brew

Runners-Up:

• Fairly Balanced

MVP of the tournament:

• John

Play of the Tournament:

• chob, stealing Levi twice with a grunty Rocket. GG NO RE.

Special Thanks to: Marche (Streaming), Overrated (Casting), Gyro (Help in Hosting), Aellectris (Reff and Casting), CrazySoldier (Streaming), RedHydra (Forum Admin), RNG (help on mumble and organization), DarkStar (Sponser)

Team List for first to last:

• 1. TBC
  • 2. TBC
  • 3. Godlike
  • 4. AFKBRBPP
  • 5. Dark Samurai
  • 6. Sexy Beast
  • 7. Seven
  • 8. Underdogs
  • 9. Maybe Next Time
  • 10. SEAmen
  • 11. KathyCakes
  • 12. JustElite
  • 13. Like A Boss
  • 14. Molly Wump

Comments From the Host:

Thanks to everyone for making the tournament amazing and for all teams that participated. The commitment from all the teams was amazing with 13 of the 14 teams pitching up. I know that, there were many games to go through but we managed to get through all of them. there was a staggering 95 games in 3 days, VERY WELL DONE!!! CONGRADULATIONS to the winners of the first AoS Official Tournament!

I hope that this entire experience has helped put AoS abit more in the limelight, and that it helps to draw newer players into the competitive scene. It was something special to see many of the old players coming though to play so that you for that.

We did encounter many issues during tournament however, but at least there were no rage quits or any serious Bm that came out. Prizes will be sent to once I give your information to RNG, so please be patient with that. I hope everyone continues to play this game that I love and help it to become something special and more competitive MOBA game.

On a side note, I will be taking a break from AoS for sometime, as I'm all AoS out and need to focus on other things in my life. I will be back someday so I hope you all continue to hold the AoS flag high! I can now leave knowing EU is the top of AoS and the world!!!

Peace of guys.... GL HF!

thank you shab,

maybe the tournament was good for the players but not so good for the viewers,i am sry to say.,next touney spend 800$ for the winning team and 200$ for the organisation,streams and casts.

this was no fun to watch for me,longlist

but anyway i hope you guys enjoyed it.

i hope for next

Same here, the Finals were pretty tight-last match drove us flobing nuts. GG to John+4, and congrats to all the committed players out there that have prepared themselves for the Tournament. I'll see if I can ask Rakura to share the spreadsheet that we were using for the Tourney. It might bring some interesting insights!

Same here, the Finals were pretty tight-last match drove us flobing nuts. GG to John+4, and congrats to all the committed players out there that have prepared themselves for the Tournament. I'll see if I can ask Rakura to share the spreadsheet that we were using for the Tourney. It might bring some interesting insights!

That would be very interesting to see, I am also willing to share all our thoughts behind our bans/picks and item pick ups etc, if anyone has any questions in regard to any of that.

I must give you and your team a lot of credit on your pregame knowledge. You always seemed to ban the heroes we wanted to pick in the 2nd phase. And going for that level 1 gank in the last game was also really clever, you probably came more prepared into the games than any other teams. We did some preparations for our upper bracket semi-finals, but didn't have any time to study your team for the upper bracket finals, however we did do some preparations before the finals of course.

@Shab: i think the best way to make the game and tournament popular and to reach more people is with a good livestream, and a good livestream for me has a time when it starts maybe a countdown or something,then same audiovolume from every caster,gamesound,herolifebars,no blackscreen half of the game and no shut down without sayiing whats comin next or......

I know you guys do that for free and i think its much more work from that side as from the gamer or teams.Money buys time so if they have more time for this it will be better thats why i made the suggest at my first post.

To try to figure our the bans I created the following quick Excel from the posted screenshots of the games, and tried to use it to figure out what to ban. (e.g., ban John+4 tanks (Bio, Micro and first pick Drake for our team...) which helped at frist but then left our other strong combinations and Vorpal/ Egon or Jax/Vergil, which won the finals for John+4)

https://docs.google....k5SSmRrVHc/edit

To try to figure our the bans I created the following quick Excel from the posted screenshots of the games, and tried to use it to figure out what to ban. (e.g., ban John+4 tanks (Bio, Micro and first pick Drake for our team...) which helped at frist but then left our other strong combinations and Vorpal/ Egon or Jax/Vergil, which won the finals for John+4)

https://docs.google....k5SSmRrVHc/edit

Thanks for sharing, this is some good stuff.

We didn't really come prepared for the upper bracket final, as we had no time between the games to check your picks etc, so we got caught off guard, you guys got to play your game, and we got horribly outplayed.

But then we had a really strong plan for both game 1 and game 2 in the finals. I think we drafted very well in game 1, and should have easily won it, but you guys also seemed to have a timer on levi, and managed to gank us right before it, which gave you a huge advantage, and then there were some crashes and stuff who flobed us up, and you won that game.

In game 2, we knew what we were going to do with the bans and the first pick, but after that we had no real plan, and we ended up trying to grab your heroes to put you off guard. Then we banned erekul for redhydra, and decided to first pick Raynor, as we knew those were redhydra's strongest heroes. We ended up with no tank, and a somewhat weak top lane, but we made it work, played extremely aggressive in the midgame, and managed to pull through with a win in a game that felt much closer than the kill score ended up being, because we felt like we really needed to end the game early.

In game 3, we still had a plan for what to ban (drake first, leave mule in) and then we had the 2nd ban as situational ban. We knew there were micro egon vorpal bio in the pool, and we had last ban, so we decided to ban bio, because we didn't want you to have it (since we banned drake, which we wanted to pick vs bio), so we ended up banning bio, leaving micro vorpal egon in, where we would take the 2 you would leave us. We also expected you to take rancor raynor pretty early in the draft, since we took it in game 2. We weren't scared about it. However we wanted to pick tosh and lz with our last 2 picks, but you guys grabbed tosh straight off the bat, which made LZ a really bad pick for us, so we decided to go for the toxi unix combo, who could pressure, and live vs the rancor raynor combo, also we decided to build toxi really tanky.

In the game we wanted you guys to initiate on vorpal, since you could prett much instagib any hero in our team, at least then you would take a lot of damage from his passive. That is also the reason I decided to get a warp shard on Egon later on in the game, so that I could be really defensive with my positioning, and just blink in when I needed to.

My belated thoughts post competition.

Congratulations to the winning team John +4, you guys played great. Hope you all enjoy the victory along with the prizes. My thanks to the sponsor and all the people who contributed to make this a successful tournament, from referees to streamers and admin's.

I'd also like to take the time and thank all the members of Fairly Balanced (Alice, RedHydra, Rakura and Adversary) for allowing me the opportunity to partake in our journey to the finals. You guys played extremely well and brought the synergy and passion that helped bring us to the end. It was a great ride guys, thanks to all of you for the memorable experience!

P.S. To all my sc hommies that cheered me on thanks for the support! you know who you are.