queen imperius sometimes UP(useless actually)

heimdallr

I know that from the title alone the agi heroes hordes and ppl who play other int characters will hoard here BSing this, but here it goes.

Banelings, with the right gear can do huge amounts of damage OR some damage but be casted more frequently....the thing is sometimes when the enemy team has so much aoe that banes can never land you are left useless. Other INT characters cast spells that do something...even if they can be resisted...but the thing with queen is that ultra is dumb and late game useless for killing players geared up...healing is defensive and of some use sometimes, and creep tumors will dont damage nor defend nor the speed they provide makes banelings usefull when there is aoe and competent players. Thus, the only way to really do some damage as queen are banelings(because lets face it, her aa is crappy and you all know it).

Why I put this topic up? Cause i hope testers and ppl who are involved in making changes make them. Queen hasn`t been buffed in the recent patches and it doesn`t look like it will be unless more people take interest and post suggestions via forums.

My solution? I DON`T have one...but it comes to mind some form of hp and spell resist scaling based on your gear...like....their hp are a fraction of your own and/or their spell resist is based on your own...i don`t think banelings early game should always hit. With creep early game they are quite good and giving thejm early spell resist and extra hp would make queen early op...thats why I think of scaling resists and hp so that it kicks in late game. Also remember that to get resists and hp gear you would be sacrificing some hard INT gear, thus balancing the banelings damage VS their chance to actually hit.

Comments, suggestions? you are welcome.

I dont like very much this hero, I think is one of the less used heros. She can be very annoying in the early game with her banes but in the late game she can't do much. Her banes are still good in the late game, but even building her as a tank (with ihan, seed, retrofit etc) she have a very low surviability.

I don't know, I just feel her role isn't as good as it seem, because yes, she is a pusher but Null can push also the lane so hard with his spells but compared to Null, Queen is pretty useless in a teamfight.

There are a hero on DotA called broodmother (is a spider) who can spawn spider webs and she is invisble inside the webs, it could be a nice idea if instead of gaining move speed, queen could be invisible in the tumor creep

I would also suggest the hero passive of queen changed to (each time queen kill a creep, two zerlings are spammed, they have X+Y*lvl health and X% int spell damage, and they last X seconds)

I think queen was disappointing when she came out (no spine crawlers!) and is probably one of the most useless heroes since she is so easy to counter. Compare her only Spell Damage move to any other spell nuke in the game and she's pretty bad unless your team has ridiculous amounts of CC (let's go... raynor, tosh, rory, micro, and queen)

There are a hero on DotA called broodmother (is a spider) who can spawn spider webs and she is invisble inside the webs, it could be a nice idea if instead of gaining move speed, queen could be invisible in the tumor creep

I would also suggest the hero passive of queen changed to (each time queen kill a creep, two zerlings are spammed, they have X+Y*lvl health and X% int spell damage, and they last X seconds)

dude thats awesome idea...never played DotA so I don`t know but this should make her AND banelings invisible...if not, as soon as banelings are cast aoe will wipe em

I think queen was disappointing when she came out (no spine crawlers!) and is probably one of the most useless heroes since she is so easy to counter. Compare her only Spell Damage move to any other spell nuke in the game and she's pretty bad unless your team has ridiculous amounts of CC (let's go... raynor, tosh, rory, micro, and queen)

ya, Ive been maining queen since she came out, but I must say that when competent players where on both sides like 80% of the times queen was irrelevant. Irrelevant how? If we were winning we kept winning and if we were losing we would keep losing...queen couldn`t change the tide of the battle short OR long term. So like you say, its more dependant on other players to be good(or enemies to be bad).

For starters basically every hero in the game can simply walk away from banelings with the new speed boosts. They lowered banelings survival time and increased heros move speed. Many heros can just walk away even on creep if they got a single move speed item. Not counting the fact that any aoe automatically destroys banelings.

Make banes scale based off of queens health (10% maybe) and have each level increase banes movement speed. This would turn her into a tanky hero and make her banes useful. Plus you could still AOE them to reduce the amount of damage they do.

Or change it so that they leave an acid on the ground after death that deals 5% hp/sec if you stand in it (similar to tosh's gas).

Change creep tumor to grant a passive time bonus to team (3/6/9/12) as well as queen/bane movespeed? Atleast she would then be more effective for support.

And I would completely remove ultra. I think its boring and useless (besides pushing). Change it to something like an infect that would drain a % of mana/sec and also slow.

The queen is a lane pusher, able to punish towers and creeps with ease. She provides healign to players and towers and sight whereever she wants it at the cost of mana, so free.

I do not see her as useless, just not a Hero Killer.

If you play the queen, use her to own a lane. Slaughter towers and creeps, keep yours safe, and put on constant pressure. This buys time for your team to level and get geared, allowing you to win.

It is a little different than other heroes. The queen sets up the victory, but rarely claims it herself.

The queen is a lane pusher, able to punish towers and creeps with ease. She provides healign to players and towers and sight whereever she wants it at the cost of mana, so free.

I do not see her as useless, just not a Hero Killer.

If you play the queen, use her to own a lane. Slaughter towers and creeps, keep yours safe, and put on constant pressure. This buys time for your team to level and get geared, allowing you to win.

It is a little different than other heroes. The queen sets up the victory, but rarely claims it herself.

Yah lane pusher is her role. If someone has AoE to kill her blings she should definitely change lanes and push another lane. Either way, once she gets to lvl 6 even if she hasn't pushed down a tower due to AoE she can take a tower almost immediately. The moment the other team leaves their lane she wins the lane so fast and so easily.

Queen is over powered because she is the only hero who can solo the hard lane easily. This allows a jungler to farm and gank the easy lane alot which is invaluable.

Her ulti is an aoe stun and does ALOT of damage. How is this useless?

Also her heal is very useful. At all stages of the game.

I agree that the role is lane pushing but dunno, lately its like many heroes can push well or even better AND get kills. Still experimenting with different item setups but cant find something really usefull like to stand out in any role compared to other heroes. Take egon for example....role healer support. BUT can also fight well. Jackson role initiator, AND with some gear and circumstances can 1v1 desently(since his passive will make him tank some damage till cooldowns reset)....any tank hero....role? tank...AND can get some kills here and there...queen has fallen waaay behind IMO. Like someone said, null can push as well masskilling creeps, stun ability is more spammable than ultimate(queen`s stun)....its just dunno...seems like theres no real incentive to play queen instead of other characters exept the love for the character concept.

PS: even today experimenting with queen and never feeding and killing all towers, when playing vs desent players my teammates begged me not to go queen and in another game an individual player i played with a second time in pubs asked the same....late game even with tower kills teamwiping seems to own and overcompensate

Queen is over powered because she is the only hero who can solo the hard lane easily. This allows a jungler to farm and gank the easy lane alot which is invaluable.

Her ulti is an aoe stun and does ALOT of damage. How is this useless?

Also her heal is very useful. At all stages of the game.

Yeah, I just played as her in a game with a semi-decent team, against semi-decent opponents (except bot lane on both sides, pretty much).

The solo top part is really important. Until truesight, creep makes queen unkillable, and transfuse makes her unharassable. She can heal her teammate and herself at the same time, too, making her a really good support since it takes 2 rounds of banelings to kill a creep wave (so your partner can last hit more easily and the lane still gets pushed).

You should only play queen if you have a pretty CC-heavy team, as Queen's ultralisk is an ult and as such has a very long cooldown. Good partners are cow, tosh, brine, etc. Banelings have 550 (+175% INT) spell damage total, so if you can make sure all of them hit queen is almost overpowered because the banes have such a short cooldown.

Well, cow isn't that good of a partner as he has no stuns, but his walls can really help land banelings on heroes with no AoE or blink.

Yeah, I just played as her in a game with a semi-decent team, against semi-decent opponents (except bot lane on both sides, pretty much).

The solo top part is really important. Until truesight, creep makes queen unkillable, and transfuse makes her unharassable. She can heal her teammate and herself at the same time, too, making her a really good support since it takes 2 rounds of banelings to kill a creep wave (so your partner can last hit more easily and the lane still gets pushed).

You should only play queen if you have a pretty CC-heavy team, as Queen's ultralisk is an ult and as such has a very long cooldown. Good partners are cow, tosh, brine, etc. Banelings have 550 (+175% INT) spell damage total, so if you can make sure all of them hit queen is almost overpowered because the banes have such a short cooldown.

Well, cow isn't that good of a partner as he has no stuns, but his walls can really help land banelings on heroes with no AoE or blink.

as was stated, queen could be good if banes would actually hit...u didnt read the post did ya?

Just gotta break my leave of absence to post this: use a lockbox on lone hero, spawn get in melee range, spawn banelings, spawn ultra, maybe even flare gun to finish.

can u target banes on a removed hero or mus cast em first? still will try...can`t get the timing right....and the range of lockbox makex it more troublesome to survive their team at close range....have done it a few times 1v1 though casting banes first ....nice tip!

Just gotta break my leave of absence to post this: use a lockbox on lone hero, spawn get in melee range, spawn banelings, spawn ultra, maybe even flare gun to finish.

You can't target them while they're lockboxed (EDIT for Rem: the banelings do block your path if you cast first, and iirc they don't chase the previous position either, they just stand there like doofuses), and the banelings really are slow right now. So you need to stun your enemy like crazy, pretty much. Queen is not an assasin like garamond is late-game.

No they wont chase to the previous position, but if the enemy comes within x range of them theyll target him again. So if youw ere to come from behind baneling, lockbox, run up to melee with him and baneling ultra and he runs away theyll snag him. Or if you were fairly close to start with theyll snag him.

But really banelings need a base speed increase their pretty much worthless atm.

tested this lockbox today thingy....aparently if used at least at the range that lockbox is usable(baneling cast, then immediately lockbox) AND there is no enemy around the banelings go to the position where the enemy was lockboxed....then enemy reapears and banelings blow....so it`s very circumstancial but it CAN work and make queen viable for some time, during early mid and mid game at least

ALSO....i tried this...though might be even more difficult to pull off, it doesn`t require to be solo with oponent...it`s that item that pushes enemy in the direction its looking....basically during teamfights or laning u stando close "casually" creeping or fighting...then u 1) cast banes and 2) immediately before he can turn around u use the active, "pulling him" and wasting him 0,5 seconds plus shortening the distance banelings have to travel...

another version of this that i cant always make it work is to cast banelings(from far range) and at the exact time queen is about to spawn the banes u use the active on yourself and u spawn banes at the point of the "pushing"(hopefully on enemy`s face)

queen still UP, but at least this 2 items give some more minutes of viability to queen

No they wont chase to the previous position, but if the enemy comes within x range of them theyll target him again. So if youw ere to come from behind baneling, lockbox, run up to melee with him and baneling ultra and he runs away theyll snag him. Or if you were fairly close to start with theyll snag him.

But really banelings need a base speed increase their pretty much worthless atm.

Yeah exactly, this is the problem. Lockbox does nothing to help the banelings get there, it just lets you get around the long cast time.

EDIT: Oh, heimdaller found that it actually works. Nice! What's lockbox's cooldown right now?

For a 550 (+175% INT) spell nuke, I think getting a guaranteed one every 30 seconds is definitely worth the item slot.