Unix Lategame

ProfessorInfestor

My proposal to mitigate the crappiness of Unix’s endgame:

As of now, two of Unix’s skills receive no particular bonus upon leveling up, Peristalsis and Unix Marine. The only point to level them up is to reduce the restrictions/bad side effects they give. In the case of Unix Marine, at level 1 it requires you to become closer than Fungal toxin and Ultimate range.

I know that Unix is trying to be accommodated to the end game with buffs to the Unix Marine scaling. And as I I’ve written elsewhere, the experience of attempting an auto attack caster Unix is far from stellar.

Instead of just buffing the Marine scaling, allow his Marine’s to have a flat critical damage chance that increases with each spell level increase (Level 1, 2%?). That way, it hardly affects Unix’s early game by having a low Unix Marine level critical chance but buffs the damage of the Marine’s even further and gives a more exciting reason to level up your E.

But get this, allow the critical hits of the Marine’s to proc Cerebro. This can therefore let Unix spam his spells just like how Cyprus can do nowadays with his retarded good passive or a Maar with maxed spells levels. This will stop Unix from being such a one trick pony with Ult + Yamato.

This also compensates for the lost ability of Unix Marines to shoot Unix for a suicide, or more importantly, to deny creeps.

I want him to be healer again too. He will be more support...

His fungal should be nerfed in dmg, and make it insta (without channel time) like old old unix, that fungal was pretty good to chasing enemies and his old sap who could heal allies...

I also remember unix was used in another way: fungal and trap your enemie with marines, that was the way to kill, and so funny, not like now with fungal+sap :P

one thing not everyone does becuase they dont look at the talents, but. build a tree for talents put seven in offensive for the 10% spell damge and 3% time, then go under utility for the 5% time there plus regen and such. now u start off with 8% time. unix will move faster auto attack faster and so on, plus his ulti and fungal will do damage faster. then yamato reactor(use for 25% time) and the upgraded warpshard(passive 6% time) and for good measure kill a neutral tank(25% time). that alone will give u alot of movement speed as well as ur ulti will kill most tanks unless they are stacking alot of health/spell resist.

and even then unless they run to team mates, they get free of fungal and start running, u warp in front of them unburrow to slow them cast marines max range in direction they are running, and hit fungal/ ulti again. its a cant lose vs most heros. minus jackson and darpa for thier silence.

counter with mossberg

AA unix is terrible. Starfury unix is formidable, however, but just lacks burst. He can repeatedly heal himself from nothing whereas other heroes need to go back to base, so he can stay fighting at the river indefinitely in teamfights.

It depends on how you play him, but I think that a skilled player can do pretty fine with unix lategame.

one thing not everyone does becuase they dont look at the talents, but. build a tree for talents put seven in offensive for the 10% spell damge and 3% time, then go under utility for the 5% time there plus regen and such. now u start off with 8% time. unix will move faster auto attack faster and so on, plus his ulti and fungal will do damage faster. then yamato reactor(use for 25% time) and the upgraded warpshard(passive 6% time) and for good measure kill a neutral tank(25% time). that alone will give u alot of movement speed as well as ur ulti will kill most tanks unless they are stacking alot of health/spell resist.

and even then unless they run to team mates, they get free of fungal and start running, u warp in front of them unburrow to slow them cast marines max range in direction they are running, and hit fungal/ ulti again. its a cant lose vs most heros. minus jackson and darpa for thier silence.

counter with mossberg

this is fine for a power damage build for Unix yes. But it does not solve the problem of Unix's overdependency on his ultimate.

In the lategame, where people have adjusted to their opponents (with high spell resist in response to a troublesome Unix or a cheap Taser), Unix fails to scale well enough, despite the fact he has sacrificed his early game to do better in the early game, eg. Unix marines used to do much more damage early game (higher base, less %INT), then less in the end.

AA unix is terrible. Starfury unix is formidable, however, but just lacks burst. He can repeatedly heal himself from nothing whereas other heroes need to go back to base, so he can stay fighting at the river indefinitely in teamfights.

It depends on how you play him, but I think that a skilled player can do pretty fine with unix lategame.

Yes, this Starfury build is now probably the best way to handle late game Unix, but I'd hate to admit that every game of AOS in the end goes to who has the best adjusted basic attack.

QQ

OK, when everyone gets detection on the other team, Unix needs either an impact dial or a warp shard/small hadron collder to close the distance to fungal and ult his desired target. You can also try lockbox, but the problem there is when you lockbox a target hero then move in close and fungal, it gives the other team a lot of time to respond to help out their ally. This is one reason impact dial can be the best solution because you can use it many different ways on unix such as pushing yourself while you are ulting a target (so it does not get away) or more commonly bringing an enemy to you to fungal and kill.

There are tradeoffs to SHC versus impact dial on Unix though for most players going SHC is better because impact dial with unix takes quite a bit of guile to use effectively. Also, Unix being burrowed can still be very useful with impact dial because the detection range of chrono elixir is far enough away that Unix can still sneak up on an enemy then impact dial up close to pounce (taser can help a lot with this tactic so you don't get countered yourself).

So really late game Unix just takes different tactics and items than what most players are comfortable with (straight int and no utility items like impact dial, small hadron, and taser). Also, as Unix you should be pushing their base pretty much nonstop as Unix is a lane pusher. You want to force them to come to you so they make mistakes if you really care about winning. Of course that won't get you as many kills as simply using your allies as bait and then letting them die and coming in for the kill to an injured enemy hero, but you will create a lot more pressure on the enemy than simply running around the map looking for cheap kills which won't do anything for your team if you don't capitalize on your numbers advantage and push their base.

as mentioned in a previous thread,

if you think his infested mariens don't do enough damage, you are doing it wrong.

I dont recall the exact numbers, but depending on the number of marines oyu have out you do between 750-1500 DPS with the marines alone.

Towers fall easy peazy, creeps vanish, and heroes take a beating for wandering too near.

Unix feels really good right now.

I mean, I love me some unix, so buff away, but I don't think a buff is warranted.

OK, when everyone gets detection on the other team, Unix needs either an impact dial or a warp shard/small hadron collder to close the distance to fungal and ult his desired target. You can also try lockbox, but the problem there is when you lockbox a target hero then move in close and fungal, it gives the other team a lot of time to respond to help out their ally. This is one reason impact dial can be the best solution because you can use it many different ways on unix such as pushing yourself while you are ulting a target (so it does not get away) or more commonly bringing an enemy to you to fungal and kill.

There are tradeoffs to SHC versus impact dial on Unix though for most players going SHC is better because impact dial with unix takes quite a bit of guile to use effectively. Also, Unix being burrowed can still be very useful with impact dial because the detection range of chrono elixir is far enough away that Unix can still sneak up on an enemy then impact dial up close to pounce (taser can help a lot with this tactic so you don't get countered yourself).

So really late game Unix just takes different tactics and items than what most players are comfortable with (straight int and no utility items like impact dial, small hadron, and taser). Also, as Unix you should be pushing their base pretty much nonstop as Unix is a lane pusher. You want to force them to come to you so they make mistakes if you really care about winning. Of course that won't get you as many kills as simply using your allies as bait and then letting them die and coming in for the kill to an injured enemy hero, but you will create a lot more pressure on the enemy than simply running around the map looking for cheap kills which won't do anything for your team if you don't capitalize on your numbers advantage and push their base.

I hope you aren't calling me out because I'm a Unix player who goes impact dial and taser in every game and I've done it on you; and I know you hate Mossberg taser :]

And though SHC is good, impact dial retains such powerful utility throughout any stage of the game. As you say, it can be used to attack players very well and lengthen the ult leash range. But for the sake of others I say that it is very useful to save teamates, let teamates capture kills, save yourself, move enemies into you (very handy), move enemies away, etc, all I of which I've taken advantage of with Impact dial and hope others can as well. SHC cannot save teamates without the cost of your own safety but it sets up nicely for other heroes other than Unix; it furthermore can't be used to lengthen Sap. But this is just my perspective on why I like the dial more than SHC.

as mentioned in a previous thread,

if you think his infested mariens don't do enough damage, you are doing it wrong.

I dont recall the exact numbers, but depending on the number of marines oyu have out you do between 750-1500 DPS with the marines alone.

Towers fall easy peazy, creeps vanish, and heroes take a beating for wandering too near.

Unix feels really good right now.

I mean, I love me some unix, so buff away, but I don't think a buff is warranted.

Ye as a fellow Unix player to another, the marine's are strong (although not 750 dps, unless you have 500 INT on pure INT build, not counting armor reduction). Eckol knows they are key to giving late game effectiveness to Unix, my suggestion makes it happen. Support/hard casters such as Maar and Stalker are both very strong into the late game given their burst and supportive abilities (Maar more support than Stalker, but Stalker's passive is fantastic).

Unix is left with 3 skills that lose effectiveness in late game, the passive, Peristalsis, and the ultimate, which only makes him a slight damage increaser to the team/fungal catcher, if not just a backdoor mechanic. This also applies to Stalker's ultimate somewhat, but in the end game, he usually ends up doing more damage than Unix's fragile ultimate.

I use an ihan crystal (love the new one) early, then go into 4 int items and 2 survival items. Usually have that 500 int, and am bloody hard to kill. Hive Symbiosis, ORganic Carapace, Gravity Edge, Yamat Reactor, Argus Crystal, Nitrogen Retrofit.

Your marines are scary as hell, you deal really good damage, and you can survive a hit or two in order to keep chaining your fungal/nueral combo.

The other thing with the marines is that (to my knowledge) they are the only summon that has spell resist. They can eat an AOE attack or two and keep dishing out the pain. That makes them better than many give them credit for.

I suppose the only reason I am arguing is that I don't want to see a buff push unix into the "op" zone, because they wouldn't jsut undo the buff, but nerf something else, something I might liek better.

I would really like to know how you build your unix.

I honestly never use the new ihan despite its very cost-effective benefits. I feel it palls in comparison to the old one, which I would fire up in combination with Yamato to make Brain sap create craters.

I think I like items with active abilities too much. the items you written are really reminiscent of Unix's old Maximum % Health Sap.

I shall try it

Well, the items above are my endgame "goal".

I open with one mana pot and durans pendant. From there the next item I buy is ihan, because the earlier you get it the better it is.

Next item is always TPI, whether or not I intend to get yamato reactor anytime soon.

After that, what I get depends on what I am facing. If against DPS/Leech builds, I'll aim for hive symbiosis so I can stay in teh lane while driving them back.

Against a spell tank or boros, gravities edge is the go to item.

If I am feeling very safe andfeel that I can creep/push without risk, I'll go for the argus.

If I have been needing to gank or hero hunt, aim for the nitrogen retrofit. Very satisfying to have your Health Sap slow them at the same time...Run from me now, I dare you!

Hive Symbiosis is great, but for me it is also the "swap" item. If there are a lot of AA's on the other team, I'll trade it for barbed plating. Against an Egon or Other "debuffer" a paralax generator comes to mind. Basically, if I have to lose an item from my build, its usually hive symbiosis.

But I keep it in the build because when in the midst of a creep wave, with all your IT's out, and a team fight ragin around you...you won't die. Like...ever.

EDIT: looking back I think I posted my unix items in a different thread.

"Goal" for late game:

Yamato Reactor: Gravity's Edge: Argus Crystal: Nitrogen Retrofit: Hive Symbiosis: Organic Carapace.

I would really like to know how you build your unix.

I honestly never use the new ihan despite its very cost-effective benefits. I feel it palls in comparison to the old one, which I would fire up in combination with Yamato to make Brain sap create craters.

I think I like items with active abilities too much. the items you written are really reminiscent of Unix's old Maximum % Health Sap.

I shall try it

The new ihan you get because its passive gives you permanent stat boosts after owning the item for 10 minutes that you retain after you sell the item. Basically, a free 60 int and 350 health stat boost. If you farm well in games, you should probably get it on every hero early in the game.

Well, the items above are my endgame "goal".

I open with one mana pot and durans pendant. From there the next item I buy is ihan, because the earlier you get it the better it is.

Next item is always TPI, whether or not I intend to get yamato reactor anytime soon.

After that, what I get depends on what I am facing. If against DPS/Leech builds, I'll aim for hive symbiosis so I can stay in teh lane while driving them back.

Against a spell tank or boros, gravities edge is the go to item.

If I am feeling very safe andfeel that I can creep/push without risk, I'll go for the argus.

If I have been needing to gank or hero hunt, aim for the nitrogen retrofit. Very satisfying to have your Health Sap slow them at the same time...Run from me now, I dare you!

Hive Symbiosis is great, but for me it is also the "swap" item. If there are a lot of AA's on the other team, I'll trade it for barbed plating. Against an Egon or Other "debuffer" a paralax generator comes to mind. Basically, if I have to lose an item from my build, its usually hive symbiosis.

But I keep it in the build because when in the midst of a creep wave, with all your IT's out, and a team fight ragin around you...you won't die. Like...ever.

EDIT: looking back I think I posted my unix items in a different thread.

"Goal" for late game:

Yamato Reactor: Gravity's Edge: Argus Crystal: Nitrogen Retrofit: Hive Symbiosis: Organic Carapace.

Interesting but doesn't your damage become negligible in the late game, or rather do the marines do enough damage to make the Hive symbiosis work? ha well I assume so since that's how you roll but I guess it comes down to how you play your style of Unix

The new ihan you get because its passive gives you permanent stat boosts after owning the item for 10 minutes that you retain after you sell the item. Basically, a free 60 int and 350 health stat boost. If you farm well in games, you should probably get it on every hero early in the game.

Oh man, it's PERMANENT!? the 60 int remains after you sell it?! You are sure?