MAAR Need Something

Snacky

Yesterday I got to try this curious hero, to my surprise is a useless hero in 1vs1, playing as a team may be good, but I think there are better options this Egon, or MK. It seems very fragile glass, even choosing defensive build. I think it will be a hero during the tournament passed unnoticed, which is a shame because it is one of the rarest of use, but having so many better options to choose a hero worse?.

I hope your opinions, but I think that all support should be balanced, otherwise there will always be a favorite for everyone.

Sorry for my English is not very good at me.

Maar is one of the hardest heroes in the AoS inventory. He's not entirely useless cause I remember a guy (Lovenuggets was his name I think) completely dominating our early game lane with just spamming weak orbs. He used an Energy capsule or two and continued spamming these orbs at us until the creeps all died. There were like 3 in the air at the same time, it suppressed us easily even though it was 2v1 on the long lane for him.. Late game with the farm he obtained from early game he became a massive support hero that actually managed to carry most of the time. I can't remember what items he got but he played him really well, and when he was taking damage he just used sap and ran away with the speed aura.

Hahaha, funny you say that. When I play him people complain about MAAR being overpowered. Nevertheless, I have never ever played against another competent MAAR though as most use builds that only focus on making a couple of his skills viable when in fact he can do just about everything you can do in the game (tank, burst DPS, initiate, chase, heal, buff and debuff, etc.) not to mention his ultimate can be used so many different ways such as warping allies with you for ganks, warping entire creep waves from home base directly into enemy towers, or even warping your entire team home if you get backdoored.

And as far as 1v1 goes, you probably are not building him right. If you build him straight int like 99% of MAAR players do (the other 1% being me), he is ridiculously easy to shut down and counter with one 2100 mineral item. On the other hand, if you build him very tanky and use his sap ability as more of a lifesteal sustain so that you can use your auras effectively, you can pretty much own any hero in the game 1v1, even Shadow and Zeratul.

You also need to know his combos for dealing burst damage. If all you do is try and double sap on new users with squishy builds then you are probably playing him very wrong.

Maar does need some tweaking at this point, with him rarely being played in pubs and IH as well.

A competent shadow or zeratul will not lose to maar 1v1... A fed maar yes.

Lastly, I have not seen you on much lately Owl, but there are definitely good maars out there that will outplay you. Every post I've seen you make regarding maar, you sound like you are the only competent maar. I have seen you maar, and I can unbiasedly say I've seen better.

I can play maar in a very competent level as well, but then I don't understand double sap yet -.- that seems OP.

Haha maybe my keyboard fails because I tried that and didn't work

I got to try maar. For a guy who plays all the time i never seem to run into owl. I think he's dodging me or is too cool for me. I see bin more often and he's on sea half the time and totally hates me. I've been lazy sticking to like 5 heroes though and Fumbles is already disappointed in my lame choice of characters. Maybe ill try weaker characters like stalker nova boros and sentry and see how that goes. Also I'm done with work for the day so fuk you and your time difference divinesashi!!!

Maar is pretty much a pubstomper if you know how good sap is. People win with glass cannon builds all the time because of the heal.

And despair is really, really annoying. Seriously, if you've ever tried to do a teamfight while practically blind, it's the most horrible thing ever. I had to ward the place with tumors and sentries all the freaking time in one pub where I was playing support queen.

Of course, no maar can survive being tased, pulled, epilogued, etc with a glass cannon build.

mar buffed hm...... Last time I played a competent mar was vs crap Im blanking cant remember anyone but adrenaline.... Anyway a four man premade who I know and play with or against fairly often vs me and 3 pubs, Marr ends up with the second most kills in the game, because he can output ridiculous amounts of spell dmg, while having his rather debilitating aura. I'm playing as prelate and carrying my new usery team. Marr jokingly complains (sry im blanking on everyones name) that I always target and ult him first. Why? Because his aura totally screws me over, and hes outputting as much dmg as any 2 other heros on their team despite all four of them being fairly good players with strong heros, grav, marr, cyprus, dustin.

Marr is undeniably one of the harder heros to play well, but when done right he can succeed in nearly any role for the team.

I got to try maar. For a guy who plays all the time i never seem to run into owl. I think he's dodging me or is too cool for me. I see bin more often and he's on sea half the time and totally hates me. I've been lazy sticking to like 5 heroes though and Fumbles is already disappointed in my lame choice of characters. Maybe ill try weaker characters like stalker nova boros and sentry and see how that goes. Also I'm done with work for the day so fuk you and your time difference divinesashi!!!

Ya still at work at the moment -.-

Maar does need some tweaking at this point, with him rarely being played in pubs and IH as well.

A competent shadow or zeratul will not lose to maar 1v1... A fed maar yes.

Lastly, I have not seen you on much lately Owl, but there are definitely good maars out there that will outplay you. Every post I've seen you make regarding maar, you sound like you are the only competent maar. I have seen you maar, and I can unbiasedly say I've seen better.

I can play maar in a very competent level as well, but then I don't understand double sap yet -.- that seems OP.

You only play with premade crews against random teams and only play assassin heroes (usually the most OP ones). You never tank for your team and are the last one into battle and the first to leave (i.e. you take no risks for your allies and take all the kills). If you were as good as you pretend to be you would not roll with premade crews all the time which is not only utterly lame as it only ruins the gameplay experience for regular random team players, but really is a sign of a player too afraid to lose because his ego is tied up in the reputation of a computer game.

When you finally stop pubstomping with premade crews let me know and maybe I will have some respect for you whenever, if ever that happens. Until then, you can run all the ad-hominem attacks you want and it won't mean diddly squat to me cause we both know who is really the weaker player.

We probably just play at different times (i.e. I don't play all the time contrary to popular belief by some people here).

You only play with premade crews against random teams and only play assassin heroes (usually the most OP ones). You never tank for your team and are the last one into battle and the first to leave (i.e. you take no risks for your allies and take all the kills). If you were as good as you pretend to be you would not roll with premade crews all the time which is not only utterly lame as it only ruins the gameplay experience for regular random team players, but really is a sign of a player too afraid to lose because his ego is tied up in the reputation of a computer game.

When you finally stop pubstomping with premade crews let me know and maybe I will have some respect for you whenever, if ever that happens. Until then, you can run all the ad-hominem attacks you want and it won't mean diddly squat to me cause we both know who is really the weaker player.

I apologize if you were so emotionally hurt by my saying I've seen better maar players than you and that your previous posts regarding maar usually referred to other maar players as "incompetent, focuses on int build, doesnt know how to maar" etc etc. These are factual statements - never said you were a bad player.

However, since you so believe that I am a weaker player based on your limited knowledge of my "rolling with premades"... It's kind of ironic you take this route to attempt to belittle a player because the reason you are usually playing solo is because .. Sadly, most people do not want to party with you.

I pub solo quite often, and I am also invited to/whispered for grouping quite often. This is simply because I am fun to party together with, and a (very) competent player.

There is no correlation between individual skill in this game and whether you play in solo setting or party setting. I really do not see why I even need to "defend" myself against your idiotic comments, but i do see the need to clear your vision slightly here.

And of course, you also do not need to know that out of total of 3 these so-called official mumble IH I have played in, I was a tank/initiator in 2 games (micro & drake). Both of these games were won in a fairly good margin.

Just like you, I enjoy playing most of the heroes offered in this game. In any game I play, I like to master each heroes/classes available. This proved to be very time consuming in WoW -.- I would rather stick with less "rich in dynamic" game such as AoS these days due to not needing to play 3-4 hours a day to master the game.

If you want to prove your point of bein the "stronger" player, play some IH where some of the respected players in the AoS community will recognize your skills. Your claim of being a good player only stretches as far as other peoples opinion of you - from what I have read so far in these forums, the opinions run so thin and shallow for you.

Prove me wrong please. I am always looking for challenging games and so are many many other good players out there and in this forum.

C'mon, Maar, weak... lol! In bad players hands yes, but as with any bad player, all heros are weak, except for bio. Anyway, back to the thread, Maar isn't weak at all & sap is in need of a good nerfing, that shnits just OP!

I apologize if you were so emotionally hurt by my saying I've seen better maar players than you and that your previous posts regarding maar usually referred to other maar players as "incompetent, focuses on int build, doesnt know how to maar" etc etc. These are factual statements - never said you were a bad player.

However, since you so believe that I am a weaker player based on your limited knowledge of my "rolling with premades"... It's kind of ironic you take this route to attempt to belittle a player because the reason you are usually playing solo is because .. Sadly, most people do not want to party with you.

I pub solo quite often, and I am also invited to/whispered for grouping quite often. This is simply because I am fun to party together with, and a (very) competent player.

There is no correlation between individual skill in this game and whether you play in solo setting or party setting. I really do not see why I even need to "defend" myself against your idiotic comments, but i do see the need to clear your vision slightly here.

And of course, you also do not need to know that out of total of 3 these so-called official mumble IH I have played in, I was a tank/initiator in 2 games (micro & drake). Both of these games were won in a fairly good margin.

Just like you, I enjoy playing most of the heroes offered in this game. In any game I play, I like to master each heroes/classes available. This proved to be very time consuming in WoW -.- I would rather stick with less "rich in dynamic" game such as AoS these days due to not needing to play 3-4 hours a day to master the game.

If you want to prove your point of bein the "stronger" player, play some IH where some of the respected players in the AoS community will recognize your skills. Your claim of being a good player only stretches as far as other peoples opinion of you - from what I have read so far in these forums, the opinions run so thin and shallow for you.

Prove me wrong please. I am always looking for challenging games and so are many many other good players out there and in this forum.

You are funny with your extremely insincere apology. And for the record, I get requests for doing premades all the time as well from people I don't even know and I don't even "hang" out in the AoS channel for people to spam invites. Guess what? So do a lot of other people. I however, almost always turn them down not because I am antisocial but because pubstomping with a premade crew is just not my thing, while it obviously is for you because you are obviously just not that good and don't know how to play with the challenges of unfair odds (people leaving, feeders on your team, totally new players that need coaching, etc.) and still find a way to come out on top.

And no you do not solo much if at all (and though I have not seen you much lately I have run into you plenty of times in the past). Every single game I have seen you play, it is either Boros, Shadow, or more recently Cyprus and I think pretty much everyone else who has seen you play can attest to that as well. You play nothing else as far as from what I have seen (in many games) and we all know how much respect Shadow/Boros/Cyprus only players deserve these days. Last but not least, you are not the the first of these "type" of players who think they are good because they only play with premade crews picking only heroes with shall we say serious balance concerns, yet offer expert perspective on heroes they have never even played before (I play all of them, usually the underpowered or more challenging ones because though I like winning, I like a challenge as well).

And why would you even make some comment about my MAAR skill at all if not for some sense of jealousy? I mean, you just attack me personally, rather than the argument about how to play MAAR right out of the blue even though you have probably seen my play MAAR once ever because unlike you I play a wide variety of heroes (and by wide variety I mean all of them).

Plenty of other people have seen me play MAAR and other heroes and they can draw their own conclusions. They don't need the expert criticism of a Boros/Shadow/Cyprus only player to decide whether a tankier build for MAAR is good or not.

And as for being a "fun" player, you don't seem very fun on this forum with your recent comments and I don't think many people who play AoS consider Boros/Shadow/Cyprus only players to be very fun as well, especially when they self-describe themselves as being "very competent". That sounds less fun and more like the machinations of some little kid needy for attention, especially since you bring up the "well you should play IH to get respect" argument for the billionth time on this forum knowing full well why I don't play IH games.

Last but not least, you can keep trying to discredit me all you want here or elsewhere just to get my attention or somebody elses attention (you are not the first on this forum to get on my permanent ignore list), but it won't change the fact that the next time I see your name popup in a lobby, I will first block you, then leave the lobby (and also anytime in the future I see your name), and also totally ignore you here on this forum permanently as your idea of being "fun" just sounds more like pure immaturity as spending another moment discussing anything with you is simply not worth my time.

You are funny with your extremely insincere apology. And for the record, I get requests for doing premades all the time as well from people I don't even know and I don't even "hang" out in the AoS channel for people to spam invites. Guess what? So do a lot of other people. I however, almost always turn them down not because I am antisocial but because pubstomping with a premade crew is just not my thing, while it obviously is for you because you are obviously just not that good and don't know how to play with the challenges of unfair odds (people leaving, feeders on your team, totally new players that need coaching, etc.) and still find a way to come out on top.

And no you do not solo much if at all (and though I have not seen you much lately I have run into you plenty of times in the past). Every single game I have seen you play, it is either Boros, Shadow, or more recently Cyprus and I think pretty much everyone else who has seen you play can attest to that as well. You play nothing else as far as from what I have seen (in many games) and we all know how much respect Shadow/Boros/Cyprus only players deserve these days. Last but not least, you are not the the first of these "type" of players who think they are good because they only play with premade crews picking only heroes with shall we say serious balance concerns, yet offer expert perspective on heroes they have never even played before (I play all of them, usually the underpowered or more challenging ones because though I like winning, I like a challenge as well).

And why would you even make some comment about my MAAR skill at all if not for some sense of jealousy? I mean, you just attack me personally, rather than the argument about how to play MAAR right out of the blue even though you have probably seen my play MAAR once ever because unlike you I play a wide variety of heroes (and by wide variety I mean all of them).

Plenty of other people have seen me play MAAR and other heroes and they can draw their own conclusions. They don't need the expert criticism of a Boros/Shadow/Cyprus only player to decide whether a tankier build for MAAR is good or not.

And as for being a "fun" player, you don't seem very fun on this forum with your recent comments and I don't think many people who play AoS consider Boros/Shadow/Cyprus only players to be very fun as well, especially when they self-describe themselves as being "very competent". That sounds less fun and more like the machinations of some little kid needy for attention, especially since you bring up the "well you should play IH to get respect" argument for the billionth time on this forum knowing full well why I don't play IH games.

Last but not least, you can keep trying to discredit me all you want here or elsewhere just to get my attention or somebody elses attention (you are not the first on this forum to get on my permanent ignore list), but it won't change the fact that the next time I see your name popup in a lobby, I will first block you, then leave the lobby (and also anytime in the future I see your name), and also totally ignore you here on this forum permanently as your idea of being "fun" just sounds more like pure immaturity as spending another moment discussing anything with you is simply not worth my time.

Quite a childish and immature response Owl. I have enjoyed the read.

I will just point out that your claims of knowing what heroes I play are based on fallacy and lie. You have no idea what heroes I play, and to assert (to pretend to know haha) what heroes I play are amusing at best. I have already stated I enjoy playing almost all heroes - this game will be dull for me if i play only shadow/boros/cyprus, or only other "unbalanced" heroes for that matter. In fact, your baseless claim is completely destroyed by the fact that I have not even touched cyprus since gravity edge came out (how long ago was that?). Gravity edge made him OP no?

Keep blabbering about me as if you know me Owl. If you are oh-so-curious how my hero selection / skill level, go ahead and dare to ask the "premades that i roll with" - imsorry, fupa, wingman, edwardtorres, lightzout, rDunn, papanash, haida, leeerocks, pooshirt, rubberducky, theoneking, turtleER, zhaoyun, etc.

I highly doubt you will since most retards hate to be proven wrong and like to live in their own fantasy world.

Lastly, the only reason I even started this is because of your ignorant and repeatedly-came up disillusioned comment about your "Awesomeness as maar". You are not. I have seen you both on my team (when i was solo & grouped) and opposing team (mostly when i was solo only since you leave if you see a premade). I do have a good sense of your play skill/style. You are above average at best.

"And as far as 1v1 goes, you probably are not building him right. If you build him straight int like 99% of MAAR players do (the other 1% being me)"

I have seen you comment in this manner about maar play on different topics. You need to just know your place at some point. That point was triggered by me, I am afraid.

Edit: FIxed spelll error.

mar buffed hm...... Last time I played a competent mar was vs crap Im blanking cant remember anyone but adrenaline.... Anyway a four man premade who I know and play with or against fairly often vs me and 3 pubs, Marr ends up with the second most kills in the game, because he can output ridiculous amounts of spell dmg, while having his rather debilitating aura. I'm playing as prelate and carrying my new usery team. Marr jokingly complains (sry im blanking on everyones name) that I always target and ult him first. Why? Because his aura totally screws me over, and hes outputting as much dmg as any 2 other heros on their team despite all four of them being fairly good players with strong heros, grav, marr, cyprus, dustin.

Marr is undeniably one of the harder heros to play well, but when done right he can succeed in nearly any role for the team.

haha i remember that game rem and yes it was me marq n vadim but yah a marr can easily carry right now with sapp its crazy and he basically just reheals himself and does massive amount of damage with it ands its super easy with a micro which i was playin that game to just jump in toss some1 back and get an easy kill and rem u def was badass that game not gonna lie