Gara carry

RaKuRa

Just went 14-1 in a 1v5 with him (I eventually lost after almost an hour) using a completely different build with totally different tactics.

I went:

Superheated Mantle

Ihan Crystal

Small Hadron Collider

Organic Carapace

Barbed Plating

Nitrogen Refit

Electric Mantle

Basically, the idea here is you find one or even two enemies stuck together, use small hadron to land right on top of them, cast rockets at melee range, as well as your ultimate, and throw down towers as fast as you can. The effect is a very long chain stun from first the small hadron, then the rockets, and then again with the electric mantle. Any AA attacks they do against you will injure themselves thanks to barbed and the timescale bonus from your R helps make mantle burn a bit faster. You have over 5k health and over 30 armor with this build.

And yes this is a tank build and an initiation build so even though it is great for soloing heroes, it is also obviously very good as an initiation sequence in a teamfight. Do this into a clumped up team and have Boros follow up for a luda kill. I use the same build with queen as she is really almost identical to Garamond in so many ways such as pushing and containing the enemy team as well as having strong, yet easy to dodge spells that don't have some utility backing them up.

So not trying to steal your thunder Rakura, just saying there is more than one way to play Garamond successfully.

I dont think any player worth his salt would argue Gara is underpowered. He is a great hero at all stages of the game. I am not going to watch the replay, so I dont know your build..perhaps you could post it in here? I would say I believe he is best played as a tanky support hero in an IH setting.

@ IOVOI: I'm like 95% sure that the ult doesn't give TimeScale, it just gives CDR - the tooltip just hasn't been changed.

Nah he attacks faster as you level up your ultimate (it is quite noticeable). Also, not sure if you are nitpicking but the timescale only increases his mantle burn from 40 to 50 DPS which is good but not the core of what I was talking about.

Nah he attacks faster as you level up your ultimate (it is quite noticeable). Also, not sure if you are nitpicking but the timescale only increases his mantle burn from 40 to 50 DPS which is good but not the core of what I was talking about.

Are you sure? TimeScale would also be increasing his movespeed, but it doesn't appear to do that.

Talent and skill vocabulary has not been updated to account for CDR and TimeScale (old Time), so Garamond's Ulti gives him old timescale which grants him a lower A.Spd cap (though that does not matter much as he usually produces SCVs slower than he can attack anyway), increased regen, lowered cooldowns, etc., etc..