Kick Afk players

MuskieSlap

Is it possible to implement a command that kicks players that are idle more than 5 minutes?

Also another request is a command that requests a draw if 3 or more team members leave within the first 3 minutes.

First request - yes there is a trigger event that can be triggered by character idle in the editor, so you could in theory auto kick based on a counter started from going idle

Second request - Pretty sure the game does not support draws and even if it did, cant see the bigger team voting yes on it. Win or surrender are your only options there.

Have both won and lost 2 and 3 v 5s so its def doable both ways

3v5 is a very winnable game, 2v5 requires a lot of luck or poor enemy teamwork and you usually are just holding out till 1-2 of them leave either bc they dont want to play full game or as a RQ bc of deaths to a team of 2 so you get better odds

yes 3v5 is manageable but lets say you are 2v5 and both of you want to draw. It would require both sides to agree though.

As I indicated above

1) there is no DRAW in AoS, only wins and losses

2) even if there was, why would the bigger team vote to take a draw over what should be an easy win?

I disagree with the draw option. If your team all drops and you dont want to fight it out, bite the bullet and surrender.

As for teh auto-kick, I whole heartedly approve.

After 5 minutes AFK, just kick them and five us our 7% plus their minerals. So annoying for one guy to go afk, leaving your team with "more" players whilethe other team has "fewer" and gets leaver bonuses.

Even it out!

It shouldn't be an automatic kick, because some people might be doing legitimately well without a hero and the hero who left might have said he's coming back eventually.

If you leave for more than 5 minutes or so you have effectively become worthless most of the time, you fall way behind in levels and minerals and even if you do come back youll just feed

I support an auto kick bc the people who are actually playing could really use the minerals from the person who is AFK

This would also require them to fix the leaving system since atm it is broken and not splitting minerals that were in peoples bank, only the value of their items

If you leave for more than 5 minutes or so you have effectively become worthless most of the time, you fall way behind in levels and minerals and even if you do come back youll just feed

This is not true, once I had a rancor on my team who went AFK at level 11. At the end, he had enough money to buy 2 sunflares and joined us in pushing mid and we ended up killing the entire enemy team thanks to him. ^^

For heroes that provide CC and other nice things without level and farm, it's still worthwile to have them join in late-game.

Maybe provide the leaver 7% bonus until they come back, but don't actually kick them/steal their minerals until the team votes to kick?

Actually, this might be imbalanced with some heroes. Cue organized teams having 3 carries go 3v5 in pubs, having 2 friends go afk to get 14% bonus, then roflstomp the enemy team later on with Queen and Unix to push towers.

Went afk so many times at level 1 came back and got a kill vs a level 7 or 8 hero. You are making a broad generalisation.

Went afk so many times at level 1 came back and got a kill vs a level 7 or 8 hero. You are making a broad generalisation.

I am calling shenanigans on that one.

Either the enemy was BADLY wounded when you stumbled across him or you had team assists.

A level 8 hero should be able to 1-a a level one hero and win convioncingly.

I used the term "most of the time", bc I intended a broad generalization.

You should never win against a lvl 7 or 8 with a lvl 1 if both of you are at full health, you had either help or they were a total new user

95% of the time if someone afks and comes back, they just become food. Thats just how it is. If you arent ready to play dont start a game.

Sure there are extreme cases when it all works out but overall your team should be able to vote kick you after about 5-10 mins bc its not fair to them and 90% of the time they have no idea when or if you will ever come back, and no way to know you wont just end up feeding (which should happen 95% of the time)

So in summary, if you arent going to play, leave so the people who are fighting can make use of your minerals and the +7% stats

If you dont leave, your team should be able to vote kick you after X mins of you being idle

Yes, I have gone afk and came back as zeratul level 1 when everyone is level 12+. In 2 minutes I was lvl 10 and Godlike. Seems legit.

Anyway, I agree with an kick afk function that would allow the team to vote to kick their own player if no movement is recorded for 5 minutes.

Yes, I have gone afk and came back as zeratul level 1 when everyone is level 12+. In 2 minutes I was lvl 10 and Godlike. Seems legit.

Anyway, I agree with an kick afk function that would allow the team to vote to kick their own player if no movement is recorded for 5 minutes.

what lies. wowow you can lie better and say within 15 minutes you were lvl 10 and godlike

I guess you haven't seen how fast you level up for killing higher level enemies. The catch up system is crazy.

Indeed it is, I've afked before for 20 minutes and everyone was ahead of me and i was able to get a kill on a enemy low hp just after a battle, and i leveled up about 4 Levels from just the kill and another 2 levels from an assist. About from level 7 to level 12 in about 2 minutes. (they were level 15 - 16 or something). Also when creeps get upgraded you gain more xp from them :D. (and theres more of them)

Is there Patrol on your hero? that could bypass the no movement system. Probably better to set it if your character hasn't used an action command (with mouse and ect. since on death you don't move either i believe)