[New Hero] Praetor.Fenix

Rockandrole

Praetor Fenix

Changelog :

09/20/12 :

-Hero was made

09/21/12:

-A few balance tweaks added int stacking to Q (5% from 3%) and E (20%/30%/40%/50% up from from 20 at all levels) and removed damage from E (40/80/120/160 down from 70/140/210/280). changed ulti to 200%/250%/300% of weapon damage with 35% dealt in true damage from 25%/30%/35% of hp sacrficed and enemy hero takes 80% of damage based on health sacrificed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name : Praetor.Fenix

Hero Model : Scaled down dark zealot with black flames on his shoulders.

Portrait : Dark Zealot

Script : Praetor Fenix was a protoss general who perished in the brood wars, in reward for his bravery the Khala brought him back to life and gave him the power over hellflames, the immensley hot flames that are used to punish those who wrong the Khala, and put him in the imperial sanctum to test his worth.

--

Starting stats :

Health : 250

Movement Speed : 3.45

Attack Range : 4.5

Attack Speed : 1.8

Weapon Animation : A black hellion flame that comes of one of this shoulder flames.

Base Damage : 36

Base Armor : 2

Sight Range : 12

INT : 27 + 3 per level (Tertirary)

AGI : 36 + 7 per level (Primary)

STR : 27 + 4 per level (Secondary)

--

Abilitys

Heroic Passive : The Flames From Hell :

Fenix shoot's hell flames dealing 35% of his weapon damage in spell damage in a line. Main target takes full damage.

Gives him some farming ability and encourages enemys not to stay clumped up.

Ability 1 : Ignite!

Fenix sends a concentrated burst of hell flames at an enemy hero slowing and dealing damage in an area over 5 seconds around the targeted hero. Slow stacks and dispells when the spell is over

Mana Cost : 90/110/130/150

Cooldown : 24/22/20/18

Range : 8

Level 1 : Slows down by 3% and deals 15 +(5% of INT) damage every second

Level 2 : Slows down by 4% and deals 20 +(5% of INT) damage every second

Level 3 : Slows down by 5% and deals 25 +(5% of INT) damage every second

Level 4 : Slows down by 6% and deals 30 +(5% of INT) damage every second

Gives him a damage ability and gives him an ability to let him catch up and deal some damage.

Ability 2 : For Aiur!

Fenix's belief in Aiur allows him to shake off what hampers him for a portion of health.

Fenix sacrifices a portion of health to remove all debuffs and gain invulnerability and debuff immunity for a certian time. he can this use this ability while stunned

Cooldown : 15

Level 1 : Sacrifices 20% of his HP, lasts 0.5 seconds

Level 2 : Sacrifices 18% of his HP lasts, 1 second

Level 3 : Sacrifices 16% of his HP last, 1.5 seconds

Level 4 : Sacrifices 14% of his HP lasts, 2 seconds

Ability 3 : Direct My Wrath

Fenix channels for 2 seconds then sends a beam of pure power in a target direction over 3 seconds dealing damage per second.

Energy : 140/130/120/110

Range : 10

Cooldown : 45/40/35/30

Level 1 : Deals 40 +(20% of INT) spell damage per second

Level 2 : Deals 80 +(30% of INT)spell damage per second

Level 3 : Deals 120 +(40% of INT) spell damage per second

Level 4 : Deals 160 +(50% of INT) spell damage per second

Ability 4 : My Life For Aiur!

Fenix uses the power of the khala to leap in the air then after 3 seconds of channeling he dives in a flaming leap and deals a certian amount of damage to himself, then the enemy hero targeted takes 200%/250%/300% of weapon damage. deals a portion of damage in true damage. can still hit as long as the targeted hero is still in range, vision not needed. single target

Energy cost : 200/300/400

Range : 20

Cooldown : 200/140/80

Level 1 : 200% of weapon damage. 25% in true damage. Fenix sacrifices 30% of hp

Level 2 : 250% of weapon damage. 30% in true damage. Fenix sacrifices 35% of hp

Level 3 : 300% of weapon damage. 35% in true damage. Fenix sacrifices 40% of hp

300% of weapon damage late game is around 1200, and it being single target, its kinda like cyprus ulti exept he has to work for his damage.

and in a week or so im going to start making hero suggestions with the new HotS models!

Please no comments that are negative but unhelpful, they arent helping in anyway. So if you have something negative to say then tell me how to fix what you think is bad.

Interesting concept although Direct My Wrath does incrediably high damage for low int. (940 +60%int)? That can nearly kill anyone early and mid game. and but you can't really buff it. Also, the final makes the hero seem to edge toward a more Tank build then DPS build although I'm not sure if thats what you want? Shud lower the base damage by alot (half? or more? but double the int damage since its extremely low on all the abilities.) Even low low attack passives//abilities that scale with int are higher than 3% or high damage abilities at 20%. When i saw the name... I just realised that Fenix was forgotten in AoS XD. Nice that you that of that :D. PS. on his final, what is his AoE on it, might be hard to aim after 3 seconds if its low.

thank you for replying here are some awnsers :

n1: Direct my wrath is a channeled ability that takes 2 seconds to prepare then sends a beam of power in one derection, its not like starscreams Q, so its rather hard to keep it on them unless their stunned.

n2 : base damage of what? Direct my wrath, ulti? please tell me

n3 : your right about the final making him edge towards a tank build, changed it to 200%/250%/300% of weapon damage

n4 : i thought of fenix when i was thinking of possible new models, im going to make some new suggestions based on the brood war models.

Well what i ment by Direct my wrath, even if its hard to keep on them, 3 seconds isn't long and usually it will take at least 2 seconds to react from it, although by having to channel it, it makes it hard to aim if they are moving as you channel. But you changed direct my wrath base damage. (meaning Fixed damage currently at 40/80/120/160 damage) [scaling damage = Int, meaning that more int you have more damage it deals and more fixed or base damage means the damage it will always deal a certain amount. 160 (base damage) + (50% int [scaling damage]) is wat i like to call it. When i saw it wrath use to deal 280+20% int per sec but now it has more of a scaling effect and less base meaning its stronger late game but weaker (altho still strong) early game. Although Fenix doesn't seem to me like a type of Fire Hero, although not sure if his blade's are acually fire. hmm.. Definately one the better heros i've seen (Some ppl have some full bs troll crap that their abilities deal like 600 damage early game with 300% int. And horray for not making this hero have a rediculious stun ability, it annoys me when i see a hero thats AA have a stun ability that lasts like lasts longer then 1.5 seconds (and in general AA shudn't have stun abilities since they can kill a person in two seconds >_>) [Example : Old Zeratul's Final] So thankyou for making it more balanced than other heros. Sorry about commenting on AoE of final, i just noticed that is said single target, much better ^^ :D, Would it work similar to zeratuls final? Teleport at last moment might allow you to escape :O.

you cant teleport with ulti, the way it works is that you click an enemy hero, you leap in the air and then you leap on them as long their within 20 units of you (you dont need vision) then you take a percentage of health and deal a bunch of weapon damage max damage for ulti would be about 1200-1500 without resist (but thats if you went pure aa damage).

thanks for the positive comments and i try to keep all my heros as well balanced as possible or else its just a waste of time

I dont understand the heroic passive...its an attack?

Or does it periodically damage attackers?

How does the passive cause a line of fire to strike a target enemy?

Is it just every so often he blasts a line?

Perhaps it would be better if the heat from his flames amplified physical damage in a ten unit radius by 10%, making it similar to Dutch Whiskey.

the skill for aiur is up i would do something like this

Fenix's belief in Aiur allows him to shake off what hampers him for a portion of health.

Fenix sacrifices a portion of health to remove all debuffs, he can this use this ability while stunned

Cooldown : 10

Level 1 : Sacrifices 15% of his HP

Level 2 : Sacrifices 12% of his HP

Level 3 : Sacrifices 8% of his HP

Level 4 : Sacrifices 5% of his HP

this will make it alot better late game and very good early game.

@mastercodes :only 5% of hp to remove all debuffs? that would be crazy, he would barely notice! the point is that he sacrifices health for debuff removal and 20-14 is about the amount that it could be decisive, he also has to make a choice, either to remove debuffs for a portion of health or just let them pursue. and lets think about it 5% to remove molo? thats kinda crazy

@ Ironsights : his passive is his attack

@mastercodes :only 5% of hp to remove all debuffs? that would be crazy, he would barely notice! the point is that he sacrifices health for debuff removal and 20-14 is about the amount that it could be decisive, he also has to make a choice, either to remove debuffs for a portion of health or just let them pursue. and lets think about it 5% to remove molo? thats kinda crazy

look at boros he gets 100% spell resistance and deals damage and lz gets debuff and ms and balrog get debuff and deals damage and it is a pretty low cd.

Most stuns last only 1 second, and your reaction wouldn't be fast enough since the stun will be nearly be over. You should make it Debuff immunity for 2 seconds at least since most long range stuns are chains, Example: (Rory's Rebounder - if you use the ability, you instantly be stunned again if ally near you) Alot of ppl get chained, -Rancor, Rory, Null ect. Seems this ability is more towards removing silence (although i hope it does since Debuff Immunity acually DOES NOT remove Silence that isn't darpa's silence). it should last 2 seconds, so that other chain stuns won't be effective, and if you cast to early, it won't matter, instead of having to perfectly time it.

@mastercodes : ya but they cost energy and frankly boros is op as hell, and anyway he can use this ability while hes stunned making it very valuable if he needs to escape.

@misantrophy : it stacks so it would be like this : first second 6% slow then 12% then 18% then 24% then 30%.

Oh, that looks better :D