Help for Tassadar

Frozensoul

I have been trying to play tassadar sometimes and I think that this could be really powerfull

DPS :IsomorphicPyre: + shadowmourne (yeah your clone procs items)

SLOW :TimeSplitter::StunBaton::ForceofEntropy::NitrogenRetrofit:

One game I had shadowmourne + pyre + executioner's axe + nitrogen + sharpnel cloak and enemy shadow was pretty surprized to melt that quickly ;d

I am not a tassadar played but souleater + nitrogen can be really strong early mid game.

well troll build..... :ForceofEntropy::IsomorphicPyre::BanditsArtifice: bleh incomplete list, shadowmourne, stun baton, :ShrapnelCloak: or :MossbergTaser: depending on if youve got more caster issues or AA hero issues. done right you've got 3 shadows on one target that cant run away, and cant fight back in addition to three clones of you and their stunned half a second every second seeing as you've got 3 stun batons all working together....

Son

My honest suggestion : if u r new, start with something op first,

Toxi

Tassadar requires many micro skills, as well as map awareness,farming ability,and all.

Also it's squishy hard to survive proper organised game.

I felt quite busy using tassadar from time to time.

Just quit him from now

There are tons of heroes u can start off

• 1 month later...

Latly I'm playing tassadar with: Hive simbiosis, Pyre, Force of entropy, Gravity edge, Masumane and Bandit articact, but i would like put even Star fury and/or Shadowmurne but i don't know what keep or leave Masumane or Bandit? Either or only one?

Than i set the talents in 3/1/1: 3 to +15 wd, +15 ws and veteran, 1 to spell resist and the last to +7 ms

I get cerebro on INT tassadar and a lethal barb for mass Q procs. Remember that Q's cooldown is reduced by autoattacks, so stacking WS still boosts your damage. It's his core damage skill late-game after W loses its relevance (not implying that W deals a lot of damage, but when you use W on a guy, the slow lets an ALLY deal more damage than usual. Later on it might just be better to have both Tassadars attacking.)

I'm also considering shrink ray against Tier 1 AA carries like nova and derpa since it lowers their damage output by a lot.

I almost always rush a SHM or Ocelot's on tassadar (get Ocelot's if you're doing well, SHM if you're getting absolutely destroyed, otherwise get the goggles first (don't start with them though), ocelot's next, then finish SHM.

After that you stack INT items until it's worth it to buy a star fury over BHM, and buy it then. Or you could rush it after since it gives a plethora if nice stats that are all relevant on Tassadar.

Gravity edge is a good item as Tassadar is still DPS even when built INT, not a caster, and needs to be able to compete with tanks. The movespeed lets you run up to people faster and your shields multiply the bonus so it makes you a lot faster than it seems.

Tankadar

Superheated Mantle

Barbed Plating

Ihan Crystal - Sell when stacks complete

Small Hadron Collider

Nitrogen Retrofit

Organic Carapace

Lifetech Nanosuit

Basically, you score kills primarily with your W but you are more of a support tank with one of the best pulls in the game. With small hadron collider you can pull two heroes using your illusion which gets sacrificed and the real tass by swapping places then using small hadron to blink back to your original position where the pulled hero happens to be. Your job is to pull and soak damage and lockdown enemies with your W so your team can pounce. Overall I think this is the best build for Tass at the moment even though it is extremely unconventional.

Tassastun

This is an AA build focusing on the fact that with your projection and an illusion from bandits artifice, you can have a 60% chance to stun an enemy with stun baton since it procs every 5 hits and you essentially fire 3 hits per round.

Pyre

Stun Baton

Ihan Crystal - Sell when stacks complete

Timesplitter

Bandits Artifice

Parallax Generator

Organic Carapace

You get parallax because the cloaking is nice on your illusions so they don't take focus fire and screws with the enemy target acquisition (unless they have detection), but also because you don't want to get debuffed as you are focusing down an enemy with your permastun. You get timesplitter to get you to the attack speed cap and you get organic carapace for raw tanking health and sustain as your W just won't do the job in terms of keeping you at full health after each skirmish as is the case with Unix's ultimate which is a much stronger form of life leech.

Also, hyper armor of course gives attack speed but only for the duration of the shields which don't last very long so you want to hit the attack speed cap with your build anyways, but until you get timesplitter you will want to try and make sure you always use hyper armor offensively rather than defensively for the shields (its effect late game will be minimal anyways). Of course the big item missing in this build is black hole magnum which if you want you can replace timesplitter with for about 25% less attack speed and no timescale debuff that helps in maintaining chase, but I have had better success just going for timesplitter (BHM is usually a no-brainer on Tass but I find the utility of timesplitter more important).

While a tanky tassadar is effective since he has decent utility (lack of hard CC is his biggest flaw, though), I think semi-tanky is the way to go since Tassadar has really nice scalings. If you don't have a BHM or Star's Fury you are missing out on a lot of potential DPS and INT gives you more shields and Projection health, so with Ihan, Nitrofit, INT items, and 1-2 tank items you should be tanky but still be able to deal a lot of damage.

Also, Crits are very good on Tassadar due to his ability to cast his Q multiple times in quick succession with appropriate items. Lethal barb increases WS, which makes Q cool down faster, and Cerebro resets it. Combine the two and you have tons of Q's all the time, and subsequently your Star's Fury is almost always charged.

He can out-dps a lot of carries as a hybrid caster, but is more survivable due to his clone and shields.

While a tanky tassadar is effective since he has decent utility (lack of hard CC is his biggest flaw, though), I think semi-tanky is the way to go since Tassadar has really nice scalings. If you don't have a BHM or Star's Fury you are missing out on a lot of potential DPS and INT gives you more shields and Projection health, so with Ihan, Nitrofit, INT items, and 1-2 tank items you should be tanky but still be able to deal a lot of damage.

Also, Crits are very good on Tassadar due to his ability to cast his Q multiple times in quick succession with appropriate items. Lethal barb increases WS, which makes Q cool down faster, and Cerebro resets it. Combine the two and you have tons of Q's all the time, and subsequently your Star's Fury is almost always charged.

He can out-dps a lot of carries as a hybrid caster, but is more survivable due to his clone and shields.

This is all good in theory, but in my experience the fact Tassadar is pseudo-melee means he needs to disable his opponent he is attacking (with stuns) so that the enemy hero cannot kite him to the other enemy heroes, or else you make him very tanky so that he can soak that damage.

And whether you scale his int a bunch or go for AA and lifesteal on him, the lack of range in his weapon as a pseudo-melee hero that always does him in. His one real trick when it comes to any AA build is abusing stun baton with a bandits for an extra illusion because he can effectively root an enemy hero without putting himself in as much risk by chasing a fleeing hero into the pack, as well as the fact enemy AA heroes can't really attack much if they are constantly stunned (kinda the same mechanics as Tosh).

I have try celebro but now it have 9 sec of cooldown so is it still good for Q ability?

Not a good build on him as he can't use his Q if he is dead. Kinda like Kerrigan in theory has great DPS but if she keeps getting permastunned by rancor, null, stun batons, etc. she won't be doing very much DPS. For any melee hero or pseudo-melee hero this is an issue you need to address in your build unless you want to get owned.

The noob way to build a hero is to look at the items and say "WOW I CAN GET 600 DAMAGE WITH THIS BUILD" while neglecting what should be obvious in that before you think about how much damage you are going to do, you need to think about how you are going to deliver it. I mean, what good is a nuclear bomb if it can't be delivered reliably to its target.