Infamous EU dropper tech advice

Yaldi

As anyone in EU who inhouses regularly will know I have a tiny problem with my game crashing very occasionally my PC specs are:

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5300 @2.60GHz

RAM: 4Gigs(not sure what make)

GPU: ATI Radeon HD4800 Series

not sure what else to list...

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

So I recently got a new job what should I upgrade to hopefully prevent the crashes?

If you want any other specs list them and I will get them to you

Which kind of game crashes do you get? Do you have lines/artifacts on the screen or does the game go grey/freeze up and crash.

There are no lines or artifacts on the screen it just goes black and crashes next time I get one I will paste the error log if you want but i think that is only useful for the people at blizzard

That sounds like my laptop when im playing AOS.

In my case its a overheating problem.

Tho I had simular problems with other computers in the past, and you got like 20 things that can be the cause of it.

power supply is starting to fail

memory problems

gfx drivers

overheating etc etc

Some easy tips that maybe can help.

Try to clean out cpu/gpu fans and coolers, and maybe replace the cooling paste.

Uppgrade/Downgrade gfx drivers

Try unplugging all other power consuming things except OS HDD and see if it works.

Most likly its not impossible to fix it, but its a litte bit of hell to find whats causing it.

Since just blackscreens and crash can be caused by pretty mutch everything in a computer except HDD/CD/DVD ^^

i know from testing it isnt my gpu overheating it isnt memory problems. gfx drivers have been in various stage of under updated and completely updated and it is still the same.

It may be my power supply but im not sure how to test this? Any suggestions?

And yes it is a pain trying to work out what causes it. I think I will open my pc up and have a little clean but i severely doubt this will help much...

If its the power supply it would cause a crash when your playing other games or heavier gfx applications, if it does crash in other games and so on, i would just start with disconnecting everything like extra HDD/dvd/CD and se if it help, (not for i know how long you can play before it crashes) in my case when i had powersupply failing i could play like 1-2hours and boom, it dropped dead, reboot and go for 1-2hour again.

maybe try to do a benchmark (3rdmark or something) it will most likly peek the power under the benchmark,

other then that i think its is just to buy a new one and try

If its the power supply it would cause a crash when your playing other games or heavier gfx applications, if it does crash in other games and so on, i would just start with disconnecting everything like extra HDD/dvd/CD and se if it help, (not for i know how long you can play before it crashes) in my case when i had powersupply failing i could play like 1-2hours and boom, it dropped dead, reboot and go for 1-2hour again.

maybe try to do a benchmark (3rdmark or something) it will most likly peek the power under the benchmark,

other then that i think its is just to buy a new one and try

It generally doesn't seem like it is a certain time after i have been playing that it crashes some times I have had my PC on for days with out a crash and the suddenly it happens others I have just turned it on and it crashes from SC2 so im really doubting its the power supply. But i shall try and do a benchmark tommorow

ty for the advice bro

hmm, sounds really strange, if it would be a software problem, you would have gotten some sort of error msg, same with HDD and memory (like the old 98 bluescreen ^^)

Tho from my experience it looks like cpu/gfx/power, maybe could be a motherboard issue too, not to sure how things works novadays with MBs but back when i was fixing comps it wasnt uncommon for the northbridge to get overheated if the computer was a couple of years old (old paste and worthless fan/cooler)