AoS Build Calculator V1.45

EpsilonAlpha

Aeon of Storms - Build Calculator

V1.45

Last Update: 22/09/2012

Changelog:

22/09/2012

- Released

I've been building this calculator on and off for about a week now. Spending about 10-15 minutes here and there whenever I had the chance. I used the same layout and interface as the old SotIS build calculator, thus saving a lot of time. Hope it comes in handy, whether it be coming up with some epic build or calling bullshap on someone (I would prefer the second one).

Link at bottom.

I have no idea where to put this, so I'll just leave it on the coffee table.

How to use the calculator:

1) Select what hero you would like to use.

2) Select your items. You don't need to select all 6, but any items you're not using have to have "None" as the selection.

3) Select your level.

4) Get your approximate stats*

* stats are not guarenteed to be 100% accurate. Despite constant testing, there may still be a few errors. Please post these if you find them.

Image:

HowToSotISCalc.png

Link (Excel): http://www.mediafire...e8uyila2pj32fnx

Link (Google Docs): https://docs.google....1adVNiT2c#gid=0

For Google Docs: File => Make A Copy

If you found this calculator useful, please take a moment to like this post and leave some feedback, a suggestion or a comment. All are appreciated!

i just downloaded it. well, when i open it, i can edit your excel file, but i cannot enter any values or anything. maybe that's because i am not familiar with excel anyway :D

but ok, i tried for 10 minutes, and didn't succeed. maybe this is because you saved the file as an .xlsx? you should develop stuff that can be used by everyone, and not only by those who have microsoft works.

OH you changed your name! I thought you died. Anyway, it's nice to see that you've updated your calculator again.

Also, one of your older versions of this had a Google docs version or something. I think it'd be nice to have that for this one too, since it's more convenient and better for people who can't use Excel. *starrrreeee*

i just downloaded it. well, when i open it, i can edit your excel file, but i cannot enter any values or anything. maybe that's because i am not familiar with excel anyway :D

but ok, i tried for 10 minutes, and didn't succeed. maybe this is because you saved the file as an .xlsx? you should develop stuff that can be used by everyone, and not only by those who have microsoft works.

Hm, what exactly isn't working? Can you see the combo boxes?

OH you changed your name! I thought you died. Anyway, it's nice to see that you've updated your calculator again.

Also, one of your older versions of this had a Google docs version or something. I think it'd be nice to have that for this one too, since it's more convenient and better for people who can't use Excel. *starrrreeee*

It works with Microsoft Excel when the trial has expired. It doesn't actually require any cell input, everything is done via controls.

I'll try to get a Google Docs version up.

In order to make it work you must hit "create copy of" under File or else you may not edit the fields to actually do anything.

I'm glad google is awesome enough to have that button.

Some other quirks:

-To change hero you must type the name of the hero under the Hero Tab in the box [e.g. Gabriel.Tosh, not "B11"].

-Same for items.

-The name of the hero at the bottom of the calculator DOES NOT CHANGE AUTOMATICALLY. The stats DO, however. [i suggest just removing that box that restates the hero's name]

Edit: Thank you so much for leaving the boots in ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi Boss, been using your calculator for a while and forgot to put a few things up on this thread (sorry!). I know you're probably working on adjusting to new stuff and all but here are a few things I saw missing that you could look at just in case.

1. Missing level up stats: remedy by either adding +18 permanently to G18, H18, I18, or adding an IF test (probably preferred) to column R, row 3 (or R, S, T, V where R, S, T = individual +6 stats and where V = +18 stats). Up to you.

2. Missing consumables passive buff: remedy by *IF(N3=TRUE,1.1,1) to K18 for tea extract, *IF(O3= TRUE,1.1,1) to C18 for adrenaline, and *IF(P3= TRUE,10,0) for blinkmoth serum to a new column for CD reduction? since there's a column specifically made for Time Scale and none for CD reduction.

3. Missing CD reduction column in items: for items blue gene, metal gear, twin paradox isolator, runic gavel, yamato reactor, electric mantle, hand of mengsk, chilling artifact, masamune, star's fury, aggressor's guise, coat of arms

since again, you have a separate column for Time Scale.

(Missing CD reduction column could be because of version issues so just a friendly reminder :) ).

4. Critical damage = 150% now? I think... (you're probably adjusting this already for new version)

Possible suggestions?

5. Missing amplification: for items Argus Crystal, Yamato Reactor, contamination shard.

6. Debuff section (dunno if you want to implement this, I'd like to see it but that's a lot of work and may become jumbled so I understand)

7. Items with special cases (such as yamato reactor, or bandit's artifice, shadowmourne) [again, a lot of work and may become jumbled].

8. Spell/Physical/True damage calculator :D (neglecting armor and spell resist so one can compare damage output with perks)

overall I love this thing and its helped out a lot :) Looking forward to the new version, keep up the awesomeness!

Edit:

Oh also forgot for tea extract, theres a 10% spell resist too.