Identifying AoS heroes

sgtvile

Hello everyone, have you ever noticed the similarities between AoS heroes to DotA heroes. I'm sure many people realized this before, but no one (to my knowledge) decided to make a list. So... I kinda want to make a list (because I want to, thats why!).

[AoS Hero] - [DotA Hero], [similarity]

Cain - Ursa,

Max speed hit for a few attacks, stacking damage per hit, slow/stun attack

Maar - Invoker,

Usage of many different spell combos

Tassadar - Phantom Lancer,

Making multiple clones + clones in general

Cyprus - Slayer,

Massive burst damage omgwtfbbq!

Gravitus - Tiny,

Toss + growing

Vorpal - ShadowFiend/Morphling,

Usage of orbs and stacks for SF, waveform = surge for Morphling

Dustin - Tinker,

Practically the same hero... laser, homing missile and ability recharge

Jakk - Squee & Spleen,

Planting mines + remote mines

Boros - Yurnero,

Omnislaaaaaaaash + bladestorm (bladestorm and spell storm both do DoT nearby + spell immunity)

Erekul - Rotundjere,

The snakes are like the wizard dude's skull stuff + ulti deals damage based on percentage of enemy's hp

Cow - ES,

The fissue slam thing is same as toilet wall

Zeratul - Chronobro!! (Faceless Void),

Faceless's ulti is same as zera's

Rory - Witch doctor,

Voljin has his skull cask that bounces + stun, maledict does DoT + bonus damage based off damage taken and his ulti is an immobile summon that does uber damage and can ONLY target heroes. Sound familiar?

Mandrake - Pudge AKA FatassMeatHookerDude,

Able to pull/hook + burn/rot, these two dudes are basically same stuff: pull, DoT, ulti + tanky passive

Tosh - Enigma,

Spectres = lil minion dudes, malefice = concussion or whatever (stuns constantly) and pulse = the terrazine stuff that does aoe % of life damage

According to this, I can seriously say that if you want your hero to be made - base it off a DotA character.

Did you play back in 2.0/3.0?

Back then Tassadar was an exact copy of Pl, just in range form.

Rory is obviously witch doctor.

I actually think it's unfair to say that Cyprus is like Lina, but the old Cyprus had teleport and a trap, just like furion does.

Zeratul is similar to faceless void.

The roach hero has batriders ultimate, as well as Nerubian Assasins ultimate.

Cow = Earthshaker.

Tosh used to share all of his spells with Enigma, but he's not the same anymore.

Maar used to have warlock's slow, and naga's ultimate. as well as morphlings waveform, and the last spell was some kind of damage buff that I can't remember entirely how worked.

Darpa used to be Techies, with mines and remote mines.

Toxi is obviously a mix of Venomancer and Viper.

Erekul is very similiar to Necrolythe.

Did you play back in 2.0/3.0?

Back then Tassadar was an exact copy of Pl, just in range form.

Rory is obviously witch doctor.

I actually think it's unfair to say that Cyprus is like Lina, but the old Cyprus had teleport and a trap, just like furion does.

Zeratul is similar to faceless void.

The roach hero has batriders ultimate, as well as Nerubian Assasins ultimate.

Toshy used to be pretty enigmaish too, with a periodic stun and a Blackhole ulti. Oh yea, forgot to mention Boros is Juggernaut as well, Omnislash, crit and Aoe DoT spell immunity ability

I thought SotIS was meant to be an All-Stars game? Not much of a surprise with all these similarities. Still, this game has some fantastic original mechanics and content.

What you're thinking of is Blizzard All Stars, also known as blizzard dota, not AoS. AoS has never claimed to be an all-star game.

Zeratul - Chronobro!! (Faceless Void),

Faceless's ulti is same as zera's

Zeratul - Rikimaru

Blink Strike, Backstab and Permanent invisibility

Everyone says zera is a copy of faceless void but they only have the same ulti, the hero concept (at least in the 6v, because the permanent invisibility was added then) is based on riki, the backstab basend of the agility of the hero, the phase/blink strike who deal bonus damage, and the perma invisibility.

wrong gravitus has centaur warchief's r skill.

He does now, but not always. Used to have the same move suited and attack damage bonus, and the attack speed reduction.

Furthest back I remember was that Tosh had Axe's ult, good ol' Voodoo Grave. I was thinking about suggesting a hero that would combine the insta-kill threshold with a small AoE that deals damage based on the target's max health. A sort of anti-tank ult that would have more utility than just an easy KS.