AoS Tournament Auto: Marine.King

Aellectris

Marine.King is far to strong presently, and needs to be auto'd for the tournament.

He has far too much utility because of his attack speed aura (the sheer amount of it is ridiculous), massively reduces enemy damage, can take out an entire lane (through tier 3) in one wave, does massive damage, and has marines that can 1v1 a decent amount of heroes. When the response when we ask about this is that "oh well vergil counters him," there's a problem - Vergil counter's him because his passive is a bit too strong, and even with that, late game marine king can end up with 4.5k hp, still deal massive damage alone, and has his Ult+marine minions in addition to that. We've had Marine.King auto'd in NA because of this for a while, and the tournament should adopt it as well.

Honestly, I'd rather have Null permitted in the tournament than Marine.King.

I am adding my input to autobanning Marine.King. He's too big of a tank and pusher and DPS. He fulfills way too many roles and he's way too strong especially if he constantly splits his firebat/tank/thor with marines. Think about it. He can fight in a team fight 5v5 and push towers. If the team helps out and fights off MK's minions it's still going to be a 4v5 every single fight. That seems pretty damn overpowered to me.

You guys bring this up now? You've had weeks to submit this yet it only comes out now? If you all agree that he needs to be auto-ed, then there is not much I can say... But in all honestly this hero is not OP... He is countered by any Aoe, he rines give people exp, he can only rape your tower if allowed to. And counter hard by armor.. Imo, he can be near useless before lvl6 or risk feeding the enemy exp, he has no escape ability, no tank ability. I have not once gone against a MK, and felt wow this hero is broken. Also the current auto bans aren't EU based... They heroes that a legitimately Doing too much... Or are too bugged to play with, it has nothing to do with it being a EU decision, EU players have asked me to ban other certain hero's but I refused as they can be countered...

You guys bring this up now? You've had weeks to submit this yet it only comes out now? If you all agree that he needs to be auto-ed, then there is not much I can say... But in all honestly this hero is not OP... He is countered by any Aoe, he rines give people exp, he can only rape your tower if allowed to. And counter hard by armor.. Imo, he can be near useless before lvl6 or risk feeding the enemy exp, he has no escape ability, no tank ability. I have not once gone against a MK, and felt wow this hero is broken. Also the current auto bans aren't EU based... They heroes that a legitimately Doing too much... Or are too bugged to play with, it has nothing to do with it being a EU decision, EU players have asked me to ban other certain hero's but I refused as they can be countered...

You're correct, in team fights he is not OP. He is OP in the respect of tower pushing. He can easily participate in team fights while sending his marines and a minion down a lane with a creep wave and own that lane mid/late game. It's like the old Raynor's passive of sending marines down every lane, but these are jacked up marines and one lane... In a sense it is backdooring but does not fit the tournament description of backdooring because it pushes with creep waves.

You guys bring this up now? You've had weeks to submit this yet it only comes out now?

We started prepping for the tournament for our inhouses. MK has been banned from NA inhouses for a while so we haven't used him of course until today. We played against him today in several inhouses where his pushing and added help in team fights is extremely strong and overpowered.

If you all agree that he needs to be auto-ed, then there is not much I can say... But in all honestly this hero is not OP... He is countered by any Aoe, he rines give people exp, he can only rape your tower if allowed to.

AoE vs his rines and tank and thor? Drake vs a sieged tank 1v1 martyr he goes down to maybe 1/2 health or more. It takes almost 3 seconds for three people to "gank" a bribed tank? LOL I mean sure it's supposed to have health but think of it when you're removing yourself from the game to defend your tower while your team fights a 4v5 engagement? Well okay the other option is if you don't engage and you defend your tower. That's not viable because you're constantly being defensive and you're going to lose eventually if you do that. And of course if you 5v5 then MK rapes your tower.

His marines don't give enough exp for what they're worth.

Imo, he can be near useless before lvl6 or risk feeding the enemy exp, he has no escape ability, no tank ability. I have not once gone against a MK, and felt wow this hero is broken. Also the current auto bans aren't EU based... They heroes that a legitimately Doing too much... Or are too bugged to play with, it has nothing to do with it being a EU decision, EU players have asked me to ban other certain hero's but I refused as they can be countered...

If it's not EU based then what is it? It's been autobanned from NA inhouses for at least a month-ish. At least the majority of NA players including Whales Aellectris Adamantium me etc etc and the people above who play inhouses have all claimed that MK does too much for what he's worth. Like I mentioned in another thread the AoE attacks of other heroes do not match (usually slower cds) than MK's marines spawn. Unless you make it so that the bribed unit and the Marines must be within a certain area with MK so he can't dual push and team fight concurrently. Even queen can't do this since Timmy has a lifetime.

Honestly, you NA butthurt shroobs need to shut the hell up.

I'm not ewen going to bother writing my opinion on Marine.King, as to whether or not he is owerpowered - you know why? Bekause the tournament starts tomorrow, and auto-banned heroes/items aren't going to shange now. You hawe only yourself to thank for that.

This has nothing to do with EU bias, don't ewen dare bring that up, Energy, that's ekstremely laughable not to mention absolutely insanely bad-mannered towards JustSAfrikan, to diskredit him like that, and akkuse him of sush.

You hawe had what, 3 weeks to look in the Offisial Tournament thread and see that MK was NOT among the auto-banned heroes, and now you make a big deal of it 1 day before the tournament start? Great idea, guys... Really!!!

It doesn't matter who thinks it, be it Whales, Aelliktris, Energy or ewen people from EU - bekause it is NOT in the rules now, and it is not going to shange within 24 hours.

EDIT: Also just saw the tags in the thread, inkluding "AfrikansAnew user". You don't really ekpekt him, or anyone else for that matter, to take the thread serious after that, do you?

What baffles me energy is that you only begun practicing for the tournament so close to the tournament, I mean I had to go to NA and tell them to read the first thread in how to draft pick, as they didn't know. All the EU concerns had been address as they have constantly queried it will me, some of them have been accepted and some haven't. To only hear these concerns now, tells me you haven't really been focusing on the tourny. Regardless, he won't be auto'ed, too many team comp's have incorporated him into the strat. I would suggest you find ways to counter him, soon, and no vergil isn't the only hero that counters him...

Lol Aellectris, are you kidding, I'm not even playing in the tournament so there is no "advantage" for me to make a hero auto or not. And call it professionalism that I don't make a hero that you want to auto, auto, sounds abit childish to me. If you go the AoS Official Tournament, its states whenever I updated the front page, but for you information the draft picking system and auto-banned heroes have been there for a while. Close to 3 weeks it was untouched... This has nothing to do with me gaining an advantage inh as I wouldn't of auto-ed Tychus then... I have stated my reasons why it shouldn't be auto-ed, it has nothing to do with a NA or EU choice. Also, using this excuse that you only found out this past weekend, is absurd as its been in the thread the entire time. I asked countless times for people to read the thread and give me feedback. And now I get this thread a day before the start...

I will also say that after the game where I play MK, against ya NA team. We debated MK, and I didn't hear any of you object to him, only Cronos, and I stated that you were out drafted and beaten by other heroes in the team not only MK. You have left it too late, in future (like you ask me to be more professional) I would request you, wake up, and read the rules of anything you participate in before accepting to the game.

Y'know, it's kind of hard to know when the the tournament rules are real when you change them around temporarily so you can gain an advantage while inhousing. Try to have some level of professionalism in the future.

This comment, if untrue, should singlehandedly disqualify this Aellectris from the tournament.

Y'know, it's kind of hard to know when the the tournament rules are real when you change them around temporarily so you can gain an advantage while inhousing. Try to have some level of professionalism in the future.

When I started to play in NA again I told people about our current autobans in EU since you guys had both Cyprus and MK and we had neither of them. I mentioned this more than once, I'm pretty sure some of you must have heard.

The tournament thread is stickied for a reason.

Also nice attack the tournament host who sacrifices both lots of time and money for this. You really need to change that poor attitude of yours.

Lol Aellectris, are you kidding, I'm not even playing in the tournament so there is no "advantage" for me to make a hero auto or not. And call it professionalism that I don't make a hero that you want to auto, auto, sounds abit childish to me. If you go the AoS Official Tournament, its states whenever I updated the front page, but for you information the draft picking system and auto-banned heroes have been there for a while. Close to 3 weeks it was untouched... This has nothing to do with me gaining an advantage inh as I wouldn't of auto-ed Tychus then... I have stated my reasons why it shouldn't be auto-ed, it has nothing to do with a NA or EU choice. Also, using this excuse that you only found out this past weekend, is absurd as its been in the thread the entire time. I asked countless times for people to read the thread and give me feedback. And now I get this thread a day before the start...

I will also say that after the game where I play MK, against ya NA team. We debated MK, and I didn't hear any of you object to him, only Cronos, and I stated that you were out drafted and beaten by other heroes in the team not only MK. You have left it too late, in future (like you ask me to be more professional) I would request you, wake up, and read the rules of anything you participate in before accepting to the game.

I was referencing when we were playing inhouse and the tournament thread was constantly being edited while we were picking teams. That said, I was being a bit ridiculous, my apologies.

EDIT: Also just saw the tags in the thread, inkluding "AfrikansAnew user". You don't really ekpekt him, or anyone else for that matter, to take the thread serious after that, do you?

That's not an attack on African...y'all have seen how African and I interact. It's a joke, calm yourself.

This comment, if untrue, should singlehandedly disqualify this Aellectris from the tournament.

It's not untrue, and probably wouldn't be grounds for disqualification anyhow.

When I started to play in NA again I told people about our current autobans in EU since you guys had both Cyprus and MK and we had neither of them. I mentioned this more than once, I'm pretty sure some of you must have heard.

The tournament thread is stickied for a reason.

Also nice attack the tournament host who sacrifices both lots of time and money for this. You really need to change that poor attitude of yours.

My point is that we presumed it was another joke that Marine.King wasn't auto'd because African was changing the tournament rules when we came to EU to play some games. The rules were being changed as we played the game to flob with the game, which was what spawned Gyro's joke post about Null being un-banned.

And yeah, that was a bit out of line, though the point still stands that it's a god-awful way of managing things.

Lastly, we've been saying Marine.King should be banned in the tournament (and said so to you, African) for a while now. This thread was one last-ditch effort. Don't claim that we only just now decided to come to you about it the day before the tournament.

Lastly, I don't no where this idea of rules changing came from, as they were never change just explained a-bit more. So tell me, why you think I change the rules before I played with you guys this last weekend? Ye I laughed when you made the comment about me changeing the rules just before I played you guys, but I thought you were making a joke... Were you guys serious? Because I haven't changed the rules once in the thread... You guys just never fully read it properly... And I wasn't sure why Gyro made that thread... Anyways Aell, if you think it has been organized horribly you do it next time... I don't need this shap..

Unbiasedly i saw that game and the synergy was much better between the mkp and vespus over the drake and rancor for the 10 minutes that stream was up. I still think the sentry has a higher skill cap when it comes to being op. Any form of aoe and mkp is reduced to using a mincontrolled unit and throwing around that q move. With the sentry you might be dead before you get in contact with him when he is played correctly.

I was referencing when we were playing inhouse and the tournament thread was constantly being edited while we were picking teams. That said, I was being a bit ridiculous, my apologies.

That's not an attack on African...y'all have seen how African and I interact. It's a joke, calm yourself.

It's not untrue, and probably wouldn't be grounds for disqualification anyhow.

My point is that we presumed it was another joke that Marine.King wasn't auto'd because African was changing the tournament rules when we came to EU to play some games. The rules were being changed as we played the game to flob with the game, which was what spawned Gyro's joke post about Null being un-banned.

And yeah, that was a bit out of line, though the point still stands that it's a god-awful way of managing things.

Lastly, we've been saying Marine.King should be banned in the tournament (and said so to you, African) for a while now. This thread was one last-ditch effort. Don't claim that we only just now decided to come to you about it the day before the tournament.

I was spectating the game, and the picking, and I read the thread before and after the tournament, and I can assure you that no rules were edited. Now is probably the time to apologize to African for claiming he has been editing rules for his own benefit in inhouses, just because you would do it, doesn't mean he does it. He's an honest man, unlike you.

I'm not even participating in the tournament and I'm posting here as well...

Again, the problem is not with killing MKs minions, that's easy. The problem is when he sends his minions down a lane with creep during a team fight somewhere else on the map. The fact his creep have no timer allows them to be wherever. So either you must lose towers or lose a man from your team fight to defend.

You don't have to auto MK, I'm sure NA will just global him anyways(if there is globals) but at least institute some kind of rule to not allow him to split from creep. That is the only problem.

I understand it is late and he is incorporated in a lot of builds, but a rule like that should not affect game play much.

Also African, you are doing a great job. There are just slight misunderstandings among people that happen everyday. Don't let people tell you different.

I'm not even participating in the tournament and I'm posting here as well...

Again, the problem is not with killing MKs minions, that's easy. The problem is when he sends his minions down a lane with creep during a team fight somewhere else on the map. The fact his creep have no timer allows them to be wherever. So either you must lose towers or lose a man from your team fight to defend.

You don't have to auto MK, I'm sure NA will just global him anyways(if there is globals) but at least institute some kind of rule to not allow him to split from creep. That is the only problem.

I understand it is late and he is incorporated in a lot of builds, but a rule like that should not affect game play much.

Also African, you are doing a great job. There are just slight misunderstandings among people that happen everyday. Don't let people tell you different.

"Some kind of rule to not allow him to split from creep." Lol. The biggest problem here is this aellectris guy's attitude, that's totally uncalled for.