Micro with Warp Shard/Small Hadron Collider

lOvOl

This is a topic I brought up before in older patches before the small hadron collider was introduced where warp shard and taser on Micro was a broken combo, but now with small hadron collider, Micro is even more broken assuming his team is not terrible (or he can just have a Rory follow him around the whole game).

The problem lies in that Micro can blink in with small hadron collider, throw an enemy hero to his own team during the one second stun, and then use his skill blink to get out of harms way before the enemy can respond with a silence or a stun themselves. It is in effect a broken mechanic on Micro because there is no counter to this combo, whereas before if you were really quick with the trigger finger you could sometimes silence Micro with a taser before he blinked back (that is assuming he didn't chain combo the taser silence himself and you happen to be the one on your team with a taser) since he would only have a warp shard and not a small hadron collider with an AoE stun.

Now, we can debate whether warp shard and small hadron collider should be items at all (they are fun items on many heroes), but the main debate I have is about Micro himself due to SHC being too good of an item for him. Perhaps his blink should be changed to something more akin to a charge (kind of like Zyrkhan's charge with a different property) or perhaps his blink should become some passive ability like a spell resist aura.

But really I think this aspect of his play with small hadron collider should be looked at seriously because it in effect makes Micro a no-skill hero since with the 1 second stun there is literally no risk now to him in blinking in with SHC throwing an enemy in range, and then using his skill blink to get out of harm's way. Personally, I find this much more abuseable than Boros with warp shard and impact dial ever was, but because Boros is more popular I think the nerf to bola got most of the attention.

Now before anyone jumps to conclusions, I don't think there is anything wrong with Micro except for this combo with SHC and his own blink in terms of the mechanics itself so considering how much a lot of people like SHC in their builds for other heroes, I really just think Micro's native blink ability should be changed/removed/replaced to reflect the fact it is intended primarily as an initiation tool, rather than as an escape tool while using a more powerful item (warp shard) to actually initiate combat.

I have similar feeling about this game aspect that blink ability exist as item active and on specific heroes as well. I think one or other should be removed/reworked. Micro has his own blink and he shouldn't need anything else. Jackson is the beast in team engagements mainly because of Warp Shard. Even player with no skill can do great job with Jax. I think if hero doesn't have build in blink he shouldn't be able to achieve this kind of utility. Now there are no boots in game so having Warp Shard isn't big deal. U have still 5 free slots. Moreover there is also SHC which gives quite good stats as well. I don't mind Impact Dial as it require some skill to use well but Warp Shard and SHC item should be reworked.

:O

Could you imagine how awesome that would be????

Cheap warp shard with charges wowwww that would be awesome.

Wish we could experience that!

I don't know if you serious or sarcastic. Anyway I will take it serious:

I don't need imagine it because I experienced it in the 3.0, and yes, it was awesome!

Boros in this case should be banned forever, since his bola in comparison to your combo:

1) does the same drag thing while putting no risk on boros at all

2) has same range

3) doesn't bear any mineral/item slot expenses on Boros player

4) does damage while target is "in the air"

Not mentioning proper microing of Micro in order to toss the right target to right location.

Y U NO play micro yourelf, pwn everyone with this combo and post a replay here to show everyone how "sickly imbalanced" micro is?

Boros in this case should be banned forever, since his bola in comparison to your combo:

2) has same range

Not mentioning proper microing of Micro in order to toss the right target to right location.

Y U NO play micro yourelf, pwn everyone with this combo and post a replay here to show everyone how "sickly imbalanced" micro is?

You're talking to one of the best Micro and generally most knowledgeable players anywh- oh, it's IOVOI. Carry on.

2) has same range

well, there is major difference between both: Micro has almost guarantee toss every time he trying while Boros bola has to catch someone first and honestly it is quite easy to dodge...

2) has same range

I play all heroes and Micro is not much in the way of a skill hero when you factor in riskless initiation using a SHC and his own blink. Compared every other hero in the game he is probably in the middle of the pack as far as difficulty goes assuming you don't get a SHC. If you get a SHC you just get in range of any enemy hero and warp in, stun them, then throw them, and slime them and another enemy hero jumps on you, you blink away. Have a rory tag along full time and you will find Micro getting 30 assists and Rory getting 30 kills until their whole team buys parallax generators.

• 2 weeks later...

Auto attacks, cannons, novas q everything off the top of my head that can hit someone whos been tossed mid air Probably aoes aswell but ive never payed attention to it

Really? I always thought that the attacks only showed the animation but never did real damage until the hero landed. Or maybe the damage mitigates after the hero is landed? I've used Nova's Q before and Cyprus ulti on a flying hero but I haven't killed a person or did damage.... Or maybe I wasn't paying attention?