League

SUPERMANA

So there is tournaments why dont we just create a league with stats and playoffs and things like that i mean we can start makeing it a big deal for sc and if we get enough they might help out with servers etc. Im sure every one who plays this game would love somethign like that. Like on a Sunday we can hols al the games then people can register and we could even charge a little to help with prize moneys. IDK but just thinking.

You'd need a dedicated team to organise and regulate it. Weekly league is pretty tiring, and wouldn't make it quite that special if its held that often, but yeah it'd be good for publicity. Maybe limit the number of teams per week, and do livecasts for it. The scale of the current one is relatively decent given the community size and it's almost wholly managed by JustSAfrican. Major props to him for the sheeer amount of effort put in and managing to pull it off this well.

Leagues are much more difficult to maintain, just ask Redhydra about how his attempt on League went. It takes a lot of organization and dedication over a longer period of time. If the community could get some individuals to work up a template maybe you could get a start on it, but an entire League is in completely different ball game then a Tournament.

InspireZ

So I know that some community members have money burning holes in their pockets--I wonder if some of them might be interested in sponsoring periodic (e.g. monthly or quarterly) prizes based on the rankings. For example, we could have a prize for the leader (or top three) at the end of the period. Another prize could be given to the most improved player, although it would need to be structured so it doesn't create incentives for players to initially tank their ratings.

So I know that some community members have money burning holes in their pockets--I wonder if some of them might be interested in sponsoring periodic (e.g. monthly or quarterly) prizes based on the rankings. For example, we could have a prize for the leader (or top three) at the end of the period. Another prize could be given to the most improved player, although it would need to be structured so it doesn't create incentives for players to initially tank their ratings.

I don't think the system is anywhere near where it would need to be for this to be a good idea.