Arbor.N(ext)-G(eneration) E(xperiment) R(apid) M(utation) P(roject)

Eliwan

Oh GOD the old colors look bad.

C

Changelog:

07/13/2012

- Began creation :)

07/14/2012

- Lurker Morph time reduced from 6 to 4 seconds.

- Cocoon Restoration heal increased from 60/90/120/150 + 60% INT to 80/110/140/170 + 75% INT. Damage Resist bonus decreased from 50% to 25%.

- Pincer Jaw damage increased from 55/80/105/130 + 65% Weapon Damage to 135/200/260/325 + 65% Weapon Damage. (2.5x damage not OP? Think again, Banzai.)

- Pincer Jaw damage reduced from 135/200/260/325 + 65% Weapon Damage to 110/160/210/260 + 65% Weapon Damage.

07/16/2012

- Cocoon Restoration heal increased from 80/110/140/170 + 75% INT to 100/140/180/220 + 100% INT. Damage Resist bonus increased from 25% to 50%.

Unit Image(s)

Name: Arbor.N(ext)-G(eneration) E(xperiment) R(apid) M(utation) P(roject)

Portrait: Lurker

Unit Base: Larva

Type: Semi-Melee Mixed/DPS.Jungler

Script: Another Dominion experiment to see into how the Zerg were capable of creating new strains like the Baneling from the Zergling. The Next-Generation Experiment on Rapid Mutation, however; as expected, the project went out of control-- but not before the data was recorded. The Larva they were experimenting on continued refreshing its flesh over and over, using the mutated jaw it had to slice open all the security guards until it escaped. It morphed itself into an Overlord and then flew away, landing at the Sanctum and regressed to normalcy. It was rather fond of the place, and then awoke to a startle to combat. It leaped at the chance, that pesky overriding command on all Zerg.

N-GERMP is capable of regressing into a cocoon to restore itself; sampling its opponent's DNA and incorporating that into itself; destroying its own body to attack, and morphing into a Lurker to assassinate enemies.

Starting Stats:

Health – 210

Movement Speed – 2.75

Attack Range – 1.5

Attack Speed – 1.85

Damage – 29

Strength – 28 + 6

Agility – 18 + 4

Intelligence – 25 + 5

--

Abilities:

Heroic Passive: Rapid Metamorphisis

"Each time N-GERMP uses an ability, it acquires a stack.

When N-GERMP "normal attacks" while possessing a stack, N-GERMP gains stats or an attribute for 90 seconds based on damage dealt and unit attacked:

For attacking a Melee Creep, N-GERMP gains an additional 3 Minerals for each unit it kills during the time.

For attacking a Ranged Creep, N-GERMP gains +0.1 Weapon Damage for each 60 damage dealt.

For attacking a Marauder, N-GERMP slows the Attack Speed of units it attacks by 8% for 3 seconds.

For attacking a Firebat, N-GERMP deals 9 + 5 * Lvl + 5% INT Spell Damage per second for 5 seconds to units it attacks.

For attacking a Siege Tank, N-GERMP gains +0.15 Energy Regeneration.

For attacking a Thor, N-GERMP gains shields equal to the damage dealt.

For attacking a Hero's Spawn, N-GERMP gains +5% Movespeed for 8 seconds and +50% Time Scale for 1 second.

For attacking a Strength-Type Hero, N-GERMP gains +3 Strength.

For attacking a Agility-Type Hero, N-GERMP gains +3 Agility.

For attacking a Intelligence-Type Hero, N-GERMP gains +3 Intelligence."

Effect: Buffs based on units attacked. Attacking heroes has the largest benefit!

--

Ability One: Cocoon Restoration

"N-GERMP morphs itself within a cocoon, gaining +50% Damage Resist and +15% Time Scale for 6 seconds while restoring health over that time."

Energy Cost: 90

Cooldown: 27 (Starts from use of ability)

Range: Self

Level 1: Restores 100 +100% INT Health in total.

Level 2: Restores 140 +100% INT Health in total.

Level 3: Restores 180 +100% INT Health in total.

Level 4: Restores 220 +100% INT Health in total.

Effect: A surivability move. This allows N-GEMRP to sustain itself in lanes extremely effectively but without completely dominating a lane.

--

Ability Two: Pincer Claw

"N-GERMP destroys its jaw and lashes at everything in a 180-degree angle in front of it. All units hit suffer high damage and are slowed by 35% for 5 seconds.

N-GERMP is stunned for 0.6 seconds after using this ability."

Energy Cost: 60 + 15 per level

Cooldown: 11

Range: 180 degree arc, extends out 3 units from N-GERMP.

Level 1: Deals 110 +65% Weapon Damage Physical Damage.

Level 2: Deals 160 +65% Weapon Damage Physical Damage.

Level 3: Deals 210 +65% Weapon Damage Physical Damage.

Level 4: Deals 260 +65% Weapon Damage Physical Damage.

Effect: A skill that is not much of a skillshot but requires timing to use; yet being user-friendly.

A skill that will be essential in laning as well as in team-fights; but can leave N-GERMP unable to escape itself.

--

Ability Three: Nature's Comfort

"N-GERMP feels more at ease when in a natural environment, increasing its Health and Energy Regeneration while within the Jungle and for 3 seconds after leaving it.

N-GERMP can temporarily wrap itself in power that provides Debuff Immunity, bonus Health Regeneration, and Attack Damage for 4 seconds."

Energy Cost: 60 + 10 per level

Cooldown: 12

Range: Self

Level 1: +3 Health Regeneration, +0.75 Energy Regeneration while in the Jungle. +20 Health Regeneration, 10 +10% INT Weapon Damage.

Level 2: +4 Health Regeneration, +1.50 Energy Regeneration while in the Jungle. +30 Health Regeneration, 20 +10% INT Weapon Damage.

Level 3: +5 Health Regeneration, +2.25 Energy Regeneration while in the Jungle. +40 Health Regeneration, 30 +10% INT Weapon Damage.

Level 4: +6 Health Regeneration, +3.00 Energy Regeneration while in the Jungle. +50 Health Regeneration, 40 +10% INT Weapon Damage.

Effect: A passive bonus to Health Regen and Energy Regen, but only in the Jungle. Additional burst healing and damage allows N-GERMP to be extremely powerful for a short time.

--

Ultimate Ability: Lurker Morph

"N-GERMP morphs itself into a Lurker, gaining a ranged, linear-splash attack, bonus Lifesteal, Time Scale and burrows; after 4 seconds during which N-GERMP has Debuff Immunity and +50% Damage Resistance.

While burrowed, N-GERMP can cast spells and attack, but doing so reveals it for 2.5 seconds.

Lurker Morph lasts for 15 seconds.

While active, Growth Spurt does not prevent N-GERMP from performing actions; Pincer Claw becomes a linear-splash attack with width of 1.25, and Nature's Comfort's Bonus Damage is always activated."

Energy Cost: 160 + 80 per level

Cooldown: 120/105/90 from de-morph

Range: Increases Attack Range to 5.

Level 1: Non-primary targets take 60% Damage. N-GERMP gains +35% Lifesteal, +20% Time Scale.

Level 2: Non-primary targets take 60% Damage. N-GERMP gains +50% Lifesteal, +35% Time Scale.

Level 3: Non-primary targets take 60% Damage. N-GERMP gains +65% Lifesteal, +50% Time Scale.

Effect: A power skill that gives N-GERMP a lot of power power power and gives N-GERMP tons of assassin potential.

--

Additional Information

>_<" I always hate filling this out... Bleth.

--

Closing statement

Thanks for reading, and please make a constructive comment \ suggestion!

I still don't get how the heroic passive really works. Care to give an example?

His Q's effect are somewhat imbalanced. It's heal is really weak, but it's damage resist may be too strong. I suggest you buff the heal by about 50% while lowering the damage resist to 30%, or changing it to scale with levels, like 20/25/30/35. Cooldown is also a tad bit long. 24 should already be enough.

His W deals reeaaaalllyy little damage. Considering that it stuns yourself and deals physical damage, it'd actually still be balanced if you multiplied the damage by 2.5x.

E is fine.

R is mostly fine, except that 6 seconds of debuff immunity+damage resist is too long. Maybe 4 seconds would be good.

6 seconds of debuff immunity + damage resist in which you are absolutely worthless is too long?

Glad to know that I made one skill perfectly acceptable.

XDDD I wanted to avoid making it too strong, so I figured that by having low base damage it wouldn't be too bad.

During Cocoon Restoration, you are absolutely worthless. Additionally; the cooldown starts when the ability is activated; so the actual cooldown is closer to 20 seconds (27 - 6 * 1.15) without any Time Scale items. :P

I'll lower the Damage Resist and increase the heal, though. It is sorta worthless.

I knew I was going to get asked about the Passive.

Basically, when you have an Ocelot's; you activate a skill and get a buff, and then deal 150% of your weapon damage in spell damage on your next attack, removing the buff, right?

This is similar- when you use an ability you get a buff. If you attack an enemy while you have the buff, you get a different buff for 90 seconds.

For example, let's say you start off the match and go to the creep camps early on to get a quick level 2 after wave one. You use Pincer Jaw on the creeps and then attack the Thor; which causes you to get a paltry amount of Shields for 90 seconds; which will probably regenerate out-of-combat so you have that paltry shielding again when you start laning against creeps.

Really? You think Metapod isn't useless?

Go boot up your ancient R/B/Y, get to Viridian Forest, and catch one of the Lv3~8 Metapods there.

It will know only Harden.

Totally worthless.

Also, all Zerg organisms can't do anything in their cocoons or while morphing! Look at Brood Lords morphing from Corruptors; Hydralisks from Lurkers; Banelings from Zerglings; Overseers from Overlords; Guardians from Mutalisks; Hatcheries/Extractors/Spawning Pools/Roach Warrens/Evolution Chambers/Hydralisk Dens/Spires/Ultralisk Caverns/Spine Crawlers/Spore Crawlers/Infestation Pits from Drones; Zerglings/Overlords/Hydralisks/Roaches/Mutalisks/Corruptors/Infestors/Ultralisks/Drones from Larvae! Each one of them, the morphing takes time and they can't do anything in that time!

(Excessive examples? I don't think so.)

Really? You think Metapod isn't useless?

Go boot up your ancient R/B/Y, get to Viridian Forest, and catch one of the Lv3~8 Metapods there.

It will know only Harden.

Totally worthless.

Also, all Zerg organisms can't do anything in their cocoons or while morphing! Look at Brood Lords morphing from Corruptors; Hydralisks from Lurkers; Banelings from Zerglings; Overseers from Overlords; Guardians from Mutalisks; Hatcheries/Extractors/Spawning Pools/Roach Warrens/Evolution Chambers/Hydralisk Dens/Spires/Ultralisk Caverns/Spine Crawlers/Spore Crawlers/Infestation Pits from Drones; Zerglings/Overlords/Hydralisks/Roaches/Mutalisks/Corruptors/Infestors/Ultralisks/Drones from Larvae! Each one of them, the morphing takes time and they can't do anything in that time!

(Excessive examples? I don't think so.)

I'd like to give counter-examples but I don't even know half of the units you've mentioned because... I've only played one melee match of Starcraft 2 against Very Easy AI. And I lost. Still proud of my 15 achievement points after almost 2 years of sc2 though. Also, that metapod thing was a joke. At least Random gets it!

Anyway, now that Banzaiguy snapped out of his confusion, he suggests that the heal should be increased(and has stopped attacking himself in his confusion). I actually wouldn't have suggested the damage resist nerf if I knew it made you useless, and my opinion about the heal being too low still stands after that.

Archived