Cow UP?

Guest danteInactive

I haven't seen Cow very often in IH games.

When I have tried him in pubs, I haven't had much success.

I also find him difficult to build as a caster/INT - only way to matter in teamfights is to block passage, his spells mostly tickle.

I miss the days when he was very fun to lane with (remember the extra long walls?), his E dealt significant damage, and his ulti slow'ed.

Do you find him UP?

Anyways, I'd like some recommendations on how to play or build him.

I guess no one realize how Cow can be powerful if builded over his Capacitive Clip even after CC get nerfed little bit. Few facts:

- every hero has now higher base weapon damage (+15) - it is huge difference during laning faze

- BHM spell damage is based now on weapon damage not on damage dealt to target (how it used to be)

- there are many new great high WD and STR items

- consumeable elixirs are stronger (for example +10% WD instead +5%)

- there is no more boots so u have 1 more spot for another item

There is also some negative changes:

- CC does 125% weapon damage instead of 150%. So u does 25% less of your weapon damage per clip.

- His ulti cd got increased, but it isn't big issue

Anyway, the most important thing is that BHM works exactly like CC but it scale with 150% WD. So in one shot u can do additional 275% weapon damage as spell damage. Once with Levi buff I reached over 600 WD, so in one shot I did additional 1650 spell damage. And u can always boost it up with YR, Argus Crystal or transfer some damage into true damage with Gravity Edge.

Cow is not UP, but he is not as viable as it was. I miss the 150% extra damage from CC, now the dps cow is less viable as I see it.

My build consist of rush Impact Dial so I can support my team and have more scape skills. Then I like to buy Explosive Retrofit, Pyre, Coat of Arms, Sunflare Gun and Darwins Might. Is like an hybrid of caster and tank, with some attack damage

Learn to use impact dial with him and you will find his mobility for burst AA damage is extremely strong. Also, like Spooky said he is one of the best heroes to have a BHM on. He does take a lot of micro and skill though. His skills are more for procing clips and for their utility than anything else. Basically, get into a habit of activating a clip after each use of wall, stomp, and toilet and making sure your next attack hits a hero and not a creep.

The main problem with Cow I can see is that he is very squishy as STR hero with really bad STR grow per level. Besides his weapon range is quite low so very often he can become easy target. He is more like AGI hero but without armor. I really would like to see some small buffs in that area, especially with his STR attribute

The main problem with Cow I can see is that he is very squishy as STR hero with really bad STR grow per level. Besides his weapon range is quite low so very often he can become easy target. He is more like AGI hero but without armor. I really would like to see some small buffs in that area, especially with his STR attribute

I consider him more as an INT hero with his qwr lol

Cow requires major micro to do what other heroes can do better, only without so much micro (well, v-wall is unique, but not easy to v-wall offencively without mobility items (impact dial, warp frag, SHC). Everything he does is severely hampered by his low hp, even when he goes much less int than would be prefered. I think the time he is converted to Int is long overdue. He cannot be viably build for str, and having him not be int means that he has to chose between mediocre spell damage or a somewhat strong aa build that leaves him weak, not to mention requires more micro than most people, even some inhousers, possess. Just changing him to int would solve everything. Alternately, just do a serious buff to str gain per level. Oh and fix the \ / wall thing, the whole point of a wall is that you don't need to be using your own body to prevent others from getting to where they want.

If you build Cow with Weapon Damage as an AA/tank hero and use walls for... walls and not damage, totem as a finisher, and W for nothing but clip-farming, he can be a beast shredding everybody a new one dealing not only his Weapon Damage but also 275% of it as Spell Damage every 8 seconds or so.

Good Items: * = The ones I'm using in the build calculator

*Black Hole Magnum [The core item of the build]

*Darwin's Might [For extra damage and more survivability]

*Explosive Retrofit [50% Weapon Damage + 40 Spell Damage on each attack => yesplease]

Electric Mantle [For some extra survivability]

*Force of Entropy [strength item!!]

*Organic Carapace [Extra surivivability, lots of Strength]

Olympic Torch [+75 STR is awesome, but you have to be able to not die for it]

*Galactic Defender [+80 Weapon Damage, +18% SR, shiiiiiieeeeeeeeelllllllllddddddsssssss]

Contamination Shard [For some extra benefits to your team, and the ability to own enemies even when your abilities are on CD]

Talents:

Get. Madness. Or I will personally shoot you. You should probably get Mental Focus 2/2, Hunter's Edge 1/2, Instinct 3/3 and Malice 3/3 as your pre-req talents for it. The rest of the points should be put towards Protect-- Evasion 3/3, Heat Resistant 1/3, Merit 2/3, Artful Dodger, Protect-- and, of course, Commitment 2/2, Ocular Implants 1/2, Brainstorm 3/3, for Avarice.

Chuck.Tbone [WITH Talent buffs]

391.5 Weapon Damage, 1.15 Attack Speed

4670 Life, 12.28 Life Regen

1134 Energy, 2.43 Energy Regen

2.8 Movement Speed

307 Strength, 149 Agility, 162 Intelligence

23.86 Armor [+51.65% Physical Resist]

31% Lifesteal

9% Evasion, +18.82% Spell Resistance

0% Critical Chance, 150% Critical Damage

100% Time Scale

OTHER buffs: +2% Spell Damage, +5% Physical Damage VS Non-Heroics, +3% timescale, -20% Respawn Time, +1.5 sight radius, +70 starting minerals, +5 minerals per second.

Basic Combo depends on number of charges when you go in to the fight.

0 charges AND no Clip

With no charges and no clip, Chuck is at his worst point. From here I suggest using Anabolic Burst and running. If that's not an option, use Anabolic Burst to get into the fray and just attack at least one time to make use of the Black Hole Magnum charge you got. If that little poke was not enough, you can follow it up with a Brownstone Fissure. If your goal is to let your ally get away, try and block the enemies from coming in, not separating the two (usually this results in epic fail on your part if you aren't good enough). If you're trying to engage, use it to prevent their escape. Since you now have two charges, use your Clip AFTER attacking once to get rid of the BHM charge. Whenever you use the clip, you'll get another BHM charge so no fears there.

1 charge OR 1 clip -- Note: Recommend NOT entering when you have 1 clip as then you can't benefit easily from BHM, but it's not difficult.

Using Anabolic Burst, dash in. If you had a charge, AA until BHM is off of cooldown and then activate Clip, AA'ing once more for massive damage. You should now have 0 Charges. Use Brownstone Fissure to prevent their escape if you're attacking, AA until you can use Burst again, then Burst and pray that they start running or are low enough that your Ulti gets to murder them. If you are trying to help an ally, you can pretty much do the same thing except wall off your ally from being chased and use Burst to get away.

2 charges w/ or w/o a Clip

OFFENSE:

Run[Not burst!!] in, when you get there get a Clip off. Wait until BHM is off of cooldown, then use Fissure to cut the enemies off as best as you can. If need be, \ / wall for extra preventage or if you came in from the side closer to the enemy's run point. From here, they're pinned down to some degree so smash them with your BHM-enhanced clips. SERIOUSLY. They'll just die.

DEFENSE:

Run in, separate the enemies from your ally with some... clever antics (ATTACK!) and use a V-Wall followed by Anabolic Burst to get out. You two should be fine enough if you're good with the V-Walls. If you don't trust v-walls, you can use an extra clip, line-wall, then Anabolic Burst [with full charges for stupid speed!!] out.

Um, yeah... Cow is really good. Math:

391.5 + 15 = 406.5 Physical Damage for the most part.

406.5 * 1.25 + 406.5 * 1.5 = 386.5 * 1.75 = 711.375 Spell Damage

So.. yeah. That's not even accounting for your Explosive Retrofit's 203.25 Spell Damage.

~1k burst is nice, especially on a 5 second cooldown.

Though I can't play Cow like this, I've done similar things and gotten First Blood (or my laning partner gets a Double Kill) MULTIPLE Times with a double-Quantum-Spade opening and continuing with AA items from there. I think that these new items and lack of boots will really make AA cow much more useful.

Edit:: Apparently G.D. is better for AA cow than Contam Shard for his burst output and survivability. However, Contamination Shard gives you more over-time damage as G.D. does not amplify physical damage by 30% on enemies you attack. Thus, I maintain that for non-burst you want Contamination Shard, but G.D. is better for hit-and-run.

1000 shields on-demand versus 750 always-on health.

Maybe it is more useful to get the Galactic Defender, I'll put that in. It's just that the Torch costs 1,600? and Galactic costs like 3,000...

And you can't die which means you have to play like a panzy while your allies take all the damage and deaths. I mean if I see a guy with torch on my team, it suggests they are either overconfident or else they are probably going to be the first guy to leave in a teamfight and the most likely guy sitting around comfortably in the rear looking for a kill steal.

I actually only put Torch there because it's cheap and gives really nice bonuses if you don't die. The build mostly centers on building stupid amounts of Weapon Damage and Strength. No lack of tank with about 4.6k health with the ability to regenerate it back quickly if you didn't die and a 1k extra health desperation move.

I'm going to go test this build now. =] I really like to theorize, but I want to be good enough to do this!

And you can't die which means you have to play like a panzy while your allies take all the damage and deaths. I mean if I see a guy with torch on my team, it suggests they are either overconfident or else they are probably going to be the first guy to leave in a teamfight and the most likely guy sitting around comfortably in the rear looking for a kill steal.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3r1ihy/

Cow doesn't seem as strong because of all the new HP items, he doesn't seem to deal alot more damage with +int damage as much as others (other have like 175 - 200% int scaling) While Cow has more base damage and AoE with 140% int scaling. One buff could be that his Echo scales with int. 40(+3% int) or something. you'd be surprised how much 3% would effect if you had 500 int and bonuses (be neraly like +25 damage and with allies around thats about +125 damage and another tick with combo. Also I believe it says his echo ability only works on his specific abilities, not items.