Shrapnel cloak (I think that's how you spell it)

Keithdehun

Cloak is great idea for disabling heavy melee AA heroes. If you have two in a team you can disable their main fighting force for a while. Executioners Axe no longer disables leach I'm pretty sure so it wouldn't really have any effect on a AA hero relying on leach rather then regeneration.

all of the above (shrapnel, shadow, executioners, electric mantle) to stop AA

It depends.

Shrapnel is good for managing multiple AA heroes, and can be bought on a ranged caster who doesn't want to be in the middle of the fight. it also helps will killing summons/tosh spectres

Shadowmourne and executioners are only useful if your going to be AAing at all. many heroes don't really focus on AA-ing in a team fight, and as such the item would be wasted. For example: if a maar is close enough to AA, hes probably dead...

Electric mantle makes you tanky, and stuns, but its only good if the AA heroes consider you a target worth attacking, otherwise they can just ignore you and eat the rest of your team alive first. For example: probably a good item on maar...

and executioners reduces lifesteal by 80%, so yes, it reduces leech (but not healing/regeneration. or maybe they changed that, but i'm 90% sure that the tooltip is just wrong)

How about in pub i just died to a fed nova as darpa i had electric mantle, sharpnel, pyre, shadowmourne, stun baton.

In the early game her crits were crazy :( any way to stop crits?

Build more tanky

But if LZ builds AA Shrapnel doesn't do anything against LZ? I played LZ in a troll game yesterday and I was still able to attack enemy heroes even though Shrapnel went off.... unless it was our own teams shrapnel lulz

How about in pub i just died to a fed nova as darpa i had electric mantle, sharpnel, pyre, shadowmourne, stun baton.

In the early game her crits were crazy :( any way to stop crits?

Who was the Nova? how much health did she have? Your Darpa sounded squishy and true damage doesn't go well with low health heroes. Maybe if you got another team mate to absorb the damage rather than you and you could focus fire the nova.

You better burst them down quickly in those three seconds. Its a good way of closing the gap to the squishy damage dealers if pulled off correctly.

it can be invaluable in team fights...especially if your team has a few and you can chain them properly. Also, its a great defensive/escape tool when you have an AA hero on your ass.

edit: Oh, and it is useful for sieging base towers

edit2: It doesnt slow like it used to, so unless you have a nitrogen its not really useful for closing gaps/chasing..

it can be invaluable in team fights...especially if your team has a few and you can chain them properly. Also, its a great defensive/escape tool when you have an AA hero on your ass.

edit: Oh, and it is useful for sieging base towers

edit2: It doesnt slow like it used to, so unless you have a nitrogen its not really useful for closing gaps/chasing..

Its a combo i use in pubs with the retrofit and a warp shard when they have that flobing sentry. I wait for him to attempt his cc bs and flash over it. Shrapnel the whole team. Pluck a bunch and ulti. Then my team watches in amazement, say wow that's so cool and then i die as they do nothing. Pretty standard stuff minus that last part. I can imagine that happening to me though. Its very situational though. Definitely a luxury item in most cases.

Its a combo i use in pubs with the retrofit and a warp shard when they have that flobing sentry. I wait for him to attempt his cc bs and flash over it. Shrapnel the whole team. Pluck a bunch and ulti. Then my team watches in amazement, say wow that's so cool and then i die as they do nothing. Pretty standard stuff minus that last part. I can imagine that happening to me though. Its very situational though. Definitely a luxury item in most cases.

again...i wouldnt consider it a luxury item. It can be, but so can almost anything given the right context. In many other contexts, it is a necessary item. It is a pretty hard counter to shadow, for instance. A squishy melee carry that cant attack or leach for a few seconds, in the middle of a team fight, will die if things are played right.

I think we need to bring Star Trek back.

Yes, some late games are brutally annoying when you're down to your last towers and outmanned... You can't push their towers because they'll backdoor you and push yours... Star Treks let the outmanned team push and get back if being backdoored...