Gigantis.Melgor

NoWaterJustIce

Changelog:

09/27/2012

- Hero creation began

09/27/2012

- clarified attack animation and lowered dmg on ulti

- made ulti range scale

- slightly reworked Q so that now it is a weak spammable skill so Melgor can have sustained spell dmg.

- made E energy regeneration scale.

09/28/2012

- reworked most of the skills and switched around some as well.

Colossus_SC2_Cncpt2.jpg

Name: Gigantis.Melgor

Unit Base: Colossus

Unit Portrait: Colossus

Type: ranged Caster/Carry

Script: The Coloxin where shut away by the protoss because they were horrific engines of destruction. Melgor was A prototype Colossus That was enhanced with Khala energies. Unfortunitally For the Protoss Melgor became sentiant and went on a destructive rampage destroying an entire protoss base before they could stop it. The protoss Burried Melgor in the deapest, darkest vault on Aiur. After Centuries Melgor secretly came back online and began to repair itself. Once fully operational Melgor turned on the Protoss gaurds vaporizing them and absorbing their energies. Meglor then ventured out of the vault to find Aiur infested with zerg. Leaving a trail of smoking zerg carcasses in his wake Melgor made his way off Aiur by calling a Mothership from deep space. He then killed all the Protoss on board, taking comand of the mothership. Melgor now roams tha galaxy looking for living souls to obliterate.

Starting Stats:Base Health [200]

Movement Speed [2.8]

Attack Range [n/a]

Attack Speed [n/a]

Base Damage [n/a

Base Armor [1]

Strength – [22] + [3]

Agility – [20] + [3]

Intelligence – [40] + [8]

--

Abilities:

Heroic Active: Thermal Lance

Melgor Fires his thermal Lances that sweep in a line 3 units wide and 1 unit thick. Thermal Lance deals(+25%weapon dmg)(+75%int) spell dmg. Thermal Lance will apply on hit item effects such as pyre.

Energy Cost: 25(+1% maximum energy)

Cooldown: 2.5 seconds

Range: 10 units

Note: Melgor has no auto attack but has a substitute in his heroic passive. The downside of having such a long range however is that this ability will do no dmg to towers as it is spell dmg and an ability.

--

Ability One: Khala soul Absorber

Melgor is equiped with a Khala Soul Absorber that can siphon the energy Melgor's Dieing enemies. Melgor targets en enemy unit, that unit will take dmg over 20 seconds and if it dies while under this effect Melgor will regenerate energy. If the the enemy unit is a hero Melgor will also gain permanent intelligence. Cannont be cast on a unit that is already being affected by Khala soul absorber

Energy Cost:100/120/140/160

Cooldown: 20/15/10/5

Range: 10

Level 1: deals 100(+100%int) dot spell dmg, regain 50(+10%total energy) energy if unit dies, grants +1 int if hero unit dies

Level 2: deals 150(+100%int) dot spell dmg, regain 75(+10%total energy) energy if unit dies, grants +2 int if hero unit dies

Level 3: deals 200(+100%int) dot spell dmg, regain 100(+10%total energy) energy if unit dies, grants +3 int if hero unit dies

Level 4: deals 250(+100%int) dot spell dmg, regain 125(+10%total energy) energy if unit dies, grants +4 int if hero unit dies

--

Ability two: A Head Above the rest

Melgor, as a colossus, is very tall can see farther than your average bear. Melgor is able to see up cliffs and increase his vision range.

Energy Cost: Passive

Cooldown: n/a

Range: n/a

Level 1: +1 vision range

Level 2: +2 vision range

Level 3: +3 vision range

Level 4: +4 vision range

--

Ability Three: Khala Storm

Melgor creates a khala storm around a target unit that deals dmg in a in a 2 unit radius around that unit and amplifies dmg every second. Khala storm lasts 5 seconds at all levels, Dmg amp lasts for 5 seconds and is refreshed every time the unit takes dmg form Khala storm but does not stack.

Energy Cost: 60/80/100/120

Cooldown: 20/18/16/14

Range: 10

Level 1: deals 30(+30%int) spell dmg and amplifies spell dmg by 5%

Level 2: deals 45(+30%int) spell dmg and amplifies spell dmg by 10%

Level 3: deals 60(+30%int) spell dmg and amplifies spell dmg by 15%

Level 4: deals 75(+30%int) spell dmg and amplifies spell dmg by 20%

Note: if the unit that u Khala storm does not take dmg or have dmg amp effect applied to it

--

Ultimate Ability: The Storm of Aeons

Melgor activates the Motherships Planet Cracker and selects a targets location for the mother ship to fire. At the target location a 3 unit circle Protoss Aoe indicator will appear. After 3 seconds the Planet Cracker will fire down slowing all units in the area by 70%. The beam will continue to fire for the next 3 seconds and an omnidirectional shockwave will shoot out from the edges of the circle after three seconds. The shockwave is 2 units thick, and travels at a speed of 10 units per second and travel to the edge of the map

Energy Cost: 300/500/700

Cooldown: 3 minutes

Range: 15

Level 1: Shockwaves deal 100(+100%int) Spell

Level 2: Shockwaves deal 200(+100%int) Spell

Level 3: Shockwaves deal 300(+100%int) Spell

Note: Units that stand in the laser beam will take no dmg from the shockwave but be slowed. also though the waves go across a large area, using a lockbox or jumping/blinking will allow the player to dodge the waves.

--

Additional Information

-Melgor is an int caster carry. able to sit back at a safe distance and rain destruction upon his enemies.

--

Closing statementThanks for reading, and please make a constructive comment \ suggestion!

Dang 675 global damage? that would be the ultimate finishing move. maybe think of lowering the range to something like 30-40 so he cant finish off heros across the map. like the idea though and the q goes well with the model, but can you tell us the auto attack?

P.S Be in AoS mumble at 11:00 AM New york time for underdogs

Dang 675 global damage? that would be the ultimate finishing move. maybe think of lowering the range to something like 30-40 so he cant finish off heros across the map. like the idea though and the q goes well with the model, but can you tell us the auto attack?

P.S Be in AoS mumble at 11:00 AM New york time for underdogs

its supposed to be the ultimate finishing move. if u have ever played dota or lol karthas and zeus have ulti's that are global and hit all enemies, (though thiers cant be dodged)

Ah I see. I just got confused by the "though those cant be dodged"(implying this one could) and "two units thick" as I assume that it would've meant you fired multiple 2-unit aoe shockwaves(Tauren Chieftain style) in a ring.

ok all done. sometimes when i post everything gets f'ed up and stuck together and i have no idea why >.< is there a word that would make more sense than shockwave for the effect i want?

radial pulse makes sense to me :P

also. what is the range on these shockwaves? You mention having to use lockbox et al to escape it, but that seems a bit extreme for heroes that don't have an innate blink option, and three shockwaves each dealing approximately 500 damage is a beastly thing to have so few ways to escape it, especially since it deals damage in all three varieties meanign you wont be able to mitigate more than around a third of it. Thats looking like 1000 garaunteed damage, and so it seems to me the range should be somewhat short and certainly not global.

Edit:

Re-read it and saw the range on the shockwaves. Way, way to far in my opinion. More than triple the range of an ingame seige tank? More than triple the new tempests? You would be able to fire that anywhere, and wipe any wounded heroes nearly anywhere on the map.

In my view, either the range needs drastically reduced or there needs to be more escape options.

Perhaps the way Banzai first read it would be best. Make it fire say 8 shockwaves that spread as they move, so that nearby enemies get thrashed but against distant enemies its more of a pot shot.

zeus in dota and karthas in lol both have ultis that hit all enemy heros on the map at a global range. i wanted to do that and originally the ulti had a global range but i reduced it the range drastically. (35 is only 10 more than rancors nukes meaning in pool the waves wouldnt even make it to the t1 tower.) but anyways having a blink or other moves like vortex or even buying items like lockbox and warpshard will let a player dodge waves. thats why there are three so that at least one will probably hit. so i dont think there is a problem as there is a 1750 mineral and 2000ish mineral item that reduces the dmg of his ulti by 33-100%.

No! But that's flawed logic! Just because there IS a counter doesn't mean something isn't OP. It's like if you set Omnislash to 300% weapon damage. Sure, lockbox, warp shard, vortex and blinks can still counter it, but it sure as hell isn't balanced.

In this case, the INT scaling is super high. 3 waves gives you a total INT scaling of 255%, allowing you to easily achieve over 1500 damage with the ulti. Sure, 1/3 of the damage is physical, but the other 2/3 are hard to avoid.

No! But that's flawed logic! Just because there IS a counter doesn't mean something isn't OP. It's like if you set Omnislash to 300% weapon damage. Sure, lockbox, warp shard, vortex and blinks can still counter it, but it sure as hell isn't balanced.

In this case, the INT scaling is super high. 3 waves gives you a total INT scaling of 255%, allowing you to easily achieve over 1500 damage with the ulti. Sure, 1/3 of the damage is physical, but the other 2/3 are hard to avoid.

i changed it to deal spell/true/spell because i thought it would be cute to have it deal all three but that doesnt really synergize with the hero i dont think. also all his base dmg's are fairly low. he is supposed to be a late game int carry. do u think the scaling is too much, should it be reduced? it needs to be strong enough early game to kill those heros that are running away with 200 health.