Phase 2

EKCO

As we progress into the latter phase of our migration, we will begin slowly reducing the playability of the original map and begin incentivising players to migrate to Aeon of Storms. To complete this migration, I ask that all players to encourage others to spread the word and play the game on Aeon of Storms instead of SotIS despite the slight increase in lobby times. With enough momentum, the swap should not prove difficult to execute.

In other news, we may be improving the 1-5 player experience by turning the game into a wave defense designed to introduce and allow practice of game elements (last hitting, hero killing, etc). This will slow down the hero production process slightly if we are to focus on the alternative game mode. Let us know your thoughts and suggestions on the game mode in the comments below.

What do you mean by wave defense and improving 1-5 player defense? More time should be countinuing on the improvement of current heros and the creation of more. We don't need other game modes, we need a balnced and more expansive game.

How are you going to "[reduce] playability of [sotis]"?

Making it so that there is no hero selection; making huge text overlay the screen always; how? /curious

And I think that it'd be really nice if you could make a "wave defense" one-team version to help people teach others. That'd be nifty; and I think that that's more important than new heroes.

However, balance patches may or may not be needed-- and I think we need more Miscellaneous items :).

How are you going to "[reduce] playability of [sotis]"?

Making it so that there is no hero selection; making huge text overlay the screen always; how? /curious

And I think that it'd be really nice if you could make a "wave defense" one-team version to help people teach others. That'd be nifty; and I think that that's more important than new heroes.

However, balance patches may or may not be needed-- and I think we need more Miscellaneous items :).

hes gonna slowly break it and blame it on battle.net patches, of course!

As we progress into the latter phase of our migration, we will begin slowly reducing the playability of the original map and begin incentivising players to migrate to Aeon of Storms. To complete this migration, I ask that all players to encourage others to spread the word and play the game on Aeon of Storms instead of SotIS despite the slight increase in lobby times. With enough momentum, the swap should not prove difficult to execute.

I am feeling the 'reduced playability' of the original map. Every 10 sec of so, the message pops up just to annoy you. I wanna see what else you would come up to further reduce it :) A hot chick pole-dancing in the middle of a screen when you kill a hero? :D

I am feeling the 'reduced playability' of the original map. Every 10 sec of so, the message pops up just to annoy you. I wanna see what else you would come up to further reduce it :) A hot chick pole-dancing in the middle of a screen when you kill a hero? :D

Pretty sure that would have the opposite effect. But what the heck, let's put it in the AoS map so it can clinch the no.1 spot!

If you're afraid that making a test map will take too long, why not consider the death period to allow tests? Or even give an in-game tutorial using triggers. What do you mean by "challenges", anyway? Is it something like what I suggested long ago?

correction, balancing existing heros should be the priority, but i do agree with you.

The most time efficient way to do this might be to have multiple organized matches (most likely on mumble so get on it!!! ) in which all balance points are brought up and tested. In these games, you can also implement one new hero, and test simultaneously.

The most time efficient way to do this might be to have multiple organized matches (most likely on mumble so get on it!!! ) in which all balance points are brought up and tested. In these games, you can also implement one new hero, and test simultaneously.

Oh hey, you just described what alpha testing is MEANT to be like.

Well I couldn't follow because not everyone gets a chance to do it, especially SEA. Do you get to do it Banzaiguy and how often?

I've only played alpha about 2-3 times, but that was in 5.0. It was fairly easy to get into last time I tried. I just camped in the Mumble alpha channel and the alpha chat channel and suddenly got picked. I g

Archived