Leech items too cheap

BestZeratul

Leech items are way to cheap, and I think it creates a very uninteresting metagame for the laning phase, especially 1v1 laning, because the damage output of most heroes is so small that some heroes are able to completely ignore the harassment and just farm (mostly ranged heroes, Kerrigan comes to mind as a prime example).

This coupled with the fact that you max out very easily before most games end makes some heroes rather useless in comparison, and I think it is detrimental to the game because you can pick those carries and put them in mid with very little risk and a high reward (since they will farm without any problem and almost always reach their carry potential).

If you compare to dota for example, unless it's a skill, no hero can get any leech with starting gold, and the cheapest leech item is almost twice as expensive as the equivalent of the old accelerator.

BestZeratul

On topic:

Spell leech is completely gone, and physical leech has been nerfed tremendously. At this point, there are what, four leech items? (leeching saber, hive symbiosis, darwins might, hand of mengsk, ) and two compnents that add leech (zerg symbiosis and gluttons bite) so six total leech items. Seven if you REALLY want to count the three percent on durans machette.

Darwin's cost has gone up and its leech has gone down. Not sure what has changed on HoM, I never use it. All the rest provide only 15% leech. Thats it.

This means that unless a hero has nearly ALL of these items, simply buying an executioners axe will negate teh vast majority of leech. Add in shrapnel cloak if you want some extra armor and the ability to completely negate leech. At this point, a hero relying on leech is dead.

Have you tried shadowmourne? The damage enhancement also negates leech. You are healing 15% of your attacks, I am hitting you for 50% of your attacks. I win by 35% !

Alternatively, you can get barbed plating, and punish them for (I forget) 30-35% of their own damage.

Thus, if you are getting totally owned by leech, you can build:

exectioners axe, barbed plating, shrapnel cloak, and shadowmourne and 100% own any leeching hero and most agi's in general. Mix in an electric mantle and the spell buffer OR organic carapace, and you are now a killing machine.

In short,

leech is fine right now. No further nerfs needed.

@residente : I am fully aware of the fact that AoS is not DotA, my point still stands though, please stop clogging this thread.

@IronSights : I am talking about the laning phase, so your post is kind of mega irrelevant.

The situation I am describing is a Kerrigan that will just aa and boomrange the wave and ignore harassment because of the lifesteal, my problem with it is that I feel she shouldn't be able to do it from the start, especially given how strong she carries in the late game.

BestZeratul

Archived