Intro

Wrath

Hey all, Wrath here!

I've been playing on NA for a long time, used to frequent the forums, and rarely played on Mumble. Recently I have taken to playing on Mumble again, and just decided to register for the new forums.

I run with Greed a lot, at one point we also had a Sloth, Gluttony, and Pride -- but those three are pretty inactive now.

My favorite hero is Rancor, I play him with INT as any good Rancor should. I've noticed that there isn't a guide for Rancor yet, I'll probably write one soon. On the old forums I wrote a guide for Toximancer directed at new players and a guide on Shields when HSG and Spell Buffer were heavily invested in shields. I kept them pretty well formated, and I'll try to bring that to my Rancor guide too.

I don't just play Rancor, I'll play pretty much anything, but Rancor is competitively my best.

Well, nice to meet you all, I look forward to speaking with everyone.

Wrath.224

Sooo, nobody wanted to be Envy and Lust?

Well, we were constantly keeping an eye out for people to recruit but by the time that we had five of us we were frequently in a party of four and didn't see enough other people to recruit anybody else. Then Pride broke off from the group, and 5.0 came out which none of us really liked, so several of us stopped playing for quite a bit.

I've been told that Lust actually can't be taken! Not an acceptable name or something. Don't know if that's true or not.

I dont think any good rancor should build him int. Our best rancors in EU are dps because in the late game having an int rancor mean having 1 less player. Personally for me the best thing is a hybrid with sfg, gravity edge, pyre, stars fury, time splitter and shadowmourne

Edit: and welcome to the forums dude!

I dont think any good rancor should build him int. Our best rancors in EU are dps because in the late game having an int rancor mean having 1 less player. Personally for me the best thing is a hybrid with sfg, gravity edge, pyre, stars fury, time splitter and shadowmourne

I could not disagree more. By late game I have enough INT to kill anything but the tankiest of tanks, and that's not the point anyways. My job as an INT Rancor involves four things:

• Sniping the right hero at the right time so that the carries can do most of the damage.
  • Scanning excessively to support my team.
  • Dropping copious high damage nukes into big team battles.
  • Finishing off anybody that escapes with nukes.

Even if I didn't have a good team to back me up, I frequently carry Rancor against weapon damage heroes like Shadow, Nova, and Grunty. If they ever truly become a problem, I just add a Shrapnel Cloak to my build to disable them completely long enough to kill them.

Anyways, I wish I could show you EU players how Rancor is done, but it probably won't happen anytime soon.

I could not disagree more. By late game I have enough INT to kill anything but the tankiest of tanks, and that's not the point anyways. My job as an INT Rancor involves four things:

• Sniping the right hero at the right time so that the carries can do most of the damage.
  • Scanning excessively to support my team.
  • Dropping copious high damage nukes into big team battles.
  • Finishing off anybody that escapes with nukes.

Even if I didn't have a good team to back me up, I frequently carry Rancor against weapon damage heroes like Shadow, Nova, and Grunty. If they ever truly become a problem, I just add a Shrapnel Cloak to my build to disable them completely long enough to kill them.

Anyways, I wish I could show you EU players how Rancor is done, but it probably won't happen anytime soon.

I would like to see you a replay of your INT rancor (in ih of course, because on pub, its easy to score 20 kills with int rancor)

Tell me how to deal with a Shadow with darwins and shinobi (for example) who can reach near to 2.8k hp and insane leech, with 1 shot you can take down, 50% of that hp? when you land your first nuke shadow will have again all his hp because of the leech, and you hopefully will survive more than 3 shots. Against boros or zeratul, you can't do anything even if you are dps or not.

The only point I agree with you is the Sharpnel Cloak, but I think a smart true AA dps carry would not die against a INT rancor in the late game, unless the diff between you is high because you've been fed.

And finish anybody that escape with nukes, in ih, as far as i see is not that easy, because they are not retarded like pubs, if they see a nuke, they go in the opposite direction, instead of face it like pub players.

PS: im not an ih player, I dont like much play ih because it take much time for a game, but i cant negate that you can't compare AoS pub with AoS ih, because ih players usually aren't retards

PS2: I always loved int rancor, but when i begun to play him as dps with bhm I saw the difference 1 galactic defender can pretty disable a rancor, you will survive the snipe, and you will quickly press the key to activate 1000 shields, your nukes will not hit your enemy hp with that amount of shield, and the 18% spell resist (even with gravity edge) will help

Tell me how to deal with a Shadow with darwins and shinobi (for example) who can reach near to 2.8k hp and insane leech, with 1 shot you can take down, 50% of that hp? when you land your first nuke shadow will have again all his hp because of the leech, and you hopefully will survive more than 3 shots. Against boros or zeratul, you can't do anything even if you are dps or not.

By that point I would expect my snipe to be doing nearly 1K damage courtesy of blue gene, argus crystal, and blinkmoth serum... And that's not even mentioning the nukes. Darwin's is great for fighting other attack carries or tanks, but Shadow would die to my burst damage. And I have never found myself soloing a Shadow, Boros, or Zeratul during an IH. My role is to stun the damage dealers and drop massive damage nukes on the team fight. It's support. If you're frequently dying to Shadow, Boros, or Zera in the way you describe, it's because of bad positioning.

The only point I agree with you is the Sharpnel Cloak, but I think a smart true AA dps carry would not die against a INT rancor in the late game, unless the diff between you is high because you've been fed.

And finish anybody that escape with nukes, in ih, as far as i see is not that easy, because they are not retarded like pubs, if they see a nuke, they go in the opposite direction, instead of face it like pub players.

AA carries rarely have any survivability... They will die to a Rancor's burst damage just as Rancor would die to their very high sustained damage. I do believe Rancor can frequently solo heroes like Shadow, especially if he has a Shrapnel Cloak, but he also doesn't have to. The main point is to make sure to snipe at the appropriate time for your team, and drop nukes on the team fight. As far as killing people who escape with nukes goes, it does seem easier to do in pubs, but I'm also better than most Rancor players at doing it.

AA carries rarely have any survivability... They will die to a Rancor's burst damage just as Rancor would die to their very high sustained damage. I do believe Rancor can frequently solo heroes like Shadow, especially if he has a Shrapnel Cloak, but he also doesn't have to. The main point is to make sure to snipe at the appropriate time for your team, and drop nukes on the team fight. As far as killing people who escape with nukes goes, it does seem easier to do in pubs, but I'm also better than most Rancor players at doing it.

Rarely have any survivability? I really only play Nova as far as AA carries go, some tosh too, but regardless, I always have around 3,5k hp after my first 2 items, how is that not having any survivability?

Rarely have any survivability? I really only play Nova as far as AA carries go, some tosh too, but regardless, I always have around 3,5k hp after my first 2 items, how is that not having any survivability?

I find it unlikely that you have 3.5k health as a weapon damage carry after two items, and regardless of what you believe you have in that situation, I have never had any trouble taking down weapon damage carries as INT Rancor.

Exactly what two items are you talking about?

i <3 rancor ^_^ he is my fav and i like to pew pew pew and mobile sentry ward and see the looks on peoples faces when i snipe and they are missing 1/2-3/4 of their health ^_^ rawr int rancor forever

oh and int rancor will eat aa rancor(or just about any other agi or int hero) for breakfast late game ^_^

I find it unlikely that you have 3.5k health as a weapon damage carry after two items, and regardless of what you believe you have in that situation, I have never had any trouble taking down weapon damage carries as INT Rancor.

Exactly what two items are you talking about?

Force of Entropy and Carapace.

That the people you are playing against are retarded enough to not get any survivability on DPS heroes doesn't mean that they shouldn't.

That the people you are playing against are retarded enough to not get any survivability on DPS heroes doesn't mean that they shouldn't.

i can understand those items on a tosh but on a nova or most other dps heros i feel like u could just ignore them as they will be doing no dmg

Getting those 2 items first really sacrifices Nova's dps potential. Especially since her E is a great escape skill and you won't need that much survivability mid game

i <3 rancor ^_^ he is my fav and i like to pew pew pew and mobile sentry ward and see the looks on peoples faces when i snipe and they are missing 1/2-3/4 of their health ^_^ rawr int rancor forever

oh and int rancor will eat aa rancor(or just about any other agi or int hero) for breakfast late game ^_^

and int (smart) rancor will eat aa (retarded) rancor

an int (smart) rancor do nothing against aa (smart) rancor, with his elixir, his taser and his 450 weapon damage

I had a game against a retardly fed rancor, who could buy sunflare gun (not flare) at lvl 9, and he began to kill all our squishy heros like grunty, he killed him like 9 times

1 hour passed and all of us were fully geared, and the grunty begun to rape and rape that rancor, with his shinoby, foe, darwins, pyre, time splitter and galactic defender, that poor int soul only could spam some nukes if he didnt want to die

PS: i was playing bio so i can't say much about bio-rancor relationship, is just pointless

I recommend you a darwins and a shinoby style, not as much hp like caparace + foe (1000+1250) but much more damage, 40 from darwins and 60 from shinobi, with the hp from both (900 in total)

shinobi does come off as very meh as far as what it does. but dear lord if your starting with a frozen mallet and a warmogs on nova, or if you prefer, and eye of skadi and a heart of tarrasque on nova for starting items, you have no idea what your doing shab.

edit:

for 4k, i'd rather have max attackspeed (lethal barb)

or a pyre + a bit of something else

or a small hadron for stun + mobility

or a stun baton/lightning rod/explosive for farming

or even a HoM to be honest

anyways, i wouldn't ever build a sunflare on int rancor. its like a super weak version of DFG that is absurdly expensive and doesn't give enough int. and you hafta get too close to use it.

go: Ihan crystal, argus crystal, then gravity edge if they are getting spell resist items, then yamato/starfury/shadowmourne as needed. Then sell (full stacked) ihan crystal and buy whatever you want (nitrogen) and keep a free 60 int and 350 hp

the great thing about snipe and nukes is that they have a longer than taser range or rancor auto attack range... aa rancor will never get close enough to int rancor to attack him before he is dead

The great thing about Taser is that it have exactly the same range than the snipe... test it if you dont believe me, the cool thing is that snipe have channel time, and taser not

At the least, when I said that attack carries "rarely have any survivability", that was true, because I've never heard of anybody other than yourself starting with those two items on a Nova. If I was playing an attack carry, I would prefer to build damage and then let my tank initiate properly so that I could dish out the real damage without fear.