How do you counter despair?

FruitNinja

Maar's despair messes with pretty much any ranged hero except Dustin (yay for radar, but his radar can't actually be moved into the fog of war...). So far the only counter I've figured out is playing Queen and putting tumors and wards everywhere, as well as Dustin's aforementioned radar. It really gives the team with maar a huge advantage, so knowing how to deal with it would be nice.

:BoundaryScanner:

Good idea, although I think it's a bit of a waste, no? It would cost a steady stream of minerals to keep running, since it's 40 minerals for a temporary reveal compared to 75 minerals for a constant reveal. To keep the same area revealed for more than a few seconds, it'll cost you 80, compared to 75 for a 10 minute reveal.

Don't get me wrong, boundary scanner is nice for cloaked heroes, but I don't think it would be that great of a choice for dealing with maar.

Does maar affect non-units like wards? I forgot whether or not my wards were affected that game...

Good idea, although I think it's a bit of a waste, no? It would cost a steady stream of minerals to keep running, since it's 40 minerals for a temporary reveal compared to 75 minerals for a constant reveal. To keep the same area revealed for more than a few seconds, it'll cost you 80, compared to 75 for a 10 minute reveal.

Don't get me wrong, boundary scanner is nice for cloaked heroes, but I don't think it would be that great of a choice for dealing with maar.

Does maar affect non-units like wards? I forgot whether or not my wards were affected that game...

I know it affects pets like Queen's banelings. Quite the hard counter, really.